SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Gallery    Cartridge Picture Thread
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Cartridge Picture Thread Login/Join 
Truth Wins
Picture of Micropterus
posted
I don't think we've done this before, at least as far I can remember:

If you want, post a pic of the cartridges you shoot. Or your favorite cartridge. Factory or handload. Even post up your handloading table. No guns, though. Just that stuff that goes through them.

Here's my rifle cartridges. All mine are pretty run of the mill.

L to R: .223, 6.5x55 Swedish, .270 Win, .30-30 Win, .308 Win, .30-06 Sprg, .35 Rem, .358 Win, .44 Rem Mag, .45-70 Gov't. Forgot the .22 LR.

And my handgun cartridges:

L to R: .45 ACP, .44 Rem Mag, 10mm, .357 Rem Mag, .38 Spcl, .38 Super, 9mm, .22 Rimfire

I'll glad to be back in the .270 and .38 Super game.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Micropterus,

Posts: 4285 | Location: In The Swamp | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Micropterus:
Even post up your handloading table. No guns, though.

I load for 45ACP, 9mm, 400 Cor-Bon, 38 Special, 357 Magnum, 223/5.56mm, 243, 7mmBR, and 308/7.62mm

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16146 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
quote:
.357 Rem Mag

357 S&W Magnum—? Wink

Ammo with problems:

Some early stuff:

Bullets and sabots: 308 Win Accelerator and .358 bullet in 44 Magnum case (handload).

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47365 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Wins
Picture of Micropterus
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigfreund:
quote:
.357 Rem Mag

357 S&W Magnum—? Wink

I'm getting old and senile. I pulled it out of a Remington box.

quote:

Ammo with problems:

What's the story with these? Is that factory ammo?

I remember the Accelerator rounds. I had some in .30-06 and .30-30. I never had a use for them other than to just have some and I shot them up and never bought any more. Like the early PMC Ultramag .38 Special rounds I had that are collector rounds today. I just shot those up. Frown Now there are no more to be had.

Posts: 4285 | Location: In The Swamp | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...430011934#9430011934

B.t.d.t.

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54500 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Wins
Picture of Micropterus
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bendable:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...430011934#9430011934

B.t.d.t.

Fair enough, but most of those pictures are gone. And now you have a fresh .45-70 next to a .35 Remington picture. Smile

posted Hide Post
W.t.h.?

Where did they all go ?

How does that work?
Do people come back and prune them ?

Someone has some splaining to do

Those were great pic's

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54500 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Wins
Picture of Micropterus
posted Hide Post
This one was great:

Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
quote:
What's the story with these? Is that factory ammo?

All factory ammo except for the 45 ACP on the far left that was a commercially reloaded round.

Left to right:
45 ACP, bulged case (not too unusual)
40 S&W Blazer aluminum, no extractor groove
357 SIG (x2) Winchester Ranger SXT, deformed cases
9mm Luger Blazer aluminum, deformed bullet

I should redo that photo which appears somewhat out of focus.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47365 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
quote:
This one was great:

I tried some of those reverse bottleneck rounds - not so good.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53117 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
-6BRA Berger 105 HVLD

practice 55gr and Hornady 75BTHP, HD Sierra 77TMK

-9mm
practice 124JHP Precision Delta loaded at +P pressure,
HD Speer 124GD+P

That's it!

Posts: 3197 | Location: 9860 ft above sea level Colorado | Registered: December 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
One for the cartridge experts. Found in the Leadville, Colorado, area.

6.4/93.6

— Plato

Truth Wins
Picture of Micropterus
posted Hide Post
30 US and it's rimmed, so I am guessing a.30-40 Krag.

Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
quote:
30 US and it's rimmed, so I am guessing a.30-40 Krag.

Agreed. Almost certainly 30-40 Krag, aka 30 US.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53117 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:
Agreed. Almost certainly 30-40 Krag, aka 30 US.

Yes. I found some photos of exactly the same headstamp.

6.4/93.6

— Plato

Truth Wins
Picture of Micropterus
posted Hide Post
Here's one, the biggest live round I ever owned. It's off the Liberty Ship John Morgan, sunk in 90 feet of water off Virginia Beach in 1943. It was loaded with lend Lease materials. This is a 37mm M17 anti-tank round. It came up with a very corroded solid (I think) warhead that had to be removed. The powder was just mush. Nevertheless, it's still got a live, but likely very inert, primer. This is well after I cleaned all the sea-crust off of it. Next to a .30-06 round.

Busier than a cat covering
crap on a marble floor
Picture of Z06
posted Hide Post
A Valentine 'card' my wife made for me two years ago.

Posts: 3997 | Location: AZ | Registered: July 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Wins
Picture of Micropterus
posted Hide Post
Now THAT is cool right there. Thanks for posting that.

Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
A couple of more foundlings.

All I can make out on this headstamp are 6 on the left and 84 on the right.

And a couple more not too common. (No guns, just the cartridges).

Wildcat cartridge: .14 caliber bullet in necked-down 7.65mm case. (124 grain Gold Dot 9mm Luger for comparison.)

6.4/93.6

— Plato

Busier than a cat covering
crap on a marble floor
Picture of Z06
posted Hide Post
Thanks. It is been on the wall in my office ever since she gave it to me.

M1 ABRAMS 105mm CANNON M735 PENETRATOR ROD/DART - LEFT • .243 Varmint - RIGHT

One is for prairie dogs the other is for tanks.

Posts: 3997 | Location: AZ | Registered: July 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post