SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Gallery    Suntop in the Snoqualmie National Forest
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Suntop in the Snoqualmie National Forest Login/Join 
The Joy Maker
Picture of airsoft guy
posted
Yesterday the ladyfriend and I took a trip out to the woods, as people in Washington do. She's not from 'round here, and had never been camping, so I thought it would be fun to show her what's up out there, rather than just straight up take her out and find out she hates it and doesn't want to be more than 20 feet away from a real toilet.

We drove to a place called Suntop Lookout, which as the name suggests, is a lookout. Lookout for fires, or Japanese bombers, Bigfeets, stuff like that.

Bigfeets, see?

In this one, and I think the next one, if you look reeeeaaaaal close, you can see a teeny tiny Cessna flying up that valley.

Mountain moo monster!

That same mountain moo monster.

Coming back down.

Still coming down.

The White River as we head out.

Also seen, but not photographed, a pair of girls doing Instagram shit up there, but at least they actually made the effort to get up on top of that mountain and were wandering around looking at stuff. Also, one of them was missing a hand.

Some lady with her DSLR in a weird camera baby bjorn going on about how she's a "Journey Hiker" while the dude she was with was a "Destination Hiker." Shut up, it's quiet up here! It's peaceful! You don't have to talk so loud!

A vault toilet, which my girlfriend used, and did not find the experience to be that bad.

A 5-gallon bucket abandoned in a campsite. Don't open that, Ashley. Don't ever open buckets you find in the woods.

Boobs in the trees! There was a pair of rubber tits attached to a tree outside another campsite. They were having a bachelorette party.

A guy who looked like Macklemore leaving that bachelorette party.

The look of terror on Ashley's face when we had to pass another vehicle going up that dirt road, with nothing but a dropoff on her side. Sure we're 5,000 feet up, but the trees 500 feet below us will catch us, so relaaaaaaaax!

48 seconds after telling her dusk is when the elk come out, so keep an eye on the shoulders, an elk darted out in front of us.

On the way up, some assclown with a bullhorn screaming about Jesus in Enumclaw. We couldn't hear what he was saying because we're going 45, 410 is a highway, you dumbass. He really needs to remember Ezekiel 23:20 in that situation.

quote:
Originally posted by Will938:
If you don't become a screen writer for comedy movies, then you're an asshole.

Posts: 16995 | Location: Washington State | Registered: April 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
Beautiful photos, AG! Thanks for sharing.

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38599 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nothing can be Something
Picture of greybeard9
posted Hide Post
Gorgeous country and photos. You know how to impress the ladies. Smile

"In the age of madness, to expect to be untouched by madness is a form of madness." - Saul Bellow

Posts: 1063 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 20, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Joy Maker
Picture of airsoft guy
posted Hide Post

Also, there was this on the way up. Welcome to Buckley, where part of Chris Farley's magnum opus, Black Sheep, was set, as well as predicting the election of Christine Gregoire as our governor. The difference is Gary Busey didn't show up to stop it, and of course the evil bitch was a Republican in the movie.

quote:

Posts: 16995 | Location: Washington State | Registered: April 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bone 4 Tuna
Picture of jjkroll32
posted Hide Post
Fantastic journey

NRA Life Member

Long Live the Super Thirty-Eight

Posts: 11143 | Location: Mid-Michigan | Registered: October 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Joy Maker
Picture of airsoft guy
posted Hide Post
Additional images by the ladyfriend.

It's a Bigfeets! Scampering around the mountain! Majestic!

quote:

Told cops where to go for over 29 years…
Picture of 911Boss
posted Hide Post
Thank you for not getting lost and calling 911

What part of "...Shall not be infringed" don't you understand???

Posts: 10917 | Location: Western WA state for just a few more years... | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Joy Maker
Picture of airsoft guy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 911Boss:
Thank you for not getting lost and calling 911

Well, other than on top of the mountain there was no cell reception. I did tell my parents where abouts we were going and what time we would be back, so if they didn't hear from me by morning, call the sheriff.

quote:

Each post crafted from
rich Corinthian leather
Picture of TheFrontRange
posted Hide Post
Beautiful pictures and great narration - thank you for posting this.

"The sea was angry that day, my friends - like an old man trying to send back soup in a deli." - George Costanza

Posts: 6687 | Registered: September 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
Es pritti.

Posts: 26852 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Expert308
posted Hide Post
quote:
In this one, and I think the next one, if you look reeeeaaaaal close, you can see a teeny tiny Cessna flying up that valley.

Sure it wasn't one of them Japanese bombers?

Posts: 7244 | Location: Idaho | Registered: February 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post