Notify
Tools

Naples Italy Login/Join 
Figment Of
My Own
Imagination
Picture of dlayne
posted
I’m in Naples for the week on business. Here are a few of the shots I’ve taken in the evenings after work. I have mixed feelings about Naples. On one hand there are plenty of cultural and historical opportunities. On the other hand this city is painted with graffiti on every square inch with trash lying everywhere. Has to be at the top of the list of places that are nice to visit, but would never live in.

Posts: 4220 | Location: Charleston, SC | Registered: December 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Figment Of
My Own
Imagination
Picture of dlayne
posted Hide Post

Posts: 4220 | Location: Charleston, SC | Registered: December 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Figment Of
My Own
Imagination
Picture of dlayne
posted Hide Post

Figment Of
My Own
Imagination
Picture of dlayne
posted Hide Post

Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
Great imagery, well done.

Posts: 13796 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Naples is a shithole compared to any other city in Italy. Basically a 3rd world country.

NRA Life Member

Posts: 240 | Location: Kiawah Island, SC | Registered: July 25, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hold Fast
Picture of Butch 2340
posted Hide Post
Get out of Naples and see Sorrento and Pompeii

Never shoot a large caliber man with a small caliber bullet . . .

Posts: 7629 | Location: Georgia  | Registered: May 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of whododat
posted Hide Post
Have not been to Naples since 1983. I cannot imagine it got better!
Be safe. Keep your head on a swivel.

Because son, it is what you are supposed to do.

Posts: 1851 | Location: Escaped to TN | Registered: October 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Figment Of
My Own
Imagination
Picture of dlayne
posted Hide Post

Figment Of
My Own
Imagination
Picture of dlayne
posted Hide Post

Figment Of
My Own
Imagination
Picture of dlayne
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by imfrogman:
Naples is a shithole compared to any other city in Italy. Basically a 3rd world country.

I can’t get over how disgusting the streets are with trash everywhere.

quote:
Originally posted by Butch 2340:
Get out of Naples and see Sorrento and Pompeii

Last time through I did Rome, Pompeii, Capua, and Amalfi Coast. Decided to stay close by during my work week and then head to Germany for a week off work.

quote:
Originally posted by whododat:
Have not been to Naples since 1983. I cannot imagine it got better!
Be safe. Keep your head on a swivel.

You haven’t missed much. I wanted to see a few historical sights in person. Departing for Germany for s week on my way home.

Figment Of
My Own
Imagination
Picture of dlayne
posted Hide Post

Deeds Not Words
posted Hide Post
Unfortunately, I have been out of town this last week -- could have had a Forum Join-Up in Napoli. Prior to moving here, Naples was described to my wife and I in the context of two movies..."You know the movie UNDER THE TUSCAN SUN -- You can drive there from here...You know the movie, BLACKHAWK DOWN -- You LIVE there.."

Locals often say "a beautiful woman with dirty feet". After almost 30 years in uniform, no matter where you go, there you are!

Navy BMD: When "Aim High" isn't High Enough!

Posts: 61 | Registered: August 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Figment Of
My Own
Imagination
Picture of dlayne
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by KP93:
Unfortunately, I have been out of town this last week...

What part of Naples do you live? Ill be back in town Friday but just for the night as I fly back to the US Saturday morning. I’ll def be back as we have an office on Capo.

non ducor, duco
Picture of Nickelsig229
posted Hide Post
Napoli is notorious for being dirty and dangerous. Some of the worst organized crime has grown roots in napoli over the past 200 years and it's infested the government and society there.

I had a cousin visit our family, just outside of Napoli, about 11 years ago. He is completely Americanized and can barely understand Italian let alone the version they speak in Napoli. The Taxi driver at aeroporto internazionale di Napoli pulls up, loads his bags and agrees to drive him to Caserta some 25 minutes away. As soon as he gets out of the airport he pulls over and drags my cousin, a large guy, out of the taxi then drove off with his bags. Literally at the entrance to the airport.

LOL. Nopoli.

The Gomorrah has become the euro equivalent to ms13 and it has even caused irreparable damage to the eco system. They buried toxic wasted from their "waste collection" industries under parts of the city and surrounding area's. 20 years later there have been documentaries detailing the results causing people to loose their lives to illness and local government can no longer cover up the results, or the implications of their involvement with the mafia.

The amazing part is less then 15 minutes out of the cesspool and you can find some truly beautiful landscapes and ancient history. Campania is beautiful, a truly majestic part of the world, with its Mediterranean sea side mountain villages, beaches, and Islands like Capri. But its capital is pure shit.

First In Last Out

Posts: 4787 | Location: CT | Registered: October 15, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post