SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Gallery    What did you photograph today?
Page 1 ... 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 ... 146
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What did you photograph today? Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Symmetry. I like it.

Posts: 17177 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of kimberkid
posted Hide Post
I wish I had a rug with that pattern!

If you really want something you'll find a way ...
... if you don't you'll find an excuse.

I'm really not a "kid" anymore ... but I haven't grown up yet either Wink

Posts: 5700 | Registered: January 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Everybody knows that the dice are loaded

Posts: 367 | Location: West Virginia | Registered: February 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shaman
Picture of ScreamingCockatoo
posted Hide Post

He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster.

Posts: 39716 | Location: Atop the cockatoo tree | Registered: July 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Busier than a cat covering
crap on a marble floor
Picture of Z06
posted Hide Post

Posts: 3998 | Location: AZ | Registered: July 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knife Farmer
Picture of dozer
posted Hide Post
here is a nice shot of my new Beretta LTT. such a nice pistol.

dozer

"She's got a cherry-handled pistol in her lollipop pocket." Five Horse Johnson

Posts: 3515 | Location: fayette,al | Registered: April 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Finally got this hung on the back porch, 2 months after I finished it...

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15154 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Joy Maker
Picture of airsoft guy
posted Hide Post
Rainier on the way into work this morning.

quote:
Originally posted by Will938:
If you don't become a screen writer for comedy movies, then you're an asshole.

Posts: 16995 | Location: Washington State | Registered: April 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Duck Doctor
Picture of reconair
posted Hide Post
M81/ NGC3031 Galaxy from my observatory 22 Feb 2020.

US Army, Retired
NRA Golden Eagle Life Member

‘‘Are we at last brought to such humiliating and debasing degradation, that we cannot be trusted with arms for our defense? ... If our defense be the real object of having those arms, in whose hands can they be trusted with more propriety, or equal safety to us, as in our own hands?’’

— Patrick Henry

Posts: 576 | Location: Near Lake Anna, Virginia | Registered: April 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
^^^Beautiful!

How can there NOT be life out there? We may never be able to conquer the distances involved, but I firmly believe we are not alone.

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15181 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Duck Doctor
Picture of reconair
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PHPaul:
^^^Beautiful!

How can there NOT be life out there? We may never be able to conquer the distances involved, but I firmly believe we are not alone.

Astronomers are only just beginning to realize that only certain sets of conditions must exist in the right proportions for life to exist. The conditions that permit even the simplest life forms are not arbitrary--they are simply too complex. Our solar system for example is constructed in just the right way to allow life to exist on this Earth. Take away any small part of it and conditions for life would be negligible.

US Army, Retired
NRA Golden Eagle Life Member

‘‘Are we at last brought to such humiliating and debasing degradation, that we cannot be trusted with arms for our defense? ... If our defense be the real object of having those arms, in whose hands can they be trusted with more propriety, or equal safety to us, as in our own hands?’’

— Patrick Henry

Posts: 576 | Location: Near Lake Anna, Virginia | Registered: April 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That would make a great album cover

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54501 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by reconair:
quote:
Originally posted by PHPaul:
^^^Beautiful!

Astronomers are only just beginning to realize that only certain sets of conditions must exist in the right proportions for life to exist. The conditions that permit even the simplest life forms are not arbitrary--they are simply too complex. Our solar system for example is constructed in just the right way to allow life to exist on this Earth. Take away any small part of it and conditions for life would be negligible.

The literally uncountable number of stars/suns/planetary systems out there would seem to me to make it statistically likely that the necessary set of conditions exist in more than one place in the universe.

We'll probably never know tho.

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15181 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of hi-power man
posted Hide Post

High capacity is not an acceptable substitute for good marksmanship.

Posts: 867 | Location: Kentucky | Registered: December 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Tooky13
posted Hide Post
Last Night's Arizona Sunset

We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution.
Abraham Lincoln

Posts: 1307 | Location: Scottsdale, Arizona | Registered: December 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My hypocrisy goes only so far
Picture of GrumpyBiker
posted Hide Post
My wife the Gardner said this was a Killing Frost!

U.S.M.C.
VFW-8054
III%

"Never let a Wishbone grow where a Backbone should be "

Posts: 6931 | Location: Central,Ohio | Registered: December 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Short. Fat. Bald.
Costanzaesque.

Picture of TexasScrub
posted Hide Post
Vermillion Flycatcher from about 100 yds

Posts: 1979 | Location: Victoria, TX | Registered: February 11, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
All the time
Picture of Gear.Up
posted Hide Post
Out playing in the mud and mountains with some Toyota friends, click for full size.

Posts: 2320 | Location: East TN | Registered: July 28, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Kraquin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by reconair:

That's a logical fallacy....... an appeal to ignorance. Sounds like something out of a Lee Strobel book.

The conditions on earth at this moment are capable of sustaining human life but there was a time when the O2 levels would not have and it is likely that there will be a change in the chemical signature of the atmosphere to inhibit human life again but other forms of life will continue to thrive.

As there have been chemical changes on earth so are there changes on other planets in the universe to promote life so it is just patently wrong to assert that our solar system is exceptional against a universe undergoing constant change.

Posts: 391 | Registered: December 07, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post

"Volunteers" at the base of my porch stairs.

God bless America.

Posts: 13425 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post