SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Gallery    American Muscle
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

American Muscle Login/Join 
Back in Black
posted
I have owned a lot of cars, both foreign and domestic. Something keeps bringing me back to good old American V8s. Current toy is a 2018 Dodge Charger Hellcat with a 700+ horsepower supercharged Hemi. Post up some pictures of your American muscle cars: past or present, old or new.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: RobC2,

Posts: 1147 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: January 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I don't any pics to offer but that is a beautiful machine.

Posts: 6845 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JPD217
posted Hide Post
Sorry, the pics are crappy, they are reproduced from a 110 instamatic and the car was a little dusty. These are the only pics I have. Late 1970's.

1965 Chevelle, switched engine to a 375hp 327, bored .60 thousands over. Edelbrock cam and intake, Holley 780 Double pumper, Accel dual point ignition, Hooker headers and Cherry Bombs. Borg Warner Super T10 4 speed with Mr. Gasket inline shifter, 12 bolt Chevy rear end with 411 posi.

I kinda miss that car, had a lot of fun with it.

Posts: 2585 | Location: North Dakota | Registered: August 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
<<<<<<<< see avatar Razz

Beware of a man whose only pistol is a 1911, he's probably very good with it.

Posts: 11194 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer. | Registered: January 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My high school ride in 1980

Weekend car now

"You can take your pistol and stick it so far up your ass, the muzzle of it is visible when you cough."

Posts: 1248 | Registered: February 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fpuhan
posted Hide Post
Want muscle? I don't own one, but a Tesla Model S 100D ran a 10.766-second quarter-mile. According to DragTimes, that makes it the quickest production four-door in the world.

You can't truly call yourself "peaceful" unless you are capable of great violence. If you're not capable of great violence, you're not peaceful, you're harmless.

NRA Benefactor/Patriot Member

Posts: 2857 | Location: Peoples Republic of North Virginia | Registered: December 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bodhisattva
posted Hide Post

Posts: 11506 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wolffy88
posted Hide Post
No, I don’t use the brush.

-wolff

"In the absence of light, darkness prevails." - Professor Bruttenholm

Posts: 2103 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Busier than a cat covering
crap on a marble floor
Picture of Z06
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fpuhan:
Want muscle? I don't own one, but a Tesla Model S 100D ran a 10.766-second quarter-mile.

...and a retina detaching 0-60 in 2.3 seconds. The new Tesla sports car does it in 1.9!

Posts: 3999 | Location: AZ | Registered: July 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Low Profile Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wolffy88:
No, I don’t use the brush.

Beautiful

Posts: 3529 | Registered: August 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
crap on a marble floor
Picture of Z06
posted Hide Post

My A.M. cars over the years:
1967 Firebird 400/4-speed convertible
1973 Corvette C3 350/4-speed convertible
1989 Corvette C4 350/auto coupe
2001 Corvette C5 Z06
2008 Corvette C6 5-speed coupe

Posts: 3999 | Location: AZ | Registered: July 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Newf
posted Hide Post
I've been fortunate enough to own some nice cars over the years, mainly healthy American pony cars - Mustangs and F-bodies. Enjoyed them all including drag racing, autox, shows, cruise night etc etc. Eventually I realized if I kept on the way I was, I'd be dead - so switched to firearms as a safer hobby lol. A couple of my favourites below:

2009 Shelby, won a couple annual street car shootouts (bracket racing) with it and a few show. Did a fair bit of work to it, including S/C swap, full exhaust, suspension etc - mostly by myself on jack-stands in my garage. Had it up to 720RWHP and ran consistent low 11's at 120+ on street tires - it was a (heavy) beast. The only car I owned that truly scared me at times and was a real hoot LOL.

Next favourite was probably this one, a '98 WS6 RamAir Pontiac Formula. Also did some of more common upgrades and regulary drag raced it as well with the occasional autox event thrown in.

