SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Gallery    The Greasy Old Mil-Surp Thread
Page 1 ... 8 9 10 11
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Greasy Old Mil-Surp Thread Login/Join 
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Spent the morning updating my insurance records and re-oiling my collection. Took some more photos along the way of some additional rifles in my collection.

Mosin-Nagant Rifles:
1892 Izhevsk M91
1915 Izhevsk M91
1895 Izhevsk M91/30
1926 Tula M91/30
1942/52 MO Dual Date Izhevsk M91/30

Mosin-Nagant Carbines:
1943 Izhevsk M38
1945 Izhevsk M44
1945 Izhevsk M44
1955 Polish Wz. 48 (single shot .22 trainer)

Finnish Mosin-Nagants:
1942 Sako M39
1941 VKT M39

Indian 7.62 Enfields:
1965 Ishapore 2A
1967 Ishapore 2A1

1941 Swiss K31:

SKSs:
Yugoslavian M56/66A1
Norinco (technically not a milsurp)

This message has been edited. Last edited by: RogueJSK,

Posts: 32428 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
RogueJSK - between your two SKS rifles, do you find you have a preference for one over the other?

Posts: 4976 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
I like the fit and finish of the Yugo better. And it has nicer wood that's a bit thicker and more comfortable to grasp.

But it's also longer and noticeably front-heavy, thanks to the grenade launcher, flip-up launcher sight, and adjustable gas mechanism. So I prefer the weight and balance of the standard SKS.

Posts: 32428 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks Rogue - How about recoil between the two? Obviously the Yugo will be less than the standard because of its weight and recoil pad, but is shooting the standard SKS unenjoyable after a magazine or is it an all day shooter (shoot all day without starting to flinch from recoil)?

Posts: 4976 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
All day. Not much recoil at all. Slightly more than 5.56 in an AR15.

posted Hide Post
Thanks!

Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Picked this one up the weekend before Christmas. A 1942 VKT M39.

Picture of Newf
posted Hide Post
Beautiful collection RogueJSK!!!

Posts: 920 | Location: Canada | Registered: June 05, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Avoiding
slam fires
Picture of 45 Cal
posted Hide Post
That collection makes my shoulder twitch.
The story;A few years back,Widners had them for $79 each I bought three,and three ammo cans and headed to deer camp range.
I was able to shoot one 17 times,threw the damn things back in the truck and came home.
Gave two away,stuck one in the closet.
That day I discovered I am at a tender old age.

Posts: 22407 | Location: Georgia | Registered: February 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Protect Your Nuts
posted Hide Post
Well, it's been about 5 years since I added anything here and my photography skills still suck. I also haven't added all that much, mainly because most of the stuff on my "buy" list is difficult to find anymore, and usually going for prices I don't want to pay. At this point I pretty much only pick up vet bring-backs that are unaltered and all matching, or at least "correct" examples with forced matched electro pencils, etc. IE- the may be correct category.

I did add a couple nice pieces over the years:

A nice TULA SVT-40:

An awesome all matching G41 DUV 43:

And I found one of it's mid year block BLM mates that I didn't really plan on keeping as I already have a nice example, but the bluing on the site hood matches the rifle so damn well that I'm possibly delusional in thinking that it might actually have been left on the rifle. The sling and frog (not shown) are also absolutely beautiful and I didn't want to mess with them to take it off (would have kept the sling if I sold it). Also, yes- I'm aware I have issues.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Whisp,

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"deserves" ain't got nothin to do with it.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Posts: 2695 | Location: VA, mostly | Registered: June 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
That G41 is amazing. Great find.

posted Hide Post
Was at the range today doing some load development. The one on the right is my VKT 1941 Finnish M39. This thing shoots lights out!!! The Finns know what they are doing when is came to these rifles barrels. It is “D” stamped so it has the enlarged throat to accept the wider Soviet dirty commie bullets.

The left one is my Turk M88/05/35. Started out life as a German 88 Commission rifle then worked over by the Turks a couple times. This thing is no slouch at the range either. Shoots very well for crappy pyramid sights. I know CZ made replacement bolts for the Turks but, whoever made the barrel did a good job too.
[IMG:left] [/IMG]

Posts: 4022 | Registered: January 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
They are Saaweet!!!

"People Sleep Peacefully in Their Beds at Night Only Because Rough Men Stand Ready to Do Violence on Their Behalf."

Posts: 6 | Location: Penna. | Registered: May 24, 2022Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Joy Maker
Picture of airsoft guy
posted Hide Post
Not quite a milsurp, but sorta, my Mk1A 9mm, an Indian Hi-Power built on Inglis machinery Canada sold them after WW2. First handgun I bought when I was 19 or so. I don't have an Indian flag, or a Canadian one, and I left my UK at home, so the NCR is the background, which is fitting I think.

EDIT: Ooh, I forgot I had my British Mk.II in the car, you know, like everyone does. So there's a li'l more milsurp.

quote:
Originally posted by Will938:
If you don't become a screen writer for comedy movies, then you're an asshole.

Posts: 16995 | Location: Washington State | Registered: April 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post