SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Gallery    Like Pictures of Classic American Tractors?

Moderators: LDD
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Like Pictures of Classic American Tractors? Login/Join 
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted
My sister-in-law was a Nebraska farm girl (she's still a Nebraska girl, just doesn't live on the farm any longer). Her dad collects and restores tractors, and has three barns full of them. One barn has projects, one has tractors that are mechanically restored, but not parade ready, and the last barn has tractors that are restored, painted and polished. These pictures are from the last barn.

He kind of specializes in Massey Harris, but as you can see he has tractors from most of the American manufacturers.

This one is from the second barn, not completely done cosmetically, but perfect running order. I just like “M”s

This is her dad's current favorite for tractor parades. It's a M-F 35 Deluxe. He likes it because it's usually the fastest tractor out there. He said it will easily run up to 28 mph. He used to race snowmobiles.

This one is pretty special. I promise you, there are a whole lot of farm kids who have never heard of a Sheppard. It's his most recent restoration.

This was my favorite, a Triple 5 MH. Really cool tractor. I think he has the entire number series of Massey Harris tractors. I'd have probably smiled if I knew my brother was going to take a picture.

He also has four our five completely restored tractors in one of the exhibition buildings at the fair grounds. One is a beautifully restored Allis Chalmers WC; I've always had a soft spot for ACs, and he's got a WD that he'll be starting on soon.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: TMats,

When you’re sad, you understand the lyrics.
- George Jones

Posts: 9072 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post

I used to attend the tractor pulls at the Montgomery County (MD) fair. In addition to the (heavily) modified class, they also had super stock, stock, and classic. Loved to see the old ones, and they pulled the sled very well. Nice pics, Tom.

all your sig are belong to us

Posts: 9041 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
I like it. I grew up working on dairy and pig farms in MI. Everybody had John Deere but I had a soft spot for Farmall an International. I think my favorite was an orange Allis-Chalmers similar to this one

https://www.mecum.com/lots/GF1...-allis-chalmers-220/

“I owe my success to having listened respectfully to the very best advice, and then going away and doing the exact opposite.”

Posts: 1994 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
Glad a couple of you like them anyway. Those of us who frequent this Forum have a lot in common. Sometimes, I’m surprised at those interests we don’t share. Obviously, we’re a largely urban community.

When you’re sad, you understand the lyrics.
- George Jones

Posts: 9072 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I love that old JD. Thanks for posting the pics!

————————————-
Those who can, do. Those who can’t, manage.

Posts: 1437 | Location: Northeast Georgia | Registered: November 18, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
Awesome! My son and I were out working with our tractor pretty much all day today, he will love these pics when I show him. Our tractor is not vintage, it's a Kubota Smile

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 28327 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
Found some pics of a few 'vintage' working tractors we have seen at friend's farms. These are definitely not for show, they still work pretty much every day!

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 28327 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post