I did have one side trip into something Euro, but still the rwd-with-a-healthy-V8-up-front type, a 2006 AMG SLK55. The fondest memory of owning this car was attending an AMG 3 day road race school in Dallas with my daughter - nothing like bombing around a real race track in someone else's $$$ cars with mechanic support LOL. Also raced that AMG in various events at home too. Always enjoyed that aspect of owning all these types of cars, not just the cruise night show and shine thing.

Posts: 920 | Location: Canada | Registered: June 05, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
Past (late 70s)

Presents

(engine work in progress...)

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43810 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Master-at-Arms
Picture of apf383
posted Hide Post
Good luck with the new car Rob. If you haven't already checked it out, go over to Hellcat.org for a ton of info. Here are my contributions, I bought the Hellcat in June, it's a 2015 in B5 blue with an M6 and Laguna Leather that I picked up out in Indy with 650 miles, I know the original owner. I've had the Roadrunner since '85, and completed the resto myself in 2003.

Foster's, Australian for Bud

Posts: 7489 | Location: Stuck in NY, FUAC  | Registered: November 22, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Living my life my way
Picture of molachi
posted Hide Post
My first a '65

My current a '12

Posts: 1756 | Location: The Backyard of Nowhere | Registered: August 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bolo4tom
posted Hide Post
my 2012 FBO, NA'd, CJ weekend warrior.

Posts: 404 | Registered: October 24, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
crap on a marble floor
Picture of Z06
posted Hide Post
My last American Muscle (449 hp - 6M)

Had it since new 2008-2015, 4 and last Vette.

Engraving is
scratching
on purpose
Picture of mm6mm6
posted Hide Post
After owning my 1991 Mustang LX 5.0 since new for 25+ years and modifying the engine (Vortech supercharger, Cobra intake, 1.6 roller rocker arms, headers, exhaust, springs, shocks, braces, Tremece trans, Hurst shifter, etc) and then also owning a 1991 Mustang GT convertible (MCA Gold winner, bone stock), I sold both to buy this 2015 Deep Impact Blue with Ceramic leather interior Mustang GT. The independent rear suspension, incredible leg room (I'm 6'5" and can extend my knees straight and stretch in the driver's seat!), and 435 hp gives this Mustang power and a smooth ride combined for a superb driving experience. I just love it.

My daily driver for the past 8 1/2 years was a 2010 Ford Focus SE. Great gas mileage for my 68 mile round trip to work and back every day. Very good handling and ride and amazingly plenty of room inside for me. But after 150,000+ miles, it was time for a new car.

And I retired and no longer needed the great gas mileage the Focus gave me (32 mpg city/hwy per week).

I've never owned anything but a Ford. However the only option for me was going to be a Taurus SHO. The styling bored me and with the Performance Package, the tires are not to be used below 40 degrees. That's a problem here in Northern Illinois. I didn't want to swap wheels/tires back and forth twice a year. I looked elsewhere.

And I settled on ordering a 2018 Dodge Charger Scat Pack. In Destroyer Grey with the Red interior. No sunroof to rob me headroom. With 485 hp (and 475 torque), this beast is the second to last American branded four door sedan with a V8 (the Cadillac starts at $80,000 thought!). It's big and roomy and smooth and quiet until I get on the go pedal. I added a Richard Petty Enterprises strut tower brace (painted to match directly from them) and an oil catch can.

Here's the older photo of my two 1991 Mustangs:

When our daughter turned 18 and was a senior in high school, we decided to buy her a car as a birthday/graduation present. I found an excellent condition 2000 Mustang coupe V6 (much less for insurance!) in Performance Red for her. I bought it and had all wear out parts replaced. It's been running perfect for almost 4 years now. She love's it and all her friends at college call her the Mustang girl.

Posts: 985 | Registered: March 01, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three on, one off
Picture of G-Man
posted Hide Post
My 2016 R/T

Posts: 4449 | Location: Michigan | Registered: November 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of coma4by
posted Hide Post
94 Gt with 18.5k on the clock.

Leaving cars and coffee

Posts: 217 | Location: Jacksonville Fl | Registered: January 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post