SIGforum
1969 Backyard Dune Buggy

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/9666031561/m/8860089334

December 01, 2017, 02:57 PM
sigarmsp226
1969 Backyard Dune Buggy
Made from a 57 Ford or Chevy I think. My Uncle made it so we could learn how to drive a stick shift. That is me on the passanger side. I was 10. Lucky we were not hurt or killed.....

December 01, 2017, 06:49 PM
P-220
That is frickin' awesome.

Livin' the dream!!!

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve
December 02, 2017, 04:45 AM
PHPaul
Cool!

Next older brother had a Karmann Ghia. Don't remember why, but it was parked in Granpa's barn when a tornado came through and dumped the barn on top of it.

We rescued it, but the body was completely trashed. The pan was basically straight so we hacked enough of the body off it to clear the tires and used it the same way. Living on a 120 acre farm, there was plenty of room to get going WAY too fast, even if we stayed on the lanes.

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.
December 05, 2017, 12:29 AM
46and2
Awesome.
December 07, 2017, 07:15 PM
lyman
quote:
Originally posted by PHPaul:
Cool!

Next older brother had a Karmann Ghia. Don't remember why, but it was parked in Granpa's barn when a tornado came through and dumped the barn on top of it.

We rescued it, but the body was completely trashed. The pan was basically straight so we hacked enough of the body off it to clear the tires and used it the same way. Living on a 120 acre farm, there was plenty of room to get going WAY too fast, even if we stayed on the lanes.

my oldest Uncle likes Mod A's ,
he had a few as parts donors while restoring the one he still has,

one ended up being a radiator, drivetrain, firewall and floorpan, (as well as the axles etc)

for a bit the seat was a bucket, for the driver, just the floorboards for us

my youngest Uncle would take us for rides on it up and down the farm roads where they lived,

we too, are lucky to be alive,

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/