SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Gallery    Everybody Likes Bear Pictures
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Everybody Likes Bear Pictures Login/Join 
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted
The first picture is from a day I spent with WGFD bear researchers. It was tranquilized, but obviously, I wasn't inclined to mother-up to it.

The last picture I called "Waving Bear," but a friend I showed it to called it the, "Pardon me, would you have any Grey Poupon," picture.

Posts: 13155 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nice photos, Tom.

PC

Posts: 1329 | Location: NW Wyoming | Registered: November 23, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
Maybe not everybody Wink

Posts: 13155 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Where were these pics taken?

How do I stay as far as possible from there? Eek

--------------------------
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.
-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9127 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TMats:
Maybe not everybody Wink

Well, I do! Great pics! The last made me chuckle. The first pic is actually something I wouldn't mind doing. That's a really cool picture, man.
Thanks for sharing them, TMats. Smile

Posts: 17043 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of IndianaMike
posted Hide Post
Nice pictures, Thanks for sharing

Posts: 1594 | Location: NORTHEAST INDIANA | Registered: August 18, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
The pictures were all taken on my ranger district, north end of the Bridger-Teton. The sedated bear was in the Mt. Leidy highlands S of U.S. 26/287, the others from various places on Togwotee Pass.

Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
Cool, thanks for posting those.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53116 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
sick puppy
posted Hide Post
beautiful! I love bears.

Posts: 7546 | Location: Alpine, Ut | Registered: February 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
You like bear pictures? Here are a few of mine:

DSC_0152.jpg
by David Casteel, on Flickr

DSC_0145.jpg

Those were taken in 2007 in the Lutak Inlet near Haines, AK. The next was taken in 2014 at the Hidden Falls Hatchery:

DSC_9353.jpg

And here are a couple taken at a closed cannery at Kake, AK in 2014:

DSC_9117.jpg

DSC_9123.jpg

There are more located in those Albums if you want to check them out.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've watched a few bears on more than one occasion, and seen more than a half dozen others.
we even met one , very up close and in person.

and NEVER ever would I trust a single one of them,
not for a minute

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54484 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
Telephoto lenses are your friend....

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post
Our local picin'-nic basket thief. This is a few hundred yards from my house. You can see the lake by my house right behind him. My neighbor is inside her house probably 5 feet away from the bear, but behind a sliding door of course.

Posts: 11341 | Registered: August 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nosce te ipsum
Picture of Woodman
posted Hide Post
Very nice!

In my youth, catching a ride through a mid-spring sleet/snow storm in Teton N.P., I'd swear I saw a smallish dark lump of fur running beside the road. The van driver said it was not a bear, but it sure looked bearish to me. Would that have been possible? A baby bear running for mamma?

Late May 2017 I recreated that mid-'80s hitchhike adventure, this time by pickup truck. Yep, not yet camp-able for my 3-season tent and lack of decent gear. Snow and sleet. Down to 33˚ but dry in Mammoth, though. And to think in my early 20s I bedded down in a Tetons snow drift, nestled in a sleeping bag and vapor barrier.

Posts: 8759 | Registered: March 24, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
Beautiful pics!

Here are a few of mine from my 5 years as an Alaska resident:
  • Mama and 2.5 year olds eating from fishermen's net:

• Mama and nervous 1.5 year olds about an hour later:

• Bear eating salmon he caught on Russian River:

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.
  •  
    Posts: 23086 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    posted Hide Post
    Nice pictures. It is amazing at how fast those animals are when they want to be. I was watching a video of a couple hunters in a tree stand,I assume about 30-40 feet up in the tree and you could hear the bear climbing the tree in what seemed like a couple seconds.

Posts: 6838 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    I'm not laughing
    WITH you
    Picture of Rolan_Kraps
    posted Hide Post
    I'll probably die trying to pet a bear.

Rolan Kraps
    SASS Regulator
    Gainesville, Georgia.
    NRA Range Safety Officer
    NRA Certified Instructor - Pistol / Personal Protection Inside the Home

Posts: 23577 | Location: Gainesville, GA | Registered: October 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post