SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Gallery    What did you photograph today?
Page 1 ... 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 ... 146
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What did you photograph today? Login/Join 
Picture of kimberkid
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Z06:

Appearing yet again is "Stinger" (the long dead, from drowning, Stripe Tail scorpion) in possibly one of his (her?) final photo shoots.
Since it rained last night and Stinger is left outside, he/she appears to have been slightly re-hydrated. Another photo session this afternoon will see if there is some "life" in this model.

You could have him "bronzed" like they used to do with baby shoes back in the day ... I did that with a pet turtle once. Although he wasn't that heavy he made a cool paper weight until he disappeared ... most people thought he was made of brass until they picked him up ... he got dropped several times when I told them that he used to be alive but I had him bronzed so I could keep him forever! Some thought that was creepy.

If you really want something you'll find a way ...
... if you don't you'll find an excuse.

I'm really not a "kid" anymore ... but I haven't grown up yet either Wink

Posts: 5700 | Registered: January 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Busier than a cat covering
crap on a marble floor
Picture of Z06
posted Hide Post
kimberkid, thanks for the tip of “bronzing”! I had forgotten that preservative trick.. I still have a pair of my late father’s bronzed baby shoes. The tip came just a bit too late…
Sad to report Stinger was laid to rest in a simple used Ziplock® sandwich bag this AM. He/she(?) was unable to report for a morning photo shoot.
I have now called on Gilda to be the AZ dangerous critter (spokes) model for photography from now on. She’s a sweetheart.

Posts: 3997 | Location: AZ | Registered: July 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Recondite Raider
Picture of lizardman_u
posted Hide Post
Tonight's sunset from Boardman, OR

Posts: 3564 | Location: Boardman, Oregon | Registered: September 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
crap on a marble floor
Picture of Z06
posted Hide Post
Beautiful!

Posts: 3997 | Location: AZ | Registered: July 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Recondite Raider
Picture of lizardman_u
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Z06:
Beautiful!

Thank you sir Smile Your work is amazing. Is that Gila monster alive or stuffed?

Posts: 3564 | Location: Boardman, Oregon | Registered: September 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
crap on a marble floor
Picture of Z06
posted Hide Post
And thank you.
"Gilda" is a fiberglass model made from a mold taken from a female GM that died. The animal belonged to a breeder who contacted a man that makes these type of models for his business.
http://www.thesharkstore.com/

Picture of UTsig
posted Hide Post
At the State Liquor Store near us:

"Nature scares me" a quote by my friend Bob after a rough day at sea.

Posts: 3388 | Location: Utah's Dixie | Registered: January 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Duck Doctor
Picture of reconair
posted Hide Post
Since no one else has posted a pic of the eclipse, here's mine. Taken on 21 Aug 2017 at a farm near Pendleton, SC with a 6" refractor telescope at the moment of totality.

US Army, Retired
NRA Golden Eagle Life Member

‘‘Are we at last brought to such humiliating and debasing degradation, that we cannot be trusted with arms for our defense? ... If our defense be the real object of having those arms, in whose hands can they be trusted with more propriety, or equal safety to us, as in our own hands?’’

— Patrick Henry

Posts: 576 | Location: Near Lake Anna, Virginia | Registered: April 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Newf
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by reconair:
Since no one else has posted a pic of the eclipse, here's mine. Taken on 21 Aug 2017 at a farm near Pendleton, SC with a 6" refractor telescope at the moment of totality.

Nice work, great shot!

Posts: 920 | Location: Canada | Registered: June 05, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
crap on a marble floor
Picture of Z06
posted Hide Post
Let there be light(s)...

crap on a marble floor
Picture of Z06
posted Hide Post

Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post

Q

Posts: 26203 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
^ Awesome Karma! Unlucky #1! Razz

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15152 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Big Grin Big Grin
Don't you love it when they " Roll Back" their prices
Big Grin Big Grin

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54500 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just mobilize it
posted Hide Post
https://www.amazon.com/photos/...rQ4Ee11jYbyho3UK0IzP

Not sure how to post like I used to with photobucket as I never used to have to use a link.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: LincolnSixEcho,

Posts: 4608 | Registered: July 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Sig P226 .40 S&W
Sig SP2022 9mm
RIA 1911 Gov't .45
...and more

Posts: 719 | Location: Maryland | Registered: April 30, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Go to your link, click on the photo, then right-click on the photo and choose "copy image address".
Come here and paste that into the image tags - bracket - IMG - bracket and bracket - / - IMG - bracket

(with actual brackets and without the - )

Sig P226 .40 S&W
Sig SP2022 9mm
RIA 1911 Gov't .45
...and more

Posts: 719 | Location: Maryland | Registered: April 30, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just mobilize it
posted Hide Post
So I need to use a PC? My phone is what I'm on 99% of the time and it has no "right click" I don't think.

posted Hide Post
Press and hold instead of right-click, then

Sig P226 .40 S&W
Sig SP2022 9mm
RIA 1911 Gov't .45
...and more

Just mobilize it
posted Hide Post
dang it won't work. I don't get a "address" option. Ugh why did photobucket have to eff everyone I was doing fine with it.