SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Gallery    What did you photograph today?
Page 1 ... 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 ... 146
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What did you photograph today? Login/Join 
Don't Panic
Picture of joel9507
posted Hide Post
Spring has sprung, hereabouts, so wandered out to the Coker Arboretum on the UNC campus today to see what's shaking.

Couple days ago we were walking the boardwalk out on Phelps Lake in the eastern part of the state, and this guy was out staking his territorial claim for all to see/hear:

Posts: 15001 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: October 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of UTsig
posted Hide Post
Lunar Eclipse on the morning of April 4th, from my backyard.

"Nature scares me" a quote by my friend Bob after a rough day at sea.

Posts: 3388 | Location: Utah's Dixie | Registered: January 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Duck Doctor
Picture of reconair
posted Hide Post

US Army, Retired
NRA Golden Eagle Life Member

‘‘Are we at last brought to such humiliating and debasing degradation, that we cannot be trusted with arms for our defense? ... If our defense be the real object of having those arms, in whose hands can they be trusted with more propriety, or equal safety to us, as in our own hands?’’

— Patrick Henry

Posts: 576 | Location: Near Lake Anna, Virginia | Registered: April 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Avoiding
slam fires
Picture of 45 Cal
posted Hide Post
quote:
reconair

can you blow it up a mite,barely visible Wink

Posts: 22407 | Location: Georgia | Registered: February 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Comic Relief
Picture of Eponym
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 45 Cal:
quote:
reconair

can you blow it up a mite,barely visible Wink
Yes. It's only 15 screen's worth on my desktop.
When I said wallpaper, I didn't mean for the living room.

Posts: 4816 | Location: Indianapolis, IN | Registered: September 28, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Duck Doctor
Picture of reconair
posted Hide Post
Sorry about the huge image. The site I use for hosting the images resizes them to fit most screens. However, since sig forum makes you link to the hosted image, it's then delivered in the original size.

It would be nice if you could upload directly to sig forum instead of linking to a hosted image.

US Army, Retired
NRA Golden Eagle Life Member

‘‘Are we at last brought to such humiliating and debasing degradation, that we cannot be trusted with arms for our defense? ... If our defense be the real object of having those arms, in whose hands can they be trusted with more propriety, or equal safety to us, as in our own hands?’’

— Patrick Henry

Posts: 576 | Location: Near Lake Anna, Virginia | Registered: April 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by reconair:
It would be nice if you could upload directly to sig forum instead of linking to a hosted image.
I host mine (mostly) on Flickr® and they have a resize option when the link is generated. (Flickr® does NOT want you to link directly to the photo--it is against their rules to post without giving Flickr® its mention; fortunately, it's easy to use their tool and the added identification is minimal.) Example:

DSC_8277.jpg
by davidecasteel, on Flickr

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now Serving 7.62
Picture of 10X-Shooter
posted Hide Post
Not taken today but some of my decent photos. Now that I have a decent camera I am looking forward to improving...

Posts: 6005 | Location: TN | Registered: February 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cold Ass Honkey
Picture of Sig Vicious
posted Hide Post

Grandkids at the Virginia Aquarium.
No flash allowed.

------------------------------
Never fully gruntled.

Posts: 2173 | Location: OR-ee-GUN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conservative in Nor Cal constantly swimming
up stream
Picture of PR64
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sig Vicious:

Grandkids at the Virginia Aquarium.
No flash allowed.

That looks like a painting with the natural light

-----------------------------------
Get your guns b4 the Dems take them away
Sig P-229
Sig P-220 Combat

Posts: 3458 | Location: Nor Cal | Registered: January 25, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of UTsig
posted Hide Post
The little Hedgehog Cactus was blooming, along with some yellow flowers. The metal sculpture is by a good friend, called "Damn It's Windy"

Posts: 3388 | Location: Utah's Dixie | Registered: January 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of billnchristy
posted Hide Post
The view from Sawnee Mountain:

------------------------------------
My books on Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/William-...id=1383531982&sr=8-1
email if you'd like auto'd copies.

Posts: 17916 | Location: Lawrenceville GA | Registered: April 15, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Evil Asian Member
Picture of LastCubScout
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 10X-Shooter:

"Up the airy mountain, down the rushing glen, we dare not go a-hunting, for fear of little men!" You see, nobody ever goes in, and nobody ever comes out! Wink

Posts: 5580 | Location: San Francisco Bay Area, CA | Registered: April 11, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now Serving 7.62
Picture of 10X-Shooter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by billnchristy:
The view from Sawnee Mountain:

Thanks for posting that! I grew up a few miles from that spot and haven't been back in way too long. Nice memories.

Posts: 6005 | Location: TN | Registered: February 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of UTsig
posted Hide Post
"Busy as a Beaver" and have they been busy:

Interesting how the ice has formed under this spillway, Beaver Creek, Beaver, UT:

posted Hide Post
Saw this big boy diving Saturday,

My dive buddy scootering around a wreck,

Posts: 2044 | Registered: September 19, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Busier than a cat covering
crap on a marble floor
Picture of Z06
posted Hide Post

Posts: 3999 | Location: AZ | Registered: July 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 48 | Location: Pittsburgh, PA | Registered: June 02, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
would not care
to elaborate
Picture of sse
posted Hide Post
Cool...those Sig mags are unmistakable in appearance...

Posts: 2715 | Location: USA | Registered: June 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

An intruder into my yard. Made the dogs very angry.

Ignem Feram

Posts: 528 | Registered: October 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post