SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Gallery    What did you photograph today?
Page 1 ... 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 ... 146
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What did you photograph today? Login/Join 
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
DL, it helps being never married and retired (twice). And thanks for the compliment. (I have almost 39,000 photos on Flickr®.)

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Duck Doctor
Picture of reconair
posted Hide Post
Cocoon Nebula
Taken @ Belmont Observatory Friday, 11 Sep 2015.

US Army, Retired
NRA Golden Eagle Life Member

‘‘Are we at last brought to such humiliating and debasing degradation, that we cannot be trusted with arms for our defense? ... If our defense be the real object of having those arms, in whose hands can they be trusted with more propriety, or equal safety to us, as in our own hands?’’

— Patrick Henry

Posts: 576 | Location: Near Lake Anna, Virginia | Registered: April 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I took this last fall, but just processed it last night.

Last fall by Tim, on Flickr

-------------
$

Posts: 7655 | Location: Mid-Michigan, USA | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Busier than a cat covering
crap on a marble floor
Picture of Z06
posted Hide Post
Re-processed this PM.

Posts: 4022 | Location: AZ | Registered: July 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
crap on a marble floor
Picture of Z06
posted Hide Post
Dangerous lizard with a firearm.

Posts: 4022 | Location: AZ | Registered: July 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
Was that Gila Monster alive?

flashguy

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This is another reprocessed photo. This time, it's an HDR I made from a single .JPG shot (because somehow I lost the RAW file). This was taken in 2013 at Theodore Roosevelt National Park.

HDR from ND by Tim, on Flickr

-------------
$

Posts: 7655 | Location: Mid-Michigan, USA | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
crap on a marble floor
Picture of Z06
posted Hide Post
flashguy, it is an example of Shaun Wallace's http://thesharkstore.com/ work. He casts and hand paints some amazing creatures for museums, schools, restaurants, theme parks and crazy collectors of strange & cool stuff.

Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Lake Jessup at sunset

Posts: 23393 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Z06:
flashguy, it is an example of Shaun Wallace's http://thesharkstore.com/ work. He casts and hand paints some amazing creatures for museums, schools, restaurants, theme parks and crazy collectors of strange & cool stuff.

Not from Shaun Wallace, but some arts patron commissioned some lifesize desert creatures cast of metal and painted authentically and dedicated them to the town of Wickenburg. They are bolted to the sidewalks around old town. As you walk around the few square blocks of old town, you will encounter several gila monsters, several roadrunners, and several western diamondback rattlesnakes (one of the snakes is just outside the front door of the gun store). I think there are four of each. Only one has been stolen, so far, as they are bolted down pretty firmly. One snake had to be moved due to an inebriated woman exiting a restaurant and tripping over it.

Posts: 10784 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tupperware Dr.
Picture of GCE61
posted Hide Post
quote:
Dangerous lizard with a firearm.

Potential "Dinner with Protection"?

Posts: 3546 | Registered: December 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post

Posts: 23393 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
Wow! Not only a near perfect half-circle rainbow, but a double one, to boot!

flashguy

crap on a marble floor
Picture of Z06
posted Hide Post
I now have 4 full-size replicas of critters found around AZ: three of the real ones can ruin your afternoon and the other is a pest but fun to watch.

And now this morning... UFO??

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Z06,

Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post
quote:
I now have 4 full-size replicas of critters found around AZ: three of the real ones can ruin your afternoon and the other is a pest but fun to watch.

Nice pieces.

What are the furry critters? We don't have those out here in Wickenburg, and our rattlers are almost exclusively diamondbacks or mohaves. What variety is that replica?

Posts: 10784 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
crap on a marble floor
Picture of Z06
posted Hide Post
The furries are prairie dogs, smaller versions are ground squirrels. PDs are around Williams and the GSs are even in my back yard N PHX area.

I got the ceramic rattler @ a gun show in 2002. I have no idea if it supposed to be a specific snake... but it scares the SHIITE out of most people that see it when it's on the ground.

would not care
to elaborate
Picture of sse
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by flashguy:
Nothing, but you might be interested in my photos of the 42-day trip to Europe this summer: https://www.flickr.com/photos/...s/72157654084611425/.

DSC_0969-2.jpg
by David Casteel, on Flickr

flashguy

Simply stunning collection of photos. Beautiful depictions of places that I have a fascination and interest in, but will not see first hand.

Posts: 2761 | Location: USA | Registered: June 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post
quote:
The furries are prairie dogs, smaller versions are ground squirrels.

Smile I've seen ground squirrels up around Prescott, but the ones we have here outside Wickenburg look like the poster child for the USPCA animal abuse campaign. Round-tailed ground squirrel:

Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
The furries are prairie dogs, smaller versions are ground squirrels. PDs are around Williams and the GSs are even in my back yard N PHX area.

I got the ceramic rattler @ a gun show in 2002. I have no idea if it supposed to be a specific snake... but it scares the SHIITE out of most people that see it when it's on the ground.
Knowing where you live (AZ) I'm surprised it has not been shot several times.

sse, I'm glad you enjoyed them. I like to post pictures in the hopes that others will view them--not because I think I'm a great photographer (I'm not, just a prolific one), but because I don't just post the "postcard" pictures but include the more ordinary ones dealing with daily activities, too. I like to think that some folks may even be motivated to also visit some of those locations, and if they do maybe they'll have a better idea of what is available to see there.

My pictures recently have been of construction at my church--we have some major building going on right now. I doubt that any of them would be of much interest to the Forum, though. Tomorrow I fly to Oregon for 2 days for a reunion of old (really) radar station personnel. There will be photos taken there, and they'll be eventually posted to Flickr® as part of a Collection that already exists.

flashguy

crap on a marble floor
Picture of Z06
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by flashguy:
Knowing where you live (AZ) I'm surprised it has not been shot several times.
flashguy

I do have to keep them inside (except for the rattler) as our many hawks and owls would swoop down to carry them off! Big Grin