SIGforum
Brand New Gulfstream G600

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/9666031561/m/7410067654

May 15, 2019, 08:37 PM
ChicagoSigMan
Brand New Gulfstream G600
We get a lot of very nice private jets at the executive airport here, but this guy caught my eye.

A $60 million Gulfstream G600 - so new it hasn't even gotten a coat of paint yet. I wonder if it was in town for a private showing to a potential buyer? The registration number shows that it is still owned by Gulfstream and was one of the original test planes for the G600 model, so it has been in this original green state for 2 years. Perhaps all testing is complete and they are selling it now?

The wingspan on this plane was enormous - a very impressive looking plane.

May 15, 2019, 09:00 PM
P250UA5
Nice catch, could buy 2 Citation X for that price.

The Enemy's gate is down.
May 16, 2019, 05:35 AM
r0gue
WOAH! Those engines are HUGE in proportion. That sucker will climb!

May 16, 2019, 07:55 AM
Lt CHEG
quote:
Originally posted by r0gue:
WOAH! Those engines are HUGE in proportion. That sucker will climb!

I looked on their website last night after seeing this thread and boy are you right. I think the flight ceiling was over 51,000 feet and the cruise speed was like 0.90 Mach. What a plane. Maybe I’ll hit one of those $750 million lottery jackpots some day lol.

“It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat.”
May 16, 2019, 11:51 AM
jhe888
I just can't decide on a paint scheme.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.
May 16, 2019, 02:25 PM
coloradohunter44
Whoever buys it, send me to school and I’ll fly it for you!

"Someday I hope to be half the man my bird-dog thinks I am."

FBLM LGB!
May 16, 2019, 07:06 PM
jjkroll32
The green is screaming for the P40 "Flying Tigers" nose art with the jaws & teeth

Cool

NRA Life Member

Long Live the Super Thirty-Eight
May 16, 2019, 07:56 PM
CQB60
The G600 has a long-range cruise speed of Mach 0.85, the ability to fly an unrivaled 5,500 nautical miles/10,186 kilometers at a high-speed cruise of Mach 0.90. Along with the Gulfstream G650ER, Gulfstream G650 and the all-new Gulfstream G500, the G600 shares a maximum operating speed of Mach 0.925.

Why does that matter? Over a typical year, frequent flyers will save more than 50 hours of travel time flying in the G600 versus other aircraft on the market. With a 19-passenger cabin, that amounts to hundreds of hours better dedicated to work or family and friends.

Efficiency is another Gulfstream hallmark. With its advanced wing design and Pratt & Whitney Canada engines, the G600 is as much as 23 percent more efficient than other aircraft in its class. The Pratt & Whitney engines are designed to operate 10,000 hours between overhauls and feature greatly reduced noise levels and emissions. These advances lower operating costs and ensure the aircraft will outperform environmental standards

May 16, 2019, 11:07 PM
Jager
The 500 hit EIS and the 600 is out, with some things still being worked (nothing major).

But you haven't seen anything yet. Wink
May 17, 2019, 09:56 AM
just1tym
First thing I thought about being Gulfstream and in Florida..Rush Limbaugh, though if I remember he has a 550 maybe?? Don't remember.

Regards, Will G.
May 17, 2019, 01:39 PM
Sigmund
quote:
Originally posted by just1tym:
First thing I thought about being Gulfstream and in Florida..Rush Limbaugh, though if I remember he has a 550 maybe?? Don't remember.

This six year old article says 550:

https://www.luxuryaircraftsolu...50-form-vs-function/

Further searching says it's N1EB, built in 2008:

https://registry.faa.gov/aircr...mber&nNumberTxt=N1EB
May 17, 2019, 03:09 PM
TMats
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:
I just can't decide on a paint scheme.

When I get mine I think I’ll paint it in a gloss black with gold accents, like the old John Player Special or the new Haas Racing F1 cars. It’ll look nice.

May 17, 2019, 07:10 PM
walkinghorse
I think I would like a WW II British camo scheme, like on the Spitfire or Mosquito, but with pre-WW II US rondels of a white star in a circle of blue on the tail and wings. Then a tipped red ball cap with MAGA nose art! Of course a definitive dream, but my dream!

Jim
May 18, 2019, 06:37 AM
V-Tail
quote:
Originally posted by coloradohunter44:
Two pilots are required for that airplane.

I just checked my calendar and I’m available. Of course, we would have to negotiate salary and benefits.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים
May 20, 2019, 11:59 AM
P250UA5
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
quote:

I just checked my calendar and I’m available. Of course, we would have to negotiate salary and benefits.

I'll finish my schooling & take the 3rd in rotation.

The Enemy's gate is down.
May 20, 2019, 12:17 PM
Otto Pilot
Pay me enough and I'll bring your international experience.

That's a sexy plane.

Aeronautics confers beauty and grandeur, combining art and science for those who devote themselves to it. . . . The aeronaut, free in space, sailing in the infinite, loses himself in the immense undulations of nature. He climbs, he rises, he soars, he reigns, he hurtles the proud vault of the azure sky. — Georges Besançon
May 20, 2019, 01:23 PM
bendable
did you see that the singer drake just bought a 767 freighter and put a crap load in to pimping out the interior?

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first
May 20, 2019, 01:57 PM
Otto Pilot
quote:
Originally posted by bendable:
did you see that the singer drake just bought a 767 freighter and put a crap load in to pimping out the interior?
I wonder if he has really considered the maintenance demands of the older 767s. I fly them for a living, and even the "nice" ones need absolute constant care and attention.

It can be done, witness Mark Cuban's plane, but it is not cheap or easy. Now granted, you can't throw as big a party on the Gulfstreams and Challengers, but they can get you into places a bit more easily than a 76.

Aeronautics confers beauty and grandeur, combining art and science for those who devote themselves to it. . . . The aeronaut, free in space, sailing in the infinite, loses himself in the immense undulations of nature. He climbs, he rises, he soars, he reigns, he hurtles the proud vault of the azure sky. — Georges Besançon
May 20, 2019, 10:23 PM
coloradohunter44
quote:
Originally posted by Otto Pilot:
Pay me enough and I'll bring your international experience.

That's a sexy plane.

You get paid??

FBLM LGB!
May 20, 2019, 10:25 PM
coloradohunter44
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
quote:

Sounds like a plan. P250UA5 lets go!

FBLM LGB!