SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Gallery    What did you photograph today?
Page 1 ... 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 ... 146
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What did you photograph today? Login/Join 
posted Hide Post

Last summer during the tiny town festival a chain saw artist fella was doing
shows and selling stuff that he made..

He did some darn fine work on an old ash tree at a house that is on the main road coming in to town

its about 15 feet tall

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54502 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 54502 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Duck Doctor
Picture of reconair
posted Hide Post
Logical fallacy it may be, but consensus among astronomers is that life is certainly probable elsewhere in the Universe given the right conditions, but until those conditions are adequately defined and understood and subsequently proven then it is all just conjecture.
quote:
Originally posted by Kraquin:
quote:
Originally posted by reconair:

Astronomers are only just beginning to realize that only certain sets of conditions must exist in the right proportions for life to exist. The conditions that permit even the simplest life forms are not arbitrary--they are simply too complex. Our solar system for example is constructed in just the right way to allow life to exist on this Earth. Take away any small part of it and conditions for life would be negligible.

That's a logical fallacy....... an appeal to ignorance. Sounds like something out of a Lee Strobel book.

The conditions on earth at this moment are capable of sustaining human life but there was a time when the O2 levels would not have and it is likely that there will be a change in the chemical signature of the atmosphere to inhibit human life again but other forms of life will continue to thrive.

As there have been chemical changes on earth so are there changes on other planets in the universe to promote life so it is just patently wrong to assert that our solar system is exceptional against a universe undergoing constant change.

US Army, Retired
NRA Golden Eagle Life Member

‘‘Are we at last brought to such humiliating and debasing degradation, that we cannot be trusted with arms for our defense? ... If our defense be the real object of having those arms, in whose hands can they be trusted with more propriety, or equal safety to us, as in our own hands?’’

— Patrick Henry

Posts: 576 | Location: Near Lake Anna, Virginia | Registered: April 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
If "other" life is not sentient and able to communicate with us, I really don't care. There may well be life elsewhere in the Universe, but I seriously doubt that we'll ever be in true contact with it.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of UTsig
posted Hide Post
While social distancing we took a ride to photograph some horses. I'm not a horse person, was glad when the owner identified them for me.

The white horse is a Shire, other is at least part MFT, breeds I never heard of:

White horse with brown head is a Medicine Hat, next to him is an MFT:

"Nature scares me" a quote by my friend Bob after a rough day at sea.

Posts: 3388 | Location: Utah's Dixie | Registered: January 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post

Springtime in the Big Bend

Posts: 26852 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
^^^^^ very nice shot of cactus flowers.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Wins
Picture of Micropterus
posted Hide Post
They're starting a month earlier than last year. Some early-season, amorous, danger-noodles.

Cocked and loaded

Posts: 4285 | Location: In The Swamp | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Duck Doctor
Picture of reconair
posted Hide Post
The Pinwheel Galaxy is a face-on spiral galaxy distanced 21 million light-years away from Earth in the constellation Ursa Major. From my observatory in Virginia

US Army, Retired

‘‘Are we at last brought to such humiliating and debasing degradation, that we cannot be trusted with arms for our defense? ... If our defense be the real object of having those arms, in whose hands can they be trusted with more propriety, or equal safety to us, as in our own hands?’’

— Patrick Henry

Posts: 576 | Location: Near Lake Anna, Virginia | Registered: April 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Busier than a cat covering
crap on a marble floor
Picture of Z06
posted Hide Post

Posts: 3999 | Location: AZ | Registered: July 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Joy Maker
Picture of airsoft guy
posted Hide Post
Farting around at work, trying to stay sane at a site where my one job is to stay awake, I snagged a couple shots of Orion, Venus, and the Pleiades, all together.

quote:
Originally posted by Will938:
If you don't become a screen writer for comedy movies, then you're an asshole.

Posts: 16995 | Location: Washington State | Registered: April 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Busier than a cat covering
crap on a marble floor
Picture of Z06
posted Hide Post

Posts: 3999 | Location: AZ | Registered: July 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Duck Doctor
Picture of reconair
posted Hide Post
Great Blue Heron, Spotsylvania, Virginia 2020

US Army, Retired

— Patrick Henry

Picture of UTsig
posted Hide Post
Backyard birding over the weekend.

Posts: 3388 | Location: Utah's Dixie | Registered: January 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of UTsig
posted Hide Post
Doing a few of these for fun.

In the yahd, not too
fah from the cah
Picture of ryan81986
posted Hide Post
Did some plane spotting yesterday.

JetBlue flight 434 from San Francisco
Registration #N986JB

Posts: 6339 | Location: Just outside of Boston | Registered: March 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 3580 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: July 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned for being
genuinely stupid
posted Hide Post
There are some beautiful photos on this forum,thanks for sharing them. I hope to be able to post my own one day.

Posts: 340 | Location: Derby City KY. | Registered: April 13, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of UTsig
posted Hide Post
One of the photography forums has a category "Orange", my contribution.