SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Gallery    The Greasy Old Mil-Surp Thread
Page 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Greasy Old Mil-Surp Thread Login/Join 
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
This link may well be the last news ever of Ellisons shop Rogue. You may recall the ads in Shotgun News from years back. While the shop was loaded with rifles from around the world, in the house is where the unique guns were kept as a collection. He built lighted racks right around the walls with mirror glass in the rear. He prized the specialty rifles for sniping from all nations. The more common specimens were stand stacked in every corner by the dozens. But the snipers had every attachment ever made with them. Guess he is gone now.

The property looked like a old mining or gravel type mine. Old heavy equipment off in the distance and, you were greeted by a couple dozen friendly dogs when you drive up in.

http://forums.gunboards.com/sh...on-s-Military-Rifles

Posts: 17890 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
A pair of British No. 4 Enfields, both of which also saw service in India after WW2.

Posts: 32411 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
I have a number of surplus guns, but few pictures of them.

A couple hunting pictures that look rather similar. lol Same pants, same shot, several years apart.

Posts: 21041 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ball Haulin'
Picture of entropy
posted Hide Post
Cool old school hunting pics. I'll add:

--------------------------------------
"There are things we know. There are things we dont know. Then there are the things we dont know that we dont know."

Posts: 10079 | Location: At the end of the gravel road. | Registered: November 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cas:
Same pants, same shot, several years apart.

On an intersting surplus note, that M1 was made in 1956, the Enfield in 1947, the pants in 1941.

Posts: 21041 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One day at a time
Picture of RANGER20
posted Hide Post

Makarov Bulgy NOS was thick with cosmoline when I got it. Came with everything a Bulgarian Col. would want.

Posts: 5499 | Registered: August 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cas: On an intersting surplus note, that M1 was made in 1956, the Enfield in 1947, the pants in 1941.

6 million S/N M1?

Posts: 920 | Location: Midwest | Registered: April 13, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
Nope, just fuzzy memory. '55 not '56.

Picture of jmarv
posted Hide Post
I haven't been keeping up with posting my additions. I've grown rather fond of bolt action carbines. From top to bottom: Enfield No. 5, Polish M44, and a Swedish M94 (missing a nose cap).

Joe
_______
P6, P226 .40, P232, SP2009 (Schwyz), P220 9mm (Geneva), P226 9mm (St. Gallen), P320SC

Posts: 465 | Location: NE Ohio | Registered: October 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of GarandGuy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jmarv:
I haven't been keeping up with posting my additions. I've grown rather fond of bolt action carbines. From top to bottom: Enfield No. 5, Polish M44, and a Swedish M94 (missing a nose cap).

Handsome looking family you've got there! Have you shoot the No.5?

-----------------------------------------------
What's the sense in working hard if you never get to play?

Posts: 1073 | Location: On the outskirts of Richmond | Registered: September 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jmarv
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GarandGuy:
Handsome looking family you've got there! Have you shoot the No.5?

Yes, but not many rounds through it yet. So far, just a 5 round group to see how it would group on paper at about 25 yds. It was fun to shoot! Thanks.

Joe
_______
P6, P226 .40, P232, SP2009 (Schwyz), P220 9mm (Geneva), P226 9mm (St. Gallen), P320SC

Posts: 465 | Location: NE Ohio | Registered: October 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 137 | Registered: April 06, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jmarv
posted Hide Post
Bear hunting with milsurp rifles, that is just too cool! Nice pics, Applejack.

Joe
_______

Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34072 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jmarv
posted Hide Post

Joe
_______

Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
I acquired a No. 5 Mk. 1 Enfield today. Make by BSA in 1946.

These were designed towards the end of WW2 as a lighter and handier carbine for use by airborne forces. Adopted and first produced in 1944, the No. 5 first saw use with the British 1st Airborne Division in May 1945, while taking part of "Operation Doomsday" to oversee the capitulation of German forces in Norway.

After WW2, they saw further use by British forces in Palestine and Egypt in the late 1940s through mid-1950s.

They saw their most notable use in Southeast Asia during the Malayan Emergency, with British Commonwealth troops fighting Communist guerrillas from 1948-1960 (a war that was quite similar to the French involvement in the Indochina War and the later US involvement in the Vietnam War).

In 1957, the No. 5 Enfield was removed from British military service, and many of the carbines were turned over to assist in arming the police and military forces of newly independent Southeast Asian nations that had formerly been under British control, including Malaysia and Singapore.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: RogueJSK,

Posts: 32411 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of NVFireFighter
posted Hide Post
K31 circa 1944

Not a true Mil Surp but my M1A/M14

Who's up for a road trip to Canada? I wanna buy a couple of SVT-40's for $310 ea. !! Holy cow...

********Mors Ab Alto********

Posts: 46 | Location: Chato's Land.....Nevada | Registered: March 23, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
I picked up a mid-1944 Winchester M1 Carbine (bottom) to go along with my late 1943 Inland (top):

Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
I sold one of my rough Indian-used mixmaster No. 4 Mk. 1s, and used the funds to purchase this nearly immaculate, all-matching 1942 Maltby No. 4 Mk. 1:

I also picked up a Yugoslavian M59/66A1 SKS:

Picture of Angel King
posted Hide Post
Great thread.

An eagle does not capture flies.

Posts: 1080 | Location: Between heaven and hell | Registered: March 24, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post