SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Gallery    Z06's February’s contest: Valentine’s Day: Hearts & Guns, Candy & Guns, Love & Guns, etc.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Z06's February’s contest: Valentine’s Day: Hearts & Guns, Candy & Guns, Love & Guns, etc. Login/Join 
posted
Make it fun, make it serious, be creative. Good luck.
Jan 31 to Feb 24.
Voting 25-28

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of just1tym
posted Hide Post
How about Guns and Flowers for an acceptable Valentines post? I have an oldie that would fit the bill then Smile Sorry I may have jumped too soon...it's only Jan 30th

Regards, Will G.

Posts: 9660 | Location: 140 mi to Margaritaville, FL | Registered: January 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Busier than a cat covering
crap on a marble floor
Picture of Z06
posted Hide Post
Will, I've always liked your "Wilson/Rose" photo and it sure fits the theme. DS, who started this contest, originally stated that photos were to be new for the "Old School Cool" theme. He has not stated if that applies on this contest theme.
I'm fine with your entry, but then again DS would have the final word.

Posts: 3999 | Location: AZ | Registered: July 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Z06:
Will, I've always liked your "Wilson/Rose" photo and it sure fits the theme. DS, who started this contest, originally stated that photos were to be new for the "Old School Cool" theme. He has not stated if that applies on this contest theme.

As i meant it other than the dates roughly month long 21 days plus 5-7 days voting. The specifics were up to the previous winner. So if you see no issue, then it is part of your rules for this month.

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of just1tym
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Z06:

Z, actually I didn't enter the photo to compete in anything, I just really got lucky with this particular photo and saw this thread as another opportunity to slip it in again Big Grin Most of the photo's that I've seen you've taken are very well done composition wise and great quality images. In my case, I just get lucky now and again and stuffing the rose in my Wilson for a snap just came out special especially using a iPhone, it was like all the stars just lining up that , day for some reasons Smile

Regards, Will G.

Posts: 9660 | Location: 140 mi to Margaritaville, FL | Registered: January 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
crap on a marble floor
Picture of Z06
posted Hide Post
OK, ANY photo you personally took at any time that fits the Valentine’s Day/firearm theme is good to go. Will's flower & gun is now entered!

Let’s see some pix!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Z06,

Posts: 3999 | Location: AZ | Registered: July 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of just1tym
posted Hide Post
Oh ok. Sorry, I never read the rules from the very first thread in December, my bad. Confused

Regards, Will G.

Rule #1: Use enough gun
Picture of Bigboreshooter
posted Hide Post
Sometimes, V-Day can be fun....

When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own house, his possessions are undisturbed. Luke 11:21

"Every nation in every region now has a decision to make.
Either you are with us, or you are with the terrorists." -- George W. Bush

Posts: 14826 | Location: Birmingham, Alabama | Registered: February 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
crap on a marble floor
Picture of Z06
posted Hide Post
Great pic BBS!

crap on a marble floor
Picture of Z06
posted Hide Post
THIS IS NOT AN ENTRY. It is a carry-on of Will's 'rose + gun' (excellent) photo.

Guns N' Roses... just pluralized it.

Only 9 days away from V-Day!

Picture of just1tym
posted Hide Post
Very nicely done Z, almost looks like an advertisement poster!

Regards, Will G.

My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
just1tym has my vote.

Any thoughts for March? Big bore? Small bore? How about the Sig that got away? Guess I'd say this one. Missed it by a few days.

Posts: 9112 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of just1tym
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by .38supersig:
just1tym has my vote.

Any thoughts for March? Big bore? Small bore? How about the Sig that got away? Guess I'd say this one. Missed it by a few days.

Thanks for the compliment .38supersig. I think the most incredible thing about the photo besides luck was that I snapped it with an iPhone.

Regards, Will G.

crap on a marble floor
Picture of Z06
posted Hide Post
Since I became the 'shot caller' for this second round of the contest started by DSgrouse, and the entries for 2.0 were exactly THREE very good photos... I hereby declare a 3-Way Tie for 1st Place!

Congratulations to: just1tym, Bigboreshooter, and .38supersig! Great Pix!

As winners, if you want to, confer as to what contest #3 will have for its theme.

Picture of just1tym
posted Hide Post
"Z" I'll just defer to the other gents to pick as mine like your's was just for fun, a lucky snap on my part.

Btw, my wife also received some roses almost with the same coloring as your's above and I managed to snap another one off with my python that came out pretty good too. I posted it in the smartphone thread, I couldn't pass on the roses as the colors were fantastic, almost a perfect match as yours in color. I'm starting to get the hang of the flowers and firearm stuff..

Regards, Will G.

My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by just1tym:
"Z" I'll just defer to the other gents... I'm starting to get the hang of the flowers and firearm stuff..

Sorry guys. The pic I posted was not mine and didn't meet the criteria. If just1tym can take a pic like this one:

Then he being is entirely too modest saying he is starting to get the hang of things.

Guess it is up to Bigboreshooter...

Posts: 9112 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of just1tym
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by .38supersig: If just1tym can take a pic like this one:
Then he being is entirely too modest saying he is starting to get the hang of things....

Thanks .34supersig. But honestly, most anybody can take or get good images easily. By supplying the correct amount of light/color and an interesting background, many here could and have snapped nice images. Most of the work is done inside the camera or type of camera, equally as well as what's behind the camera. These days I'm just happy that smartphone camera technology is getting more than proficient for snapshots. Be it small compositions, portraits or landscapes, they're surprisingly good. Even many of the smartphones made a few years ago, along with a diversity of brands. See p220cop's images using a Samsung S4 Active, the close up detail is clear and precise. Z's use of iPhones and various software apps is amazingly creative. I only say that I got "lucky" with a photo mostly because I managed to cobble together something interesting in addition to using a good camera which does the rest.

And these days, smartphones are more than capable of snapping some very good images. I couldn't lug around all my dslr gear these days even if I wanted to anyways. Besides, somebody's getting some good use out there with the stuff I sold off. I don't believe smartphone cameras will overtake the dslr's quality and capabilities but, they're closing the popularity gap by making it so portable and having other features/functions besides a camera. It's a huge bonus that the image quality is improving so rapidly and expanding lens/tech wise.

Regards, Will G.