SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Gallery    What did you photograph today?
Page 1 ... 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 ... 146
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What did you photograph today? Login/Join 
Picture of kimberkid
posted Hide Post
and here I thought we were in the middle of a heat wave this morning when it was 25 when I got up!

If you really want something you'll find a way ...
... if you don't you'll find an excuse.

I'm really not a "kid" anymore ... but I haven't grown up yet either Wink

Posts: 5705 | Registered: January 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Z06:
Dec. 3, 2018 - 7:02am - 62ºF
Dec. 3, 2018? You have a camera that takes pictures 11 months in the future?

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Busier than a cat covering
crap on a marble floor
Picture of Z06
posted Hide Post
flashguy, it's normally the year I get wrong when filling out any item that requires the date be entered following New Year's change over. Screwing up the month is a new one for me. lol

The Halcion I took (before posting the sunrise shot) in prep for a root canal this AM also might have been a contributing factor.

Posts: 4017 | Location: AZ | Registered: July 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
crap on a marble floor
Picture of Z06
posted Hide Post
After I got home from the endodontist I spotted this lazy coyote out by the back fence. It stayed there for over an hour and a half.

Posts: 4017 | Location: AZ | Registered: July 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Took this Christmas day using the drone while visiting my mom:

Posts: 2189 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: February 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
The view was breathtaking in person but the iPhone camera failed to capture it well. The Pacific Ocean is about six miles from here, directly center of the photo.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18022 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Orguss:
The view was breathtaking in person but the iPhone camera failed to capture it well.

More times than I care to count I've tried to capture what my eyes were seeing at the time and failed miserably--regardless of the camera.

Going through a set of photos I took yesterday with my new-to-me Canon 20D at an antique/classic car museum: So many of them are just "meh," and others downright "toss it."

Other times I've captured the nicest photo with the most common of camera.

E.g.: Here's a picture of a Consumer's Power contractor welding a new tap onto the gas main in front of our home.

Camera is a lowly Olympus StylusTough 6000 point-and-shoot. I couldn't actually look, because welding, so I got as close to the edge of the hole as seemed safe, stuck my arms out, eyeballed the general position and angle of the camera out of the corner of my eye, and snapped.

I was amazed it came out at all, much less as good as it did. (It's one of my favourite photos I took of all time.)

(And, yes, for those who are wondering: That gas main was pressurized. Yeah: Blew my mind, too.)

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
I posted another photo in The Lounge to better-illustrate why I was asking a question, but this is my favourite of the series:

I think I'd have to caption it "Whatcha lookin' at, Willis?" Smile

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of kimberkid
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
First thing that came to my mind was:

I'm poopin ... so what?

If you really want something you'll find a way ...
... if you don't you'll find an excuse.

I'm really not a "kid" anymore ... but I haven't grown up yet either Wink

Posts: 5705 | Registered: January 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
Our youngest cat, Jasper, has lately taken an interest in my wife's iPad. Saw him browsing Facebook, so I went and grabbed the camera.

This photo was entirely unintentional in two respects: 1. I didn't realize I'd left the 100-300mm, non-image-stabilizing, telephoto lens on and 2. I didn't realize what page he'd brought up on her tablet until I got the photos onto the computer.

7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Hickory Shampoo:
Thanks gents. I should have at least included the links to the old ones. Whoops!

aikoboxes3wm Aiko

aikoboxes1wm Aiko
An old thread which I didnt expect to still be here. If the pics of Aiko remain, I will try and get to a computer to save them. Dont hear from Hickory much here any more. Gotta wonder if Aiko is still doing yard duty. A hansome dog.

Posts: 17900 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:
Our youngest cat, Jasper, has lately taken an interest in my wife's iPad. Saw him browsing Facebook, so I went and grabbed the camera.

This photo was entirely unintentional in two respects: 1. I didn't realize I'd left the 100-300mm, non-image-stabilizing, telephoto lens on and 2. I didn't realize what page he'd brought up on her tablet until I got the photos onto the computer.

Thats cute.

Posts: 17900 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of UTsig
posted Hide Post
I think the ranch owner knows my wife.

"Nature scares me" a quote by my friend Bob after a rough day at sea.

Posts: 3396 | Location: Utah's Dixie | Registered: January 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
crap on a marble floor
Picture of Z06
posted Hide Post
^LOL^

300 BLK HD SBR

Picture of just1tym
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Z06:
Dec. 3, 2018 - 7:02am - 62ºF

Amazing colors, well done Z06!

Regards, Will G.

Posts: 9660 | Location: 140 mi to Margaritaville, FL | Registered: January 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
crap on a marble floor
Picture of Z06
posted Hide Post
Thanks Will. Every morning I look out my office window to that ENE view and every so often the sunrise is spectacular. Clouds are the key to a picture worthy step out side.

crap on a marble floor
Picture of Z06
posted Hide Post
Another "good cloud" sunrise today.

Picture of just1tym
posted Hide Post
Wow!...the only thing here in Florida that I've ever seen that comes even close is when I stayed on our west coast in Marco Island, the sunsets on the water yielded some nice colors. Those images and colors are spectacular Z06, well done Smile

Regards, Will G.

Posts: 9660 | Location: 140 mi to Margaritaville, FL | Registered: January 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My hypocrisy goes only so far
Picture of GrumpyBiker
posted Hide Post
My latest build, Noreen Firearms Billet 6.5 Grendel.

U.S.M.C.
VFW-8054
III%

"Never let a Wishbone grow where a Backbone should be "

Posts: 6932 | Location: Central,Ohio | Registered: December 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
We don't have a good horizon for dawn/sunset shots, but occasionally... Taken last night, just after sunset: