SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Gallery    What did you photograph today?
Page 1 ... 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 ... 146
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What did you photograph today? Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skull Leader:
Been experimenting with light painting and astrophotography.

That's an awesome shot. You have more interesting subject matter in your area than I have around me.

I'm heading up to Grand Marais, MN for 5 nights at the end of August to take a class on Astrophotography with Bryan Hansel. It's going to be fun to find out everything that I'm doing wrong and how to improve and process the shots I'm taking.

Posts: 2486 | Location: Southern Minnesota | Registered: March 15, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of kimberkid
posted Hide Post
Took a family pic of my HK's ... and clones.

If you really want something you'll find a way ...
... if you don't you'll find an excuse.

I'm really not a "kid" anymore ... but I haven't grown up yet either Wink

Posts: 5700 | Registered: January 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
Railroad ties

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16146 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
Caught in the nick of time:

Great lighting on the ties, and the astrophotos are stunning.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47365 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rumors of my death
are greatly exaggerated
Picture of coloradohunter44
posted Hide Post
Sorry bendable. Didn't see your request. You can see the channel on both sides of it.

London Bridge in Lake Havasu.

"Someday I hope to be half the man my bird-dog thinks I am."

FBLM LGB!

Posts: 10895 | Location: Commirado | Registered: July 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
Taken on Bull Lake road in Montana.

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nosce te ipsum
Picture of Woodman
posted Hide Post
Finally used my 'new' Shooboy hammer. The white nylon tip and a flat edge to punch out the old bushings from the back. Not for the faint of heart - that is a $6,000 mandolin. And the new Waverly bushings installed. The owner is going from $63 tuners to $602 tuners.

Posts: 8759 | Registered: March 24, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
Visitors at the house this morning

Posts: 13164 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kimberkid:
Took a family pic of my HK's ... and clones.

Wow, nice collection! You probably need to change your handle name.

Posts: 211 | Registered: June 10, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Those cattle need some corn
Big Grin
Wink

But seriously,
The closest I've ever been to those was 75 yards,
We were stopped on a highway, and they crossed in front of us , I guessed the herd was doing about 40 m.p.h.
Over two fences and the road.

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54500 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of UTsig
posted Hide Post
Our yearly Hummingbird nest, the last two years they never got to fledge, hoping this year is a good one. Mom really overbuilt, we've never seen a nest like this.

"Nature scares me" a quote by my friend Bob after a rough day at sea.

Posts: 3388 | Location: Utah's Dixie | Registered: January 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 2486 | Location: Southern Minnesota | Registered: March 15, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Help! Help!
I'm being repressed!

Picture of Skull Leader
posted Hide Post
Very nice, WildSig!

I need to figure out how to get the cloud look into the Milky Way.

Are you using a full frame camera? That's something else I feel I need as I can get more of the sky and slower shutter speeds.

Posts: 11151 | Location: Big Sky Country | Registered: November 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Busier than a cat covering
crap on a marble floor
Picture of Z06
posted Hide Post

Posts: 3997 | Location: AZ | Registered: July 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skull Leader:
Very nice, WildSig!

I need to figure out how to get the cloud look into the Milky Way.

Are you using a full frame camera? That's something else I feel I need as I can get more of the sky and slower shutter speeds.

I haven't come up with a tried true, quick method of playing with my images yet. I flip back and forth between Photoshop and Lightroom using different techniques people post about on YouTube. There are tons of videos showing how to post process images. The thing I find with night photography is that you can pretty much do anything with the image and as you like the look. I'm hoping to get some good tips next week when I take a 5 night astrophotography class with a professional photographer that does this a lot.

I used Photoshop to create the image below using a bunch of different masks to get the look I got. Used this technique. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FOAmP7A_x6c&t=135s

I'm using a Sony A6000 with a Sony 20mm 1.8 G-Series Prime lens. I'm hoping to move up to a Full Frame next year as well and will more than likely stay in the Sony mirrorless line since I have so many lenses for my A6000 that will work with the Full Frame body.

Busier than a cat covering
crap on a marble floor
Picture of Z06
posted Hide Post

Posts: 3997 | Location: AZ | Registered: July 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
One of my wifes roses.

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Here's an unedited image from last night overlooking Grand Marais Harbor. Just when I thought the lightning was going to get good the storm faded. If you look close you will see some stars in this shot which shows how small this cell really was.

Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
^^^^^ WildSig, that is a stunning shot. Well done.

Jim

posted Hide Post

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54500 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post