SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Gallery    Finally got my own 29-2 S&W
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Finally got my own 29-2 S&W Login/Join 
Picture of bripro
posted
For years it seemed I either had the money but couldn’t find one in my price range or found a listing but couldn’t part with the cash. Finally it came together and I picked up this 1964-65 produced gun. S prefix and original “coke bottle” grips to boot. It’s not collector grade but it’s bripro grade for sure!! I can certainly live with a little muzzle polish and scratches since I’ve already shot it and plan to much more. I paid 800 as is, which may be considered a little high since there’s no box or tools but Ive been after one for some time. What do you guys think of that price? The xfer was 35.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: bripro,

DDG-8 "Sine Timore"

Posts: 155 | Location: United States | Registered: May 05, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I think that is a pretty good price. Those grips may be worth 400. Nice shooter. Now go out and "make your day!"

Posts: 158 | Registered: February 18, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You didn't pay too much. Nice revolver.

Posts: 381 | Location: East Texas | Registered: June 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Beautiful Mind
Picture of DetonicsMk6
posted Hide Post
It's gorgeous! I think you bought it right.

“The most dangerous man to any government is the man who is able to think things out for himself, without regard to the prevailing superstitions and taboos. Almost inevitably he comes to the conclusion that the government he lives under is dishonest, insane, and intolerable...”
― H.L. Mencken

-All views expressed are those of the author and do not reflect those of the author's employer-

Posts: 4801 | Registered: March 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Very Nice......and NO you didn't overpay.

Enjoy Smile

Posts: 2096 | Location: Bowling Green, KY | Registered: January 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Great looking gun. I was never a revolver guy although the first gun I bought was a 629 with 8 3/8" barrel. S&W makes a beautiful blued revolver and the more I see them, the more I am wanting one. Maybe it is a good time for a change of mind after seeing some of these gorgeous guns.

Posts: 6840 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Avoiding
slam fires
Picture of 45 Cal
posted Hide Post
Nice,and no you did not pay too much.
That little ware on the muzzle ain't nothing in my book plus the positive thing is the faint ring line on the cylinder.
I always looked for the blue model, wound up with two 629's and one Nichol 29
All great shooter at 100 yards in my younger years.

Posts: 22407 | Location: Georgia | Registered: February 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nice revolver. I’d have paid that without those lovely stocks.

Posts: 4736 | Location: Florida Panhandle  | Registered: November 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Gambit
posted Hide Post
Sweet ! I would have jumped on it.

Posts: 915 | Location: Acadiana | Registered: February 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Very nice and that was a great deal!

Posts: 456 | Location: Ocala, FL 34478 | Registered: December 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frequent Denizen
of the Twilight Zone
Picture of SIGWolf
posted Hide Post
I don't think you paid too much. I remember years ago $700 or $800 was the going rate for one in as good condition as that one seems to be.

Posts: 17342 | Location: Northern Vermont | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
Those grips make it easily worth what you paid for it. That isn't a bad price for even one with the later stocks.

Nice gun. Enjoy shooting it.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53117 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Sexy. Well done!

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A friend had one that he used for silhouette shooting back in the late 1970's. He taught me a trick for shooting reeds with it, and at my best I could clip one out to nearly 75 yards.

The inherent accuracy of the N-frames is phenomenal!

--------------------------
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.
-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9127 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Quiet Man
posted Hide Post
Good find. I had one exactly like that. Beautiful gun. Almost no wear. Very fine turn line. Only flaw it had was it looked like someone had taken a grinder to the bottom edge of the grip frame. I dont know if they started to try a round butt conversion and thought better of it or if it was their “fix” for a bad drop. In any case you barely noticed it with the grips on.

I got it after its original owner passed. It had a five inch full lug barrel on it with the original 6.5 in the box. They got swapped back immediately. Bar none the best trigger ive ever felt. Ever.

I kept it for a couple of years, realized i was barely ever shooting it, and sold it for a little of nothing to my good friend Tim Warren.

After Tim got killed i offered to pay his widow considerably more than the gun was worth to get it back. Sadly it disapeared. I dont know of he sold or traded it of if one if the less scrupulous family members snatched it up. Either way, thats the one gun i truly miss.

Thanks for sharing the pictures. Brought back memories. That is a fantastic piece. Enjoy it. They dont make them like that anymore.

Posts: 2590 | Registered: November 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post