Find
Notify
Tools

Eclipse Login/Join 
Just for the
hell of it
Picture of comet24
posted
Used a cheap paper and some kind of plastic film filter with a rubber band over my lens to snap these. Happy considering the filter I used.

About the most coverage, we saw here in Maryland.

On the way out

Lots of clouds at the end. Shot this one without the filter.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: comet24,

Because in the end, you won’t remember the time you spent working in the office or mowing your lawn. Climb that goddamn mountain. Jack Kerouac

Posts: 16378 | Registered: March 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cummings Custom Refinishing
posted Hide Post
Very cool pics

Cummings Custom Refinishing offers Quality Craftsmanship at affordable prices. Fully Lic FFL's for over 30 years
OFTEN IMITATED BUT NEVER DUPLICATED
423-639-8924
www.ccrrefinishing.com

Posts: 5208 | Location: Eastern Tn | Registered: March 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
Very nicely done. Thank you for sharing.

It was underwhelming here in Cincy, even at 91%.

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36834 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of arlen
posted Hide Post
Just arrived back home. We went to Alliance, Nebraska, which was about 2 mile from the center of the path.
It was surreal. A little bit of diminishing sunlight until, bang, full eclipse. We saw the black of the moon ringed by the corona of the sun. We could see a planet shining bright in the dark sky. There was a drastic darkening as if late dusk.
My iphone would not take a picture of what we saw. It only produced a very bright spot during totality.

It was well worth the trip. A once in a lifetime event. My father-in-law saw the eclipse whenever he was 8 years old in 1918. My wife now has had the same experience 99 years later.

Regards,
arlen

======================
Some days, it's just not worth the effort of chewing through the leather straps.
======================

Posts: 408 | Location: Colorado | Registered: August 13, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Caribou gorn
Picture of YellowJacket
posted Hide Post
Nice. We had 97% here in Atlanta and the clouds made for a great filter. Shot with a Samsung S8+

I'm gonna vote for the funniest frog with the loudest croak on the highest log.

Posts: 10472 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post