Find
Notify
Tools

Denali Login/Join 
Just for the
hell of it
Picture of comet24
posted
Denali decided to make an appearance when I was up in Alaska. Only about 30% of those who go up there actually get to see the mountain. It is normally covered in clouds. Our view didn't last long before clouds moved in.

Because in the end, you won’t remember the time you spent working in the office or mowing your lawn. Climb that goddamn mountain. Jack Kerouac

Posts: 16378 | Registered: March 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three on, one off
Picture of G-Man
posted Hide Post
Beautiful. Simply beautiful!

Posts: 4449 | Location: Michigan | Registered: November 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
Nice photos. Thanks.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53117 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 229DAK
posted Hide Post
I always loved it when I could step out on the front porch of my quarters in Fort Richardson and see Denali off in the distance.

Posts: 9001 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted Hide Post
Very nice images!

"Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway." Steve McQueen...

Posts: 6996 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: July 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
Nice shot of Mt. McKinley! Wink

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12743 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just for the
hell of it
Picture of comet24
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ArtieS:
Nice shot of Mt. McKinley! Wink

I see what you did there.

Because in the end, you won’t remember the time you spent working in the office or mowing your lawn. Climb that goddamn mountain. Jack Kerouac

Picture of ewills
posted Hide Post
Those are great shots! Very good timing......

Posts: 308 | Location: NOVA | Registered: February 15, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post
Absolutely stunning! Thank you for posting these photos! Smile

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
Plowing straight ahead come what may
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10580 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Wins
Picture of Micropterus
posted Hide Post
Gorgeous!

Posts: 4285 | Location: In The Swamp | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SSgt USMC/Vet
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by G-Man:
Beautiful. Simply beautiful!

My sentiments exactly.

Posts: 1949 | Location: Northern Virginia/Buggs Island, Boydton Va. | Registered: July 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
An investment in knowledge
pays the best interest
posted Hide Post
All of your photos are almost Club MOZ worthy! Thanks for sharing.

Posts: 3362 | Location: Mid-Atlantic | Registered: December 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cogito Ergo Sum
posted Hide Post
Wow! Great pictures. Thanks for sharing.

Posts: 5691 | Registered: August 01, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crossfire fanatic

Picture of mr.sig239
posted Hide Post
Very nice! When we were there it never cleared enough to get the whole thing in a picture.

phil

Posts: 2383 | Location: Massachusetts | Registered: November 03, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It is so pretty, it almost doesn't look real. It is amazing at the beauty this country offers.

Posts: 6840 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
You were indeed fortunate to have such an opportunity and took good advantage of it. I've been there twice and had fairly good luck, myself.

Good job!

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Spectacular!

Posts: 2044 | Registered: September 19, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
All Americans should have to spend a week there to appreciate this land

Posts: 13796 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just for the
hell of it
Picture of comet24
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CQB60:
All Americans should have to spend a week there to appreciate this land

Negative Ghostrider. Too many people are idiots and have no idea how to treat our lands.

Way too many people already think they can just leave their trash anywhere.

People see nice pictures online and want to go get the same picture, see the same thing. The problem is some of these places take some experience, skill, and knowledge to safely get to. Some think they can leave trash anywhere.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: comet24,

Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
Very nice.

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7120 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post