SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Gallery    Finished a presentation case for that Python.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Finished a presentation case for that Python. Login/Join 
Picture of bripro
posted
As some of you may recall I threw together a Harry Callahan themed presentation case when I landed a 6 1/2 inch blued 29-2. I started making this box once I decided to python was in my future. Now that I have one I was able to get there exact dimensions of the gun and finish it up. I’m still experimenting with ways to make the fabric smooth as the lines under the grip and near the rear sight are setting my mild ocd on fire. If anyone has any suggestions please let me know. In the meantime here’s a few photos. The Colt plaque on top was actually a belt buckle up until yesterday. They are all over eBay. I had to grind off the stud and the loop system and straighten out the arc. I also purposely square cut the corners instead of mitering to give a little contrast. Let me know what you think, Brian

This message has been edited. Last edited by: bripro,

DDG-8 "Sine Timore"

Posts: 155 | Location: United States | Registered: May 05, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Living my life my way
Picture of molachi
posted Hide Post
Well done!

Posts: 1756 | Location: The Backyard of Nowhere | Registered: August 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
You're very talented.

Beware of a man whose only pistol is a 1911, he's probably very good with it.

Posts: 11194 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer. | Registered: January 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of UTsig
posted Hide Post
Love it, Python has a happy home!

"Nature scares me" a quote by my friend Bob after a rough day at sea.

Posts: 3388 | Location: Utah's Dixie | Registered: January 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bripro
posted Hide Post
Thank you for the positive comments. I changed it up a bit because the wrinkles were driving me crazy. It’s seems a heavier fabric and a bigger gap between the revolver is all it took.

DDG-8 "Sine Timore"

Posts: 155 | Location: United States | Registered: May 05, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
Nicely done.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53117 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A man's got to know
his limitations
Picture of hberttmank
posted Hide Post
Very nice job!

"But, as luck would have it, he stood up. He caught that chunk of lead." Gunnery Sergeant Carlos Hathcock

Posts: 9357 | Registered: March 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Looks great. What do you have under the material-foam,etc.? I ask as I am looking to do the same for my son.

Posts: 6840 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Throwin sparks
makin knives
Picture of sybo
posted Hide Post
Great work for a great piece!!

Posts: 6203 | Location: Nashville Tn | Registered: October 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bripro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by patw:
Looks great. What do you have under the material-foam,etc.? I ask as I am looking to do the same for my son.

Under the fabric I cut the shape of the gun into a piece of one inch thick blue dow insulation board. Regular styrofoam would work too. Under that I originally had a piece of 1/2” gun case foam which I also have that on the top. I felt that was too thick as the bottom portion of my case was 1.5 inches so with the fabric I was slightly above the lip. I dropped the bottom foam down to 1/4 inch and may do the same to the top. I had several thicknesses on hand from past projects. I originally bought it from eBay, just search for gun case foam. After all was said and done I realized there is no reason that I couldn’t have used a sturdy piece of cardboard under the cutout since I went so thin.

DDG-8 "Sine Timore"

Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
Very nice work, a beautiful pistol and presentation

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10719 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Constable
posted Hide Post
It always surprised me that Pythons DIDN'T come in a S&W type, wood, Presentation case. They are certainly special enough to deserve it.

Beautiful case! Well done.

Posts: 7074 | Location: Craig, MT | Registered: December 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rinehart
posted Hide Post
That case is better quality/design than most of the commercial ones available!

Have you considered making more of these?

Posts: 1507 | Location: PA | Registered: March 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of just1tym
posted Hide Post
Very well done! I do however prefer the first fabric color, the craftsmanship and design of the box is superb. I'm guessing that is oak also? I'm a huge fan of oak, all my furniture here at home throughout the house is all oak to include the baseboards I cut, routered, and stained.

Many would be proud to use that presentation case for all pistols and/or revolvers. Smile

Regards, Will G.

Posts: 9660 | Location: 140 mi to Margaritaville, FL | Registered: January 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of kimberkid
posted Hide Post
Nice ... very nice!

If you really want something you'll find a way ...
... if you don't you'll find an excuse.

I'm really not a "kid" anymore ... but I haven't grown up yet either Wink

Posts: 5700 | Registered: January 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
half way expected to see this for your 9 ft. snake

Big Grin

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54500 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bripro
posted Hide Post
Thanks everyone. It is indeed solid oak. One of my favorite hardwoods. I thought about a very purplish poplar but the yard didn’t have a good selection that day.

DDG-8 "Sine Timore"

posted Hide Post
Great craftsmanship

Posts: 119 | Location: Ashland Ohio | Registered: December 30, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Back, and
to the left
Picture of 83v45magna
posted Hide Post
Beautiful work and I love the re-purposed belt buckle.

I returned, and saw under the sun, that the race is not to the swift, nor the battle to the strong, neither yet bread to the wise, nor yet riches to men of understanding, nor yet favour to men of skill; but time and chance happeneth to them all. -Ecclesiastes 9:11

Posts: 7230 | Location: Dallas | Registered: August 04, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
Just beautiful! Well done! Big Grin

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16146 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post