SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Gallery    What did you photograph today?
Page 1 ... 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 ... 146
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What did you photograph today? Login/Join 
Ice age heat wave,
cant complain.
Picture of MikeGLI
posted Hide Post

NRA Life Member
Steak: Rare. Coffee: Black. Bourbon: Neat.

Posts: 9676 | Location: Orlando, Florida | Registered: July 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
Nice, Mike!

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
Snapped this one of my friend Bentley earlier this evening.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Busier than a cat covering
crap on a marble floor
Picture of Z06
posted Hide Post
^Beautiful kitty.

Posts: 3999 | Location: AZ | Registered: July 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of UTsig
posted Hide Post
Winter 4x4 Jamboree, Hurricane, UT

Our group:

Some of other participants:

"Nature scares me" a quote by my friend Bob after a rough day at sea.

Posts: 3388 | Location: Utah's Dixie | Registered: January 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Always been a fan of those boxy Cherokees.
Nice shooting!

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15154 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of C-Dubs
posted Hide Post
Thought this looked nice as I left work today.

“Oh say can you see...”

“I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them.”

Posts: 2863 | Location: SE WI | Registered: October 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ice age heat wave,
cant complain.
Picture of MikeGLI
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:
Nice, Mike!

Thank you, Sir. I'll be honest, the iPhone has spoiled me with picture taking. I seldom carry my gear anymore, which is a shame. This creature was nice enough to let me get close and hang for a few minutes before I went about my business. But I would LOVED to have had my 70-200.

NRA Life Member
Steak: Rare. Coffee: Black. Bourbon: Neat.

Posts: 9676 | Location: Orlando, Florida | Registered: July 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Duck Doctor
Picture of reconair
posted Hide Post
M51 the Whirlpool Galaxy - photographed last week end.

US Army, Retired
NRA Golden Eagle Life Member

‘‘Are we at last brought to such humiliating and debasing degradation, that we cannot be trusted with arms for our defense? ... If our defense be the real object of having those arms, in whose hands can they be trusted with more propriety, or equal safety to us, as in our own hands?’’

— Patrick Henry

Posts: 576 | Location: Near Lake Anna, Virginia | Registered: April 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
Was just getting ready to head for a workout, yesterday, when I spotted our friendly neighbourhood Sandhill Cranes. Quickly rushed inside, grabbed the camera and swapped-in the 100-300mm telephoto lens.

Got a few keepers. This is my favourite of the bunch.

Rumors of my death
are greatly exaggerated
Picture of coloradohunter44
posted Hide Post
Took this in Oregon at Coos Bay while watching for our passengers to arrive.

"Someday I hope to be half the man my bird-dog thinks I am."

FBLM LGB!

Posts: 10895 | Location: Commirado | Registered: July 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
crap on a marble floor
Picture of Z06
posted Hide Post
Four 1947 K-frames

Just added yesterday the K-22 Masterpiece on the left. 3 are November '47 ship dates, the 4" M&P .38 is a January '47.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Z06,

Posts: 3999 | Location: AZ | Registered: July 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Kuisis
posted Hide Post
I have a K-22 that shipped in December of 1947. Nice LERK.

Posts: 1129 | Location: Washington PA | Registered: November 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
crap on a marble floor
Picture of Z06
posted Hide Post
K-22s are fun shooters. The LERK ended with K 5000, both of mine are post LERK.

Here is a new pic from this am:

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Z06,

Picture of just1tym
posted Hide Post
Gotta love the bluing on those Smith's, beautiful collection Z06!

Regards, Will G.

Posts: 9660 | Location: 140 mi to Margaritaville, FL | Registered: January 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
crap on a marble floor
Picture of Z06
posted Hide Post
Thanks Will. I've only been looking for one this nice AND with this shipping date (month/year) for 6+ years. Unicorn/grail gun.

Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by coloradohunter44:
Took this in Oregon at Coos Bay while watching for our passengers to arrive.

Looks like a Dauphin. A very competent airship. Maryland SP used to use them for every air event, back in the 1990's. The Dauphin's were based a the same place my wife was stationed for horse and motor for the Md Park Police.

Posts: 10778 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The Dauphin's were damned cool helos.

The LZ for local accidents was 3 yards away until the property was sold for townhomes, so we got to see them close up a lot.

Nothing else sounds like a Dauphin.

Sig P226 .40 S&W
Sig SP2022 9mm
RIA 1911 Gov't .45
...and more

Posts: 719 | Location: Maryland | Registered: April 30, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
9 feet seems way way too close , Eek
must have been hell when you had cloths out on the line

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54502 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
Thought I'd catch some small birds on the feeders this morning. Got back to the door wall with the camera. Something had spooked 'em and they had all split.

A variety of squirrels were still harvesting what the birds had dropped, though. Was moving to open the door wall when one squirrel got up on the edge of the raised garden and posed. There was no way he was going to hold that while I got door and screen open, then poked the camera out, so I snapped this through the less-than-sparkling-clean low-E glass. Turned out much better than I'd expected it would.