SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Gallery    Museum of Flight
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Museum of Flight Login/Join 
The Joy Maker
Picture of airsoft guy
posted
On Saturday, the ladyfriend and I, went to the Museum of Flight because they had a free day, in fact I guess lots of museums around the country were free. Unfortunately some of the pictures are blurry, because it's dark inside and I didn't use a flash. Nobody else was using their flashes either. Nobody. It was weird. I know you're not really supposed to use it, because it can damage some things, but still, you'd think there'd be some dumbass mouthbreather who's all, "Hurr hurr, I'ma git me a pitcher of dat dere captured Jap flag! Bonzai, Tojo, hashtag they deserved it, hyuck hyuck! 'Merica." But no, nobody was using the flash on their cameras.

This is some sort of Soviet sex chair, I dunno, I didn't read the signs, but we all know those commies were sexual deviants.

This is what Boeing uses to steal into people's dreams to give them night terrors about riding AirBus.

This is where model airplanes are built.

I just found this to be terrifying nightmare fuel too. 2-dimensional people, trapped in a 3-dimensional world. Also they're black and white. It looks like Nigel ate some bad rye and now he's tripping balls, just what you want when you're about to climb into your Sopwith Camel to do battle with the Boche

Very pistol. Much flare. Wow.

Presidents have pooped here!

quote:
Originally posted by Will938:
If you don't become a screen writer for comedy movies, then you're an asshole.

Posts: 16995 | Location: Washington State | Registered: April 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
Very cool. Thanks for posting.

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12745 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
but we all know those commies were sexual deviants.

Great photos, thanks. The commies weren't just sexual deviants, they were preverts.

Posts: 15898 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of llama 1
posted Hide Post
Flew the F4 Phantom II in the late 60's. Hate to see her all cooped-up like that. She needs space to be appreciated.

Posts: 493 | Location: Southwestern tip of Ecuador | Registered: November 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
That looks like fun!

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53118 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
...and now here's Al
with the Weather.
Picture of guardianangel762
posted Hide Post
I have loved that place since I was a kid

Posts: 9018 | Location: Lake Stevens, WA | Registered: March 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
Just up north of there in Everett Wa. is Paul Allen's Flying Heritage Collection where he has a collection of WWII aircraft that he has restored to flying condition. Here is an example. This is the only FW190 D-13 (Dora) left in the world and it is flyable.

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The Museum of Flight just got a $10 million donation:

http://komonews.com/news/local...nation-of-17-million

Posts: 15898 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That is an amazing place and it is unbelievably large. I want to take my family eventually but in the mean time, those pics are perfect.

Posts: 6840 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Joy Maker
Picture of airsoft guy
posted Hide Post

quote:
Originally posted by Will938:
If you don't become a screen writer for comedy movies, then you're an asshole.

Posts: 16995 | Location: Washington State | Registered: April 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post