SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Gallery    Some Waterfowl and other stuff (big pics)
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Some Waterfowl and other stuff (big pics) Login/Join 
Truth Wins
Picture of Micropterus
posted
Today at Alligator River NWR. Made the mistake of taking my 18-140mm DX instead of my 70-300mm FX.

Posts: 4285 | Location: In The Swamp | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
Am I seeing a Osprey or a Hawk ?

Posts: 17891 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Wins
Picture of Micropterus
posted Hide Post
It's a Hawk of some kind. I'm thinking a Sharp Shinned but I could be wrong.

Posts: 4285 | Location: In The Swamp | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Recondite Raider
Picture of lizardman_u
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by David Lee:

Northern Harrier Hawk (Male I believe).

Micropterus, I always love seeing your photos.

Dave

Posts: 3564 | Location: Boardman, Oregon | Registered: September 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Caribou gorn
Picture of YellowJacket
posted Hide Post
All of those pintails make me giddy.

I'm gonna vote for the funniest frog with the loudest croak on the highest log.

Posts: 10474 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rumors of my death
are greatly exaggerated
Picture of coloradohunter44
posted Hide Post
Great pics. Love watching ducks and such.

"Someday I hope to be half the man my bird-dog thinks I am."

FBLM LGB!

Posts: 10895 | Location: Commirado | Registered: July 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Wins
Picture of Micropterus
posted Hide Post
I could kick myself for taking my 18-140. I figured I was going to want some wider angle shots but ended up seeing so much that I didn't take any wide angle shots and tried to manage distant objects at 140mm. The mallards in front of the trees would have been magnificent at 250-300mm. Stupid.

Truth Wins
Picture of Micropterus
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lizardman_u:
quote:
Originally posted by David Lee:

Northern Harrier Hawk (Male I believe).

Micropterus, I always love seeing your photos.

Dave

Thanks. I wasn't prepared or this one. I was actually driving when I took these.