SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Gallery    Some pictures of my NEW Walker holster & belt rig
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Some pictures of my NEW Walker holster & belt rig Login/Join 
Too old to grow up now
Picture of George85019
posted
Powder stains on vest and hat LOL! You can tell I shoot an 1873 from the powder spots on the brim of my hat, from shot brass landing there. The wide brim keeps them from going down my shirt on hot days! I hope to shoot the Walker soon. I've been busy with chores, and Betty has had a migraine for about 10 days, a bad one. Can't getting as much done when my pards down like that. She is up and feeling better now, so we got a lot more done today.
Oh, I almost forgot. Someone's bound to ask, the leather rig is from The Last Best West.
 https://thelastbestwest.com/ 

This message has been edited. Last edited by: George85019,

NO SIGnature

Posts: 2050 | Location: London, OH | Registered: January 05, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm not laughing
WITH you
Picture of Rolan_Kraps
posted Hide Post
So where is the second one for the other side so you can shoot Frontiersman?

Rolan Kraps
SASS Regulator
Gainesville, Georgia.
NRA Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Instructor - Pistol / Personal Protection Inside the Home

Posts: 23577 | Location: Gainesville, GA | Registered: October 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old to grow up now
Picture of George85019
posted Hide Post
I don’t plan on shooting at SASS. We have had some cowboys shoot cap & ball. I’m already slow enough, without adding more work. The Walker is just for fun on the home range.

NO SIGnature

Posts: 2050 | Location: London, OH | Registered: January 05, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm not laughing
WITH you
Picture of Rolan_Kraps
posted Hide Post
"Choose your category wisely". If nobody else is shooting your category, you are sure to place high! That's why I started the Unofficial "Steampunk Category".

Rolan Kraps
SASS Regulator
Gainesville, Georgia.
NRA Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Instructor - Pistol / Personal Protection Inside the Home

Posts: 23577 | Location: Gainesville, GA | Registered: October 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by George85019:
I don’t plan on shooting at SASS. We have had some cowboys shoot cap & ball. I’m already slow enough, without adding more work. The Walker is just for fun on the home range.

That's what they all say at first...then comes the second Walker...then the '66...Rolan speaks the truth...I know him well Razz

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
Plowing straight ahead come what may
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10580 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nosce te ipsum
Picture of Woodman
posted Hide Post
Please, inform the ignorant. I recognize the revolver. Smile But what is the telescoping brass thing?

And the flat brass thing that looks like a white-out-strip dispenser? In one of the later Richard Sharp novels by Bernard Cornwell, a fellow had a rifled percussion pistol which used a "cap" of powder within a wafer of copper foil. And I'm thinking 'connection' between the two things.

I've just finished the 21 books, read in order. Lots of neat details of the fighting man.

Posts: 8759 | Registered: March 24, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Woodman:
Please, inform the ignorant. I recognize the revolver. Smile But what is the telescoping brass thing?

Powder measure.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34081 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
They make a bad assed cartridge conversion for the Walker.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!

Posts: 34081 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old to grow up now
Picture of George85019
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rolan_Kraps:
"Choose your category wisely". If nobody else is shooting your category, you are sure to place high! That's why I started the Unofficial "Steampunk Category".

Right, my best matches were the ones where I was the only one shooting that category! LOL
I was never fast like some of the Cowboys are. Slow and steady, I tried to shoot clean.

NO SIGnature

Too old to grow up now
Picture of George85019
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bisleyblackhawk:
quote:
Originally posted by George85019:

That's what they all say at first...then comes the second Walker...then the '66...Rolan speaks the truth...I know him well Razz

I hear ya. I already shoot a '73. Although who doesn't like a '66 with that pretty brass frame?

NO SIGnature

Too old to grow up now
Picture of George85019
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mars_Attacks:
quote:

Powder measure.

Correct it is a powder measure that fits into the powder flask for easy loading of the powder. It is adjustable, with a thumb screw that locks it at the gain setting you select.

Yes, I know about the cartridge conversion to .45 Colt for the Walker. Thanks, I may get one some day.
The Renaissance Wax can is full of my beeswax & Crisco mix. Tallow is better I've read, but I'm going to try this and see how it does. If the mix is too runny, I can easily melt and add more beeswax. The small tins have it in them as well. The open syringe pulls mix from Wax can, then I use it to load a syringe with the end just he right size to load the cylinder chamber, the markings allow me to load approximately the same amount each cylinder chamber. Nice and not messy while shooting.
The brass funnel is for pouring powder from measure to chamber without getting powder on the chamber mouth to get pinched between the ball and chamber. I plan to load the lube behind the ball. It is a non-traditional way, but still effective to prevent chain fire, if you make sure no powder is crushed by the ball when loading.

NO SIGnature

Too old to grow up now
Picture of George85019
posted Hide Post
quote:

And the flat brass thing that looks like a white-out-strip dispenser? In one of the later Richard Sharp novels by Bernard Cornwell, a fellow had a rifled percussion pistol which used a "cap" of powder within a wafer of copper foil. And I'm thinking 'connection' between the two things.

I've just finished the 21 books, read in order. Lots of neat details of the fighting man.

Yes, you are correct it is a percussion cap holder/loader. They make in-line cappers as well. I have some of those too. This one holds 100 caps.

NO SIGnature

Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
I like my cap n ball revolvers, but my C. Richards conversions are by far my favorite.

Best of both worlds.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!

Too old to grow up now
Picture of George85019
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rolan_Kraps:
So where is the second one for the other side so you can shoot Frontiersman?

You mean like these?
Or maybe a Ruger Old Army to go with it. Something like these.

No, your right Rolan, have to be another Walker to keep me in balance, can't be listing to Port!

NO SIGnature