SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Gallery    Ed Brown Executive Elite 1911
Page 1 2 

Moderators: LDD
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Reply
  
Ed Brown Executive Elite 1911 Login/Join 
Each post crafted from
rich Corinthian leather
Picture of TheFrontRange
posted
Sharing a quick shot of a new-to-me Ed Brown, an Executive Elite in black (I’m told it’s Brown’s 3rd-gen finish), posed with some IWB carry-leather (Bruce Nelson Combat Leather Summer Special holster and Milt Sparks IPD magazine pouch).

This one’s almost ready to be carried; one more range outing should be all it needs before it enters my 1911 lineup.




"The sea was angry that day, my friends - like an old man trying to send back soup in a deli." - George Costanza
 
Posts: 5744 | Registered: September 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
Sweet!

I recently became something of a 1911 aficionado, myself. Now up to my 3rd. Nothing of that caliber, though. A bit too rich for my blood Wink




"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
The dominant media is no more "mainstream" than leftists are liberals.
 
Posts: 17641 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Each post crafted from
rich Corinthian leather
Picture of TheFrontRange
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:
Sweet!

I recently became something of a 1911 aficionado, myself. Now up to my 3rd. Nothing of that caliber, though. A bit too rich for my blood Wink



Thank you and, indeed, 1911s are addicting - but, of course, aren’t just about all guns? Haha...

I was pleased to find this one with a nice sale price on another forum; I’ve been leery of full-price EBs and the like myself!



"The sea was angry that day, my friends - like an old man trying to send back soup in a deli." - George Costanza
 
Posts: 5744 | Registered: September 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
Beautiful Ed Brown 1911.

Please share a range report.

thanks


Niech Zyje P-220

Steve
 
Posts: 35486 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
Picture of just1tym
posted Hide Post
Stunning 1911, Ed Brown makes a fine 1911 and that Sir is no exception, enjoy.


Regards, Will G.
 
Posts: 8699 | Location: 140 mi to Margaritaville, FL | Registered: January 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TheFrontRange:
Sharing a quick shot of a new-to-me Ed Brown, an Executive Elite in black.


Does it have a gold dot front sight?


"Ultima Ratio Regum"
Life Member NRA
Member Washington Arms Collectors
The designer of the gun had clearly not been instructed to beat about the bush. 'Make it evil,' he'd been told. 'Make it totally clear that this gun has a right end and a wrong end. Make it totally clear to anyone standing at the wrong end that things are going badly for them. If that means sticking all sort of spikes and prongs and blackened bits all over it then so be it. This is not a gun for hanging over the fireplace or sticking in the umbrella stand, it is a gun for going out and making people miserable with.'
 
Posts: 877 | Location: T-town in the 253 | Registered: January 16, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Each post crafted from
rich Corinthian leather
Picture of TheFrontRange
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P-220:
Beautiful Ed Brown 1911.

Please share a range report.

thanks



Thank you and will-do!
 
Posts: 5744 | Registered: September 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Each post crafted from
rich Corinthian leather
Picture of TheFrontRange
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by just1tym:
Stunning 1911, Ed Brown makes a fine 1911 and that Sir is no exception, enjoy.


Thank you!
 
Posts: 5744 | Registered: September 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Each post crafted from
rich Corinthian leather
Picture of TheFrontRange
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Loswsmith:
quote:
Originally posted by TheFrontRange:
Sharing a quick shot of a new-to-me Ed Brown, an Executive Elite in black.


Does it have a gold dot front sight?


It does, and a wide-notch 10-8 rear sight. I’m liking this combo so far.
 
Posts: 5744 | Registered: September 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tupperware Dr.
Picture of GCE61
posted Hide Post
Very nice, congrats. That’s old school cool !
Looking forward to a range report also, and more pics of course.
 
Posts: 3132 | Registered: December 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Each post crafted from
rich Corinthian leather
Picture of TheFrontRange
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GCE61:
Very nice, congrats. That’s old school cool !
Looking forward to a range report also, and more pics of course.


Thank you!



"The sea was angry that day, my friends - like an old man trying to send back soup in a deli." - George Costanza
 
Posts: 5744 | Registered: September 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
Very nice.

I carried a Kobra Carry for years. They make a fine pistol.
 
Posts: 23791 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Each post crafted from
rich Corinthian leather
Picture of TheFrontRange
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 46and2:
Very nice.

I carried a Kobra Carry for years. They make a fine pistol.


Thank you!

The KC must be one of their most popular guns if not THE most popular - I’ve never read / heard a complaint about them.



"The sea was angry that day, my friends - like an old man trying to send back soup in a deli." - George Costanza
 
Posts: 5744 | Registered: September 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TheFrontRange:
quote:
Originally posted by Loswsmith:
quote:
Originally posted by TheFrontRange:
Sharing a quick shot of a new-to-me Ed Brown, an Executive Elite in black.


