SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Gallery    Black Chinned Hummingbird visited today
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Black Chinned Hummingbird visited today Login/Join 
Recondite Raider
Picture of lizardman_u
posted
I had this male Black chinned Hummingbird at my feeder today, and he perched on top of my Lavender Twist Weeping Redbud tree.

He let me walk out the front door and get within 10 feet of him.

Image is cropped. Shot with Pentax K-1 and Sigma 50-500mm lens @ 500mm focal length.

Posts: 3564 | Location: Boardman, Oregon | Registered: September 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rwilli
posted Hide Post
Nice work

"And that the said Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to infringe the just liberty of the Press, or the rights of Conscience; or to prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms; …"
Samuel Adams

Posts: 126 | Location: Southern Missouri | Registered: November 25, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Recondite Raider
Picture of lizardman_u
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rwilli:
Nice work

Thank you.

Posts: 3564 | Location: Boardman, Oregon | Registered: September 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
what the heck kind of lens did that require?
from what distance?

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54597 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 229DAK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bendable:
what the heck kind of lens did that require?
from what distance?

quote:
Image is cropped. Shot with Pentax K-1 and Sigma 50-500mm lens @ 500mm focal length.

Posts: 9025 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
DOH!

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54597 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post