SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Gallery    Cartridge Picture Thread
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Cartridge Picture Thread Login/Join 
Mistake Not...
Picture of Loswsmith
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Z06:
Thanks. It is been on the wall in my office ever since she gave it to me.

M1 ABRAMS 105mm CANNON M735 PENETRATOR ROD/DART - LEFT • .243 Varmint - RIGHT

One is for prairie dogs the other is for tanks.

And you DO NOT want to mix those up. Man, was that a bad day.

Mistake not my current state of joshing gentle peevishness for the awesome and terrible majesty of the towering seas of ire that are themselves the milquetoast shallows fringing my vast oceans of wrath.

Velocitas Incursio Vis - Gandhi

Posts: 1947 | Location: T-town in the 253 | Registered: January 16, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
A better picture of defective/damaged cartridges I have encountered. The undamaged 357 SIG cartridge on the far left end is included for comparison with the next two to its right in the photo.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47365 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Wins
Picture of Micropterus
posted Hide Post
My .30-30 WCF commemorative case. It appears to be nickel plated and belonged to my great grandfather who hunted with a Marlin made in 1909. This case may date from the release of the .30-30 in 1899.

Posts: 4285 | Location: In The Swamp | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
I'm shocked that most of my pics in that other thread don't work. I might have assumed it was long dead and dumped them from the host.

I don't have a cartridge collection, just an accumulation. You can see some of it in the backgrounds below.

5.56 "sim" rounds..

9mm

Practice chalk round and less lethal crowd control 40mm

This message has been edited. Last edited by: cas,

Posts: 21052 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Each post crafted from
rich Corinthian leather
Picture of TheFrontRange
posted Hide Post
One of my favorites, .45 ACP, shown in moon-clips in this shot.

"The sea was angry that day, my friends - like an old man trying to send back soup in a deli." - George Costanza

Posts: 6687 | Registered: September 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Busier than a cat covering
crap on a marble floor
Picture of Z06
posted Hide Post

Posts: 3998 | Location: AZ | Registered: July 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
I shoot a lot of .45 acp, but have yet to shoot these.

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36834 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
crap on a marble floor
Picture of Z06
posted Hide Post

PMC .38 SPECIAL +P UltraMagnum
66 gr. TUBULAR COPPER PROJECTILE

Posts: 3998 | Location: AZ | Registered: July 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of FALna45
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bendable:
W.t.h.? Where did they all go?
Someone has some splaining to do

Images are frequently lost from web forum threads.

In the earlier days the usual was to attach your image directly to the board's servers, which would be wiped out from time to time by technical or administrative causes. Due to the volume / weight of such attachments nowadays it would be ridiculous to try to host that load for everyone for free.

Enter third-party file hosting facilities.

If you look up one of the "how to post images" threads you'll see various places like dropbox, flickr or imagewhatever that pop up from time to time and allow you to upload your photos on their servers. You then get a URL to point a forum post like this to, and the image is retrieved and displayed from that server. Many times integrated with a bit of advertising for said third party.

Some of these fail too. If you have your own domain space or use one of the paid options you're guaranteed a bit more stability.

While i'm here i'll add a bit of an oddity;

.378/50 with .50BMG and an '06 just for looks

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
yeah, i can teach you how to read the book of life...
or you can just look at the pictures if you like

Posts: 235 | Location: SE MI | Registered: February 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Got a few of these left.

Posts: 9112 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
crap on a marble floor
Picture of Z06
posted Hide Post

Truth Wins
Picture of Micropterus
posted Hide Post
For the 12,000 yard woodchuck shot.

Posts: 4285 | Location: In The Swamp | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I picked up this sample pack of Blazer ammo in 1981 at NRA revolver championship in Des Moines, Iowa

Posts: 134 | Location: HENDERSON, NEVADA | Registered: December 05, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wingspar
posted Hide Post
Not all my rifle ammo below. I was just trying to be artsy fartsy.

Below is a 7.62x54R bullet that I recovered next to an unfired round.

---------------
Gary
Will Fly for Food... and more Ammo
Mosquito Lubrication Video

If Guns Cause Crime, Mine Are Defective.... Ted Nugent

Posts: 2505 | Location: Oregon | Registered: January 15, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Wins
Picture of Micropterus
posted Hide Post
I forgot I still had these. I've had them for many, many years.

"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
I'll throw some old shit at the wall.

500 Linebaugh, .512" 465gr SWC next to a 9mm

.40-65 and .50-90 with 90, 110 & 120 grains of powder.

Posts: 21052 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Wins
Picture of Micropterus
posted Hide Post
Here's one that not many people know about. A terribly underknown and underrated caliber. In this current ammo shortage, it's still possible to find ammo for these lesser known calibers. I was able to pick up a couple of case for a very reasonable price. I won't run out again for many years.

.35 Remington versus .358 Winchester

.35 Remington
200 Grains
Muzzle Velocity - 2080 fps
Muzzle Energy - 1921 ft. lbs

.358 Winchester
200 Grains
Muzzle Velocity - 2490 fps
Muzzle Energy - 2753 ft. lbs

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Micropterus,

The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigfreund:
A better picture of defective/damaged cartridges I have encountered. The undamaged 357 SIG cartridge on the far left end is included for comparison with the next two to its right in the photo.

Damn - that looks looks like some of my handloads

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

Only in an insane world are the sane considered insane.

The memories of a man in his old age
Are the deeds of a man in his prime

Posts: 14020 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Wins
Picture of Micropterus
posted Hide Post
Soft points are so good, they start to mushroom before you even fire them.

Truth Wins
Picture of Micropterus
posted Hide Post

.500 S&W Magnum, .50 Action Express, .454 Casull

My son and my .50 AE Desert Eagle