SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Gallery    Bucks in velvet

Moderators: LDD
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Bucks in velvet Login/Join 
Picture of JWF
posted
Put out my trailcam last month after noticing some deer activity. Cam is overlooking the back yard and a corn pile. The deer on the right is 12 points. I have also seen 10, 8, 6 and a 4 point forkie out there. Beautiful animals. Disregard time stamp, I forgot to reset after changing batteries, picture was taken on 17 July.

Just another day in paradise.

NRA
Georgia Carry

Posts: 1123 | Location: NW GA | Registered: September 08, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
We've got a young buck visiting our property with 2-3 females. He rubs his 'velvet' on our immature trees. Is the velvet annoying?

We've lost several planted trees to the damage.

Posts: 9318 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer. | Registered: January 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JWF
posted Hide Post
As it dries and starts combing loose from the antler, it itches. I have not seen any rubs this year but have seen them scratching the antler with the hind foot.

NRA
Georgia Carry

Posts: 1123 | Location: NW GA | Registered: September 08, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What a cool photograph! Frame it, hang it up!

Posts: 196 | Registered: June 03, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JWF
posted Hide Post
Thanks Turning_gal, that is exactly what my wife said.

NRA
Georgia Carry

Picture of JWF
posted Hide Post
Not uncommon to have a small herd in the yard.

NRA
Georgia Carry