SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Gallery    Blood Mountain Georgia
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Blood Mountain Georgia Login/Join 
posted
All our children are visiting for several days from Texas and Arkansas.

My middle daughter wanted to go on a hike instead of into Atlanta with the others.

Posts: 1053 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 20, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
Looks like a good time, and you did not have to fight the crowds in Atl.

What is the building in the second pic?

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36834 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It is an old shelter at the top of the mountain for hikers on the Appalachian Trail.

Posts: 1053 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 20, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
Picture of Beancooker
posted Hide Post
Looks like a great day out. Much better than shopping crowds in Atlanta.

quote:
Originally posted by parabellum: You must have your pants custom tailored to fit your massive balls.
The “lol” thread

Posts: 4023 | Location: Staring down at you with disdain, from the spooky mountaintop castle.  | Registered: November 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nothing better than a day with your daughter!

Posts: 2044 | Registered: September 19, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Caribou gorn
Picture of YellowJacket
posted Hide Post
Been a few years since I saw that view... brings back good memories. Hiked Woody to Neels quite a few times. Second highest peak in Ga.

I'm gonna vote for the funniest frog with the loudest croak on the highest log.

Posts: 10472 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shaman
Picture of ScreamingCockatoo
posted Hide Post
quote:
Blood Mountain Georgia

Did you go to Vogel while you were up my way?

He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster.

Posts: 39716 | Location: Atop the cockatoo tree | Registered: July 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Got caught in the rain on the hike down.

Just for the
hell of it
Picture of comet24
posted Hide Post
I like the way your daughter thinks.

It looks like a fun day.

Because in the end, you won’t remember the time you spent working in the office or mowing your lawn. Climb that goddamn mountain. Jack Kerouac

Posts: 16378 | Registered: March 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
chillin out
Picture of florida boy
posted Hide Post
Lot's of great hiking in Union County.

I practice Shinrin-yoku
It's better to wear out than rust out
Member NRA
Member Georgia Carry

Posts: 3811 | Location: Union County, Georgia | Registered: September 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We enjoyed the many North Georgia trails over the last 22 months and will miss them as we moved to the North Dallas area last week.

Picture of SIGINT-228
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SW_Sig:
It is an old shelter at the top of the mountain for hikers on the Appalachian Trail.

Wow! Brought back some old memories. I have spent a night in that shelter many moons ago, when I worked at the Robert Woodruff Boy Scout Reservation. Thanks for posting the photo.

------------------------------------------------------------
“Come on you sons of bitches, do you want to live forever?” Sergeant Major Dan Daly (USMC)

Posts: 1097 | Registered: August 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
Many of those buildings were built in the Depression (1930’s) by the CCC.
I live about a half hour from there and take day trips around that area several times a year. Beautiful place.

Posts: 9456 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Spent the night in that same shelter probably 10 years ago and a bad thunderstorm came up. Just glad to be relatively dry....Good hike though.

Posts: 583 | Location: Helena, AL | Registered: July 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 4MUL8R
posted Hide Post
Just listened to a podcast about a serial killer who grabbed a lady on Blood Mountain, hiking alone. I think it was on Dateline NBC podcast.

-------
Trying to simplify my life...

Posts: 5041 | Location: Commonwealth of Virginia | Registered: January 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PowerSurge
posted Hide Post
^^^^^ It was Meredith Emerson. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/..._of_Meredith_Emerson

———————————————
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Psalm 14:1

Posts: 3955 | Location: Northeast Georgia | Registered: November 18, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post