SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Gallery    Bucks in velvet
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Bucks in velvet Login/Join 
No place to go and
all day to get there
Picture of JWF
posted
Put out my trailcam last month after noticing some deer activity. Cam is overlooking the back yard and a corn pile. The deer on the right is 12 points. I have also seen 10, 8, 6 and a 4 point forkie out there. Beautiful animals. Disregard time stamp, I forgot to reset after changing batteries, picture was taken on 17 July.

Just another day in paradise.

NRA
Georgia Carry

Posts: 1324 | Location: NW GA | Registered: September 08, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
We've got a young buck visiting our property with 2-3 females. He rubs his 'velvet' on our immature trees. Is the velvet annoying?

We've lost several planted trees to the damage.

Posts: 11194 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer. | Registered: January 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No place to go and
all day to get there
Picture of JWF
posted Hide Post
As it dries and starts combing loose from the antler, it itches. I have not seen any rubs this year but have seen them scratching the antler with the hind foot.

NRA
Georgia Carry

Posts: 1324 | Location: NW GA | Registered: September 08, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What a cool photograph! Frame it, hang it up!

Posts: 266 | Registered: June 03, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No place to go and
all day to get there
Picture of JWF
posted Hide Post
Thanks Turning_gal, that is exactly what my wife said.

NRA
Georgia Carry

No place to go and
all day to get there
Picture of JWF
posted Hide Post
Not uncommon to have a small herd in the yard.

NRA
Georgia Carry