SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Gallery    This time, I DID NOT get too close! (big pics)
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

This time, I DID NOT get too close! (big pics) Login/Join 
Picture of pulicords
posted Hide Post
Beautiful pics! Thanks for sharing!

"I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Posts: 10187 | Location: The Free State of Arizona | Registered: June 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
If you're gonna be a
bear, be a Grizzly!
Picture of Todd Huffman
posted Hide Post
We get those around here, some as big as 5-6 feet. I've seen them as big as my forearm. Even 4 feet away is a little close for comfort in my book.

That said, wonderful pictures of a beautiful snake. I won't bother them as long as they're not close to the house. I think they're amazing creatures and I've never had one be aggressive towards me, more often than not they're looking to escape.

Here's to the sunny slopes of long ago.

Posts: 3633 | Location: Morganton, NC | Registered: December 31, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
Danger Noodle

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
VERY nice. I love canebrakes...

Posts: 153 | Registered: December 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
I realize the value that those have on the eco system ,
but man , that skin would look awesome on the side of a nice leather rifle scabbard

I never thought of myself as a "Snake" person but I do love the way they look in the right setting. This is a Python rig I made for a customer a few years ago.
Brian@DesignerGrips.com

IMG_3369 (Small) by Brian Schneider, on Flickr

Posts: 8 | Location: Atlanta, GA | Registered: October 26, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dusty78:
danger noodle

Big Grin

And yes, "a whole lotta NOPE!" Eek

God bless America.

Posts: 13427 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Would this be the canebrake varient of the timber rattler?

I would let him be. Unless he was next to the house, or injured. Out of the dozen or so snakes i have killed in my life. 10 were run over by previous vehicles. Just squrming. That is no way for anything to die.

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Wins
Picture of Micropterus
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DSgrouse:

I would let him be. Unless he was next to the house, or injured. Out of the dozen or so snakes i have killed in my life. 10 were run over by previous vehicles. Just squrming. That is no way for anything to die.

Yes, Canebrake. The coastal plain variety of the Timber Rattlesnake.

This one was on a National Wildlife Refuge road. I had a snake hook/stick in my truck and was going to move him off the road but he went his way when I turned around and walked back to my truck.

Posts: 4285 | Location: In The Swamp | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Seeker
Picture of StorminNormin
posted Hide Post
Great pics! I love snakes.

NRA Benefactor Life Member

Posts: 8657 | Location: The Lone Star State | Registered: July 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get on the fifty!
Picture of Andyb
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 46and2:
Danger Noodle

Nope Rope

"Pickin' stones and pullin' teats is a hard way to make a living. But, sure as God's got sandals, it beats fightin' dudes with treasure trails."

"We've been tricked, we've been backstabbed, and we've been quite possibly, bamboozled."

Posts: 3585 | Location: OK | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Micropterus:
quote:
Originally posted by DSgrouse:

Yes, Canebrake. The coastal plain variety of the Timber Rattlesnake.

This one was on a National Wildlife Refuge road. I had a snake hook/stick in my truck and was going to move him off the road but he went his way when I turned around and walked back to my truck.

Nicely done. Beautiful snake

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
Native El Pasoan says “that’s a big ol’ bucket of ‘fuck that.’”

Nah. Just nope. Hunh uh. Sumbitch best be somewhere out where he belongs and we can be pen pals, if that. “No,” as the ladies say.

Posts: 17061 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
And this, too,
shall pass away
Picture of Drifting Fate
posted Hide Post
Nuke it from orbit, it's the only way to be sure.

Don't know where other AZ folks have been walking, but if you haven't seen them, that doesn't mean they haven't seen you.

Posts: 3679 | Location: AZ | Registered: June 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post