Does it have a gold dot front sight?


It does, and a wide-notch 10-8 rear sight. I’m liking this combo so far.


Sigh. I think that I'll have to go down that route for my DW 9mm 1911. Eventually.


"Ultima Ratio Regum"
Life Member NRA
Member Washington Arms Collectors
The designer of the gun had clearly not been instructed to beat about the bush. 'Make it evil,' he'd been told. 'Make it totally clear that this gun has a right end and a wrong end. Make it totally clear to anyone standing at the wrong end that things are going badly for them. If that means sticking all sort of spikes and prongs and blackened bits all over it then so be it. This is not a gun for hanging over the fireplace or sticking in the umbrella stand, it is a gun for going out and making people miserable with.'
 
Posts: 877 | Location: T-town in the 253 | Registered: January 16, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
Picture of just1tym
posted Hide Post
I had this KC customized and had them install fiber up front with a blacked out rear. I also have a Wilson that has the gold bead up front w/blacked out rear, and found it was excellent during the day and helped with aging eyes. For my older eyes I gave a slight nod to the fiber optics as it worked just a tad better in lower light conditions. Many that carry their 1911's preferred the sights like gold bead as they may hold up better in the long run being holstered a lot. Mine were just carried in pistol pouches and mainly for target recreation and home use if ever needed. The gold bead is a fine sight.

***NOTE*** In the photo you'll see a small black gasket I usually install for any dry fire use as it buffer's the firing pin, probably a bit excessive but I got this tip online and decided to go with it Smile



Regards, Will G.
 
Posts: 8699 | Location: 140 mi to Margaritaville, FL | Registered: January 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
Picture of SIGfourme
posted Hide Post
Very nice Ed Brown--I do like 1911's.
Is the holster commander length???
 
Posts: 1562 | Location: Southeast CT | Registered: January 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Each post crafted from
rich Corinthian leather
Picture of TheFrontRange
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SIGfourme:
Very nice Ed Brown--I do like 1911's.
Is the holster commander length???


Thank you. The holster is sized for a five-incher. It does look too short in that shot for some reason haha.



"The sea was angry that day, my friends - like an old man trying to send back soup in a deli." - George Costanza
 
Posts: 5744 | Registered: September 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Each post crafted from
rich Corinthian leather
Picture of TheFrontRange
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by just1tym:
I had this KC customized and had them install fiber up front with a blacked out rear. I also have a Wilson that has the gold bead up front w/blacked out rear, and found it was excellent during the day and helped with aging eyes. For my older eyes I gave a slight nod to the fiber optics as it worked just a tad better in lower light conditions. Many that carry their 1911's preferred the sights like gold bead as they may hold up better in the long run being holstered a lot. Mine were just carried in pistol pouches and mainly for target recreation and home use if ever needed. The gold bead is a fine sight.

***NOTE*** In the photo you'll see a small black gasket I usually install for any dry fire use as it buffer's the firing pin, probably a bit excessive but I got this tip online and decided to go with it Smile


I like it!



"The sea was angry that day, my friends - like an old man trying to send back soup in a deli." - George Costanza
 
Posts: 5744 | Registered: September 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
Picture of just1tym
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TheFrontRange:
quote:
Originally posted by just1tym:
I had this KC customized and had them install fiber up front with a blacked out rear. I also have a Wilson that has the gold bead up front w/blacked out rear, and found it was excellent during the day and helped with aging eyes. For my older eyes I gave a slight nod to the fiber optics as it worked just a tad better in lower light conditions. Many that carry their 1911's preferred the sights like gold bead as they may hold up better in the long run being holstered a lot. Mine were just carried in pistol pouches and mainly for target recreation and home use if ever needed. The gold bead is a fine sight.


I like it!


Thanks. I found this snap of my Wilson with the gold bead up front. No question, the gold bead is an excellent choice for visibility. Fiber optics are a great choice but as far as durability in the long run, the gold bead makes a little more sense.

Ed Brown makes an amazing 1911. My last one I ordered from Gunslingers was a Special Forces II. They build great pistols. I know you'll enjoy many good years of enjoyment with yours...she's a beauty!



Regards, Will G.
 
Posts: 8699 | Location: 140 mi to Margaritaville, FL | Registered: January 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
Picture of ogive40
posted Hide Post
Nice EE. It was that one or the Kobra (that I bought) back in 2005. The most accurate of my 1911's and other guns.

Seems to shoot very soft.


__________________________
NRA Member

"The final weapon is the brain, all else is supplemental."
John Steinbeck
 
Posts: 2215 | Location: NJ | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
  Powered by Social Strata Page 1 2  
 

SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Gallery    Ed Brown Executive Elite 1911

© SIGforum 2020