SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Gallery    Lets see some Mannlichers.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Lets see some Mannlichers. Login/Join 
Picture of Tuckerrnr1
posted
sorry

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Tuckerrnr1,

Posts: 5734 | Location: Florida | Registered: March 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post

This message has been edited. Last edited by: RogueJSK,

Posts: 32495 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
Thank you for starting this thread.

I have been looking at a M77 International or No. 1 International in .243. I would like a red pad, I think those were the 80's???

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36838 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P-220:
I have been looking at a M77 International or No. 1 International in .243. I would like a red pad, I think those were the 80's???

The M77 RSI with red butt pad and tang safety was made from 1982-1992ish.

Posts: 32495 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mr. Waffles
Picture of cherokee2u
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
quote:

The M77 RSI with red butt pad and tang safety was made from 1982-1992ish.

That is one fine looking rifle

A shepherd must tend his flock....and at times fight off the wolves

Posts: 2988 | Location: Carolina | Registered: March 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Thanks! It's a 1987 Ruger M77 RSI (aka "International") in .30-06.

Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
I love the way they look. If I had any use for another bolt gun, I'd consider one in 6.5mm Swede. But I have no use for one at all, as I already have a .270 that I rarely use.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53121 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rule #1: Use enough gun
Picture of Bigboreshooter
posted Hide Post
Sadly, I no longer have any of these... Confused

But, they all performed just as they should. Cool

When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own house, his possessions are undisturbed. Luke 11:21

"Every nation in every region now has a decision to make.
Either you are with us, or you are with the terrorists." -- George W. Bush

Posts: 14826 | Location: Birmingham, Alabama | Registered: February 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Telecom Ronin
Picture of dewhorse
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:
I love the way they look. If I had any use for another bolt gun, I'd consider one in 6.5mm Swede. But I have no use for one at all, as I already have a .270 that I rarely use.

I have agree with your choice, I had a CZ550 FS in 9.3 great rifle ....sold it

Buds still has them in 6.5.....a perfect combo in my opinion

but the Ruger is such a great compact package, wish they sold them in 6.5 or 7x57...or even 7mm-08

Posts: 8301 | Location: Back in NE TX ....to stay | Registered: February 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
High Speed Low Drag
Operator in the Innis Mode
Picture of Ke Bo Li
posted Hide Post
Mannnlicher? I hardly knew her!
OK, a little cheesy...but check out the 1917 vintage Mannlicher-Schoenauer Model 1908 in caliber 8x56

Pretty clean for its age,
With decent glass and the Lyman mdl 36 aperture sight that swings out of way of the bolt handle going fore and aft, as well as the set of cleaning rods in the butt stock.

I'm quite fond of this company, I also have a 2011 "classic half stock" and a 1977 SSG-69. These two are incredible tack drivers.
The 1908 not so much.
The striker is massive and when it falls the entire rifle tends to move so I really need to put all my weight onto it to get the groups down to 2" at 100yds.
The trigger when "set" its quite nice and usable, "unset" is awful with about a half inch of travel before the release.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Ke Bo Li,

I think the "check engine" light is burned out

Posts: 710 | Location: Portland,OR | Registered: October 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
THAT is a BEAUTIFUL rifle!

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34108 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mars_Attacks:

No kidding.

That rifle is fantastic. I am unfamiliar with the caliber.

Please share the details of that rifle. Thanks.

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36838 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dewhorse:
but the Ruger is such a great compact package, wish they sold them in 6.5 or 7x57...or even 7mm-08

Ruger offered the M77 RSI in all three of those calibers in the past. They're out there... You'll just have to look for them.

Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
I have a 77/RSI and a CZ 452FS

I'll take better pix tomorrow.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34108 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Telecom Ronin
Picture of dewhorse
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
quote:
Originally posted by dewhorse:

Ruger offered the M77 RSI in all three of those calibers in the past. They're out there... You'll just have to look for them.

oh damn.....I hate you

off to GB I go

Posts: 8301 | Location: Back in NE TX ....to stay | Registered: February 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
High Speed Low Drag
Picture of Ke Bo Li
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Mars_Attacks:

No kidding.

That rifle is fantastic. I am unfamiliar with the caliber.

Please share the details of that rifle. Thanks.

The 8x56 is a bit of a thumper, on both ends given the light weight of the rifle. I mostly shoot 220gr lead bullets over a full case of Trail Boss, which is how the irons are regulated at 50yds. Its a "shoot all day" load. The loading data is scarce, but a rule of thumb is to use 8x57 data backed off by 10% which does closely match the actual load data I've been able to find. For full house loads I use 170gr Hornady bullets over an almost full case of IMR4350 at around 2200fps, and the scope is zeroed at 100yds for that. I form the brass from 8x57 cases. Dies are out there, but not when I needed them so I went to C&H and had a set made. Steel butt plate is no fun with the 170's and I always wear the recoil shield.

This company was the biggest challenge to the Mauser Bros way back when. It also has the twin opposed lugs and controlled round feeding but after that its night and day.
Its more than a little famous among the old bolt action crowd, Bell ( of Africa ) was one fan, he liked the model 1903 in 6.5mm
There are still quite a few in circulation, but if you see one and are tempted beware that getting rings to match the claw bases they almost always have will set you back a grand.
I jumped on this one because it had the Griffin & Howe mount, scope, AND the peep sight.

A lot more detail here
http://www.chuckhawks.com/m-s_carbine.htm
http://www.mannlicher.org/aboutmannlichers a good place to poke around
https://www.americanrifleman.o...-schoenauer-carbine/

Posts: 710 | Location: Portland,OR | Registered: October 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of xl_target
posted Hide Post
Wow! Some nice looking rifles in this post.

Ke Bo Li, your 1917 is a thing of beauty.
It has very pleasing lines.

Posts: 2322 | Registered: January 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
High Speed Low Drag
Picture of Ke Bo Li
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by xl_target:
Wow! Some nice looking rifles in this post.

Ke Bo Li, your 1917 is a thing of beauty.
It has very pleasing lines.

Thank you
People think "high speed low drag" is something new, but this thumper and others like it ( Winchester 94, or Savage 99 anyone? ) from that era embodied the concept a long time before black plastic was invented. This one is light and nimble and points like a wand in your hands. The steel recoil plate leaves a bit to be desired though...

Engraving is
scratching
on purpose
Picture of mm6mm6
posted Hide Post
My father's Mannlicher-Schoenauer 6.5x54 with Zeiss scope:

I had to sell it to raise money for my mom. So the best I could do was to create a Ruger 10/22 International takedown to go along with my standard Ruger 10/22 International:

Posts: 985 | Registered: March 01, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post