SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Gallery    What did you photograph today?
Page 1 ... 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 ... 146
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What did you photograph today? Login/Join 
Picture of UTsig
posted Hide Post
He was hanging around for a couple of weeks.

"Nature scares me" a quote by my friend Bob after a rough day at sea.

Posts: 3396 | Location: Utah's Dixie | Registered: January 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I didn't take this photograph today, but I finally got around to editing it today.

First try at black background by Tim, on Flickr

-------------
$

Posts: 7655 | Location: Mid-Michigan, USA | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Another shot I didn't take today but did finally process today. More learning about properly using Lightroom. I think it's improving.

Better move, son, I want that hay by Tim, on Flickr

-------------
$

Posts: 7655 | Location: Mid-Michigan, USA | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RB211
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by UTsig:
He was hanging around for a couple of weeks.

I've had one of these on my back proch for about a week! Praying Mantis are so cool!

Unfortunately, the only pics I have taken lately are of my Jeep's valve body....

Rebuilding that was fun....

Posts: 2039 | Location: Atlanta, GA | Registered: February 24, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rsd1220
posted Hide Post
Some Eagles

__Phase plasma rifle in the 40-watt range__

Posts: 1113 | Location: Pangea | Registered: June 30, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
May I ask what state you live in?

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12315 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of kimberkid
posted Hide Post
I like the camouflage ... its like they're invisible!

If you really want something you'll find a way ...
... if you don't you'll find an excuse.

I'm really not a "kid" anymore ... but I haven't grown up yet either Wink

Posts: 5705 | Registered: January 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Newf
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by UTsig:

I did a work project in Malaysia a few years back, and out in the boonies locals would find the biggest Mantis' they could and with thread tie them to each post of their raised sleeping platforms. They never had to worry about other crawling insects!

Posts: 920 | Location: Canada | Registered: June 05, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just a couple portraits of my Dobermans. They were nice enough to actually sit still for a moment to allow this to occur.

Dobermans near a pond by Tim, on Flickr

Dobermans in the woods by Tim, on Flickr

-------------
$

Duck Doctor
Picture of reconair
posted Hide Post
The Rosette Nebula is a cloud of gas and dust about 130 light years in diameter, lying approximately 5000 light years from our Solar System in the direction of the constellation of Monoceros. The mass of the nebula is estimated at 10 thousand Solar masses, even though it is just a small part of a much larger region of gas and dust spanning the entire constellation. The Rosette would appear as large as the full Moon if it were visible to the eye, but it is so faint that visual observation is difficult even with telescopes.

US Army, Retired
NRA Golden Eagle Life Member

‘‘Are we at last brought to such humiliating and debasing degradation, that we cannot be trusted with arms for our defense? ... If our defense be the real object of having those arms, in whose hands can they be trusted with more propriety, or equal safety to us, as in our own hands?’’

— Patrick Henry

Posts: 576 | Location: Near Lake Anna, Virginia | Registered: April 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cogito Ergo Sum
posted Hide Post
Wow! Beautiful Dobermans!

Posts: 5692 | Registered: August 01, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks, k5blazer! I've been very happy with these guys. They're a good conversation starter too, and a hell of an alarm system.

Here's what I photographed last night:

Flaming pallets by Tim, on Flickr

Flaming pallets 2 by Tim, on Flickr

-------------
$

Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
My church has placed a lighted tree in the "Lantern" of its Steeple:

DSC_3745.jpg
by David Casteel, on Flickr

DSC_3743.jpg
by David Casteel, on Flickr

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Great time of the season for ducks!
Male Wood Duck

Posts: 105 | Location: North Central Ohio | Registered: October 19, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
Very pretty duck!

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Busier than a cat covering
crap on a marble floor
Picture of Z06
posted Hide Post

Posts: 4017 | Location: AZ | Registered: July 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Rabbit Tobacco and a small ML straight back.

Posts: 5283 | Location: GA | Registered: July 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
_DSC1374-1-3 by Tim, on Flickr

_DSC1322-1 by Tim, on Flickr

-------------
$

eh-TEE-oh-clez
Picture of Aeteocles
posted Hide Post
Spicy Chinese food over the weekend. They use these sichuan peppercorns that make your mouth go numb. It's like licking a 9-volt battery.

Posts: 13047 | Location: Orange County, California | Registered: May 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bshnt 2015
posted Hide Post

Posts: 250 | Location: Left Coast | Registered: October 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post