SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Gallery    What did you photograph today?
Page 1 ... 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 ... 146
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What did you photograph today? Login/Join 
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
Is that a gargoyle in #2?

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of UTsig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by flashguy:
Is that a gargoyle in #2?

flashguy

Good eye, I was wondering if anyone would see it. The rock formations in this area make your imagination go wild!

"Nature scares me" a quote by my friend Bob after a rough day at sea.

Posts: 3397 | Location: Utah's Dixie | Registered: January 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of kimberkid
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by UTsig:
Good eye, I was wondering if anyone would see it. The rock formations in this area make your imagination go wild!

Whew ... that's a relief ... I thought I was seeing Santa and reindeer in #3

If you really want something you'll find a way ...
... if you don't you'll find an excuse.

I'm really not a "kid" anymore ... but I haven't grown up yet either Wink

Posts: 5707 | Registered: January 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of UTsig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kimberkid:
quote:
Originally posted by UTsig:

Whew ... that's a relief ... I thought I was seeing Santa and reindeer in #3

How about these in the same area, taken a couple of years ago.

"Nature scares me" a quote by my friend Bob after a rough day at sea.

Posts: 3397 | Location: Utah's Dixie | Registered: January 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of kimberkid
posted Hide Post
Cool "pissed off guy with other little guy standing on his nose" and "turtle"!

Some day soon we (the family) need to take a road trip to show those kind of things to my 16yo daughter Abby ... at least once a year my wife takes her to her home town in Chadron Nebraska to visit her family ... because of those trips we seldom go anywhere else.

When I was a kid, every year we'd pack up the car and go on vacations ... I'd love to revisit the caves in Missouri, 7-falls and other attractions in Colorado, including the Colorado River into the Grand Canyon, Painted Desert and Petrified Forest ... London Bridge and metor crator in Az and of course rock formations like you have pictured in Utah and Nevada and of course Hoover Dam!

Picture of Newf
posted Hide Post

Posts: 920 | Location: Canada | Registered: June 05, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Busier than a cat covering
crap on a marble floor
Picture of Z06
posted Hide Post

Posts: 4028 | Location: AZ | Registered: July 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
Newf, those are wicked-looking bullets!

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Newf
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by flashguy:
Newf, those are wicked-looking bullets!

flashguy

Nothing exotic, just some 200gn XTP's from a recent batch I loaded - perspective and shadowing in the cylinders made 'em look a bit odd Smile

Posts: 920 | Location: Canada | Registered: June 05, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
Great picture!
quote:
Originally posted by Newf:

Posts: 13812 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Newf
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CQB60:
Great picture!

Thanks!

posted Hide Post
Got a new Sony a7ii with kit 28-70mm, waiting for my adaptor to get here so I can run my Canon glass and some vintage m42 glass on it.

Untitled by cxcxsx, on Flickr

Posts: 2170 | Location: Atlanta  | Registered: February 09, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Two weeks ago my gf's dad decided his new retired way of life wouldn't accommodate their family dog they've had 8+ years. As the gf couldn't allow her late mom's dog to go to a stranger, we now have a 2nd fur baby in our studio apt. But so far, all is going well.

Untitled by cxcxsx, on Flickr

Posts: 2170 | Location: Atlanta  | Registered: February 09, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Newf
posted Hide Post

Picture of kimberkid
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by modestglock26:
Two weeks ago my gf's dad decided his new retired way of life wouldn't accommodate their family dog they've had 8+ years. As the gf couldn't allow her late mom's dog to go to a stranger, we now have a 2nd fur baby in our studio apt. But so far, all is going well.

Such a cutie ... and good for you.
Maybe he's not be a dog person ... or maybe knowing the inevitable, he's removing the future heartbreak that is sure to come.

My black lab is 9 and while she still thinks she's a puppy, I know she doesn't have many active years left in her ... its heart breaking but she'll be with us to the end.

It would be a sad day for me to let one of our furry kids go because "it doesn't fit into my life" ... I'd venture to say it would never happen, but I'm not in his shoes.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kimberkid:
quote:
Originally posted by modestglock26:

Such a cutie ... and good for you.
Maybