SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Gallery    What did you photograph today?
Page 1 ... 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 ... 146
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What did you photograph today? Login/Join 
Caribou gorn
Picture of YellowJacket
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by henryaz:
quote:
Originally posted by YellowJacket:
pic of my house in the snow last friday. this was early... we ended up with around 6" total.

Nice house for an architect. The dentils above the door really add nice detail. Cannot tell from the pic, but do the columns have the entasis?

Thanks. Yes, they are slightly curved. They're fluted and made out of wood. House was built in 1966. Columns are out of proportion... they're too skinny. And it could use proper entablature beneath the pediment, but otherwise it has a stately quality that is usually seen in bigger houses.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: YellowJacket,

I'm gonna vote for the funniest frog with the loudest croak on the highest log.

Posts: 10473 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Leeann:
quote:
Originally posted by P250UA5:
Well, imageshack works, but they're HUGE. Will try to edit them down a bit & get the F40 & LaFerrari up too.

Edit: Fixed....

Try postimages.org - you can select what size they resize your image to for posting.

Already fixed via imageshack. I had used the direct host link, which auto-resizes on another forum I'm on.
Didn't notice the separate link to select a different size to direct link.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15154 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cxm
posted Hide Post
That is a fine looking BHP...

I'm guessing it is a 'C' or 'T' series?

V/r

Chuck

quote:
Originally posted by NavyGuy:
New pic of my old BHP

Hoist on High the Bonny Blue Flag that Bears the Single Star!!!

Certified SIG Armorer
Certified Glock Armorer

Posts: 1346 | Location: Florida, CSA | Registered: September 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Busier than a cat covering
crap on a marble floor
Picture of Z06
posted Hide Post

This is my 2011 gun show find: $375 private sale from a vendor that was selling Ma Deuce parts in the "machine gun" building.

I went out later and bought a lottery ticket as it must have been my lucky day!

1 out of 2 is fine.

Posts: 3998 | Location: AZ | Registered: July 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
crap on a marble floor
Picture of Z06
posted Hide Post
Early 12/23/17 morning: looking ENE

Posts: 3998 | Location: AZ | Registered: July 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of UTsig
posted Hide Post
On Sunday, the 24th, we did a little exploring on backroad road we never explored before. found some nice Petrified Wood, Agate and Bentonite Hills. Merry Christmas!!

Bentonite Hills:

Scattered Petrified Wood:

"Nature scares me" a quote by my friend Bob after a rough day at sea.

Posts: 3388 | Location: Utah's Dixie | Registered: January 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
A friend of mine gave me a Canon 20D with a 17-85mm AF IS lens. Yesterday was the day I finally chose to familiarize myself with it. A couple of my attempts:

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My hypocrisy goes only so far
Picture of GrumpyBiker
posted Hide Post
A hand carved sign I'm finishing up for my wife's classroom.

U.S.M.C.
VFW-8054
III%

"Never let a Wishbone grow where a Backbone should be "

Posts: 6931 | Location: Central,Ohio | Registered: December 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
A new addition to my Christmas lights this year--a crape myrtle tree at the street:

DSC_5183.jpg
by David Casteel, on Flickr

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
Playing with the new EF 100-300mm f/4.5-5.6 USM lens I just received for my 20D, I caught this:

Not the most fascinating photo I've ever taken Razz I wanted to catch him while he was dumping the can, but, by the time I saw them next door, got to the camera, got the lens cap off, got to the front door, got it open and got the lens on him, he was just getting on the step. Got focus just as the truck was getting into motion and *snap*.

That's about 100' away. Sky is overcast.

Model: Canon EOS 20D
Lens: EF 100-300mm f/4.5-5.6 USM
Date and Time: 2017:12:29 13:42:22
Exposure Time: 1/640 sec.
F-Number: f/9.0
Exposure Program: Normal program
ISO Speed Ratings: 400
Metering Mode: Pattern
Flash: Flash did not fire, compulsory flash mode
Focal Length: 300.0 mm
Exposure Mode: Auto exposure
White Balance: Auto white balance

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
^^^ "Advanced Disposal" is using manual loading, which was abandoned in most places about 15 to 20 years ago.

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 10861 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Glenn
posted Hide Post

Posts: 614 | Registered: January 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
Nice ride, nice photo, Glenn.

Picture of Newf
posted Hide Post

Posts: 920 | Location: Canada | Registered: June 05, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Newf
posted Hide Post
My backyard 01 Jan 2018...Happy New Year! Smile

Posts: 920 | Location: Canada | Registered: June 05, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
This little guy was more hungry than he was afraid of me and my camera Smile

Picture of kimberkid
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Newf:
My backyard 01 Jan 2018...Happy New Year! Smile
<SNIP>

I'd love to have a back yard like that!
(as long as I didn't have to go anywhere, had plenty of solar power and internet!)

If you really want something you'll find a way ...
... if you don't you'll find an excuse.

I'm really not a "kid" anymore ... but I haven't grown up yet either Wink

Posts: 5700 | Registered: January 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Newf
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kimberkid:

I'd love to have a back yard like that!
(as long as I didn't have to go anywhere, had plenty of solar power and internet!)

Thanks! I don't have solar power, but do have a wood stove and dogs - better heat than solar, and dogs are better entertainment that the 'net LOL!

crap on a marble floor
Picture of Z06
posted Hide Post
Dec. 3, 2018 - 7:02am - 62ºF

Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Z06:
Dec. 3, 2018 - 7:02am - 62ºF

- 62ºF!!! Good Lord.

Big Grin

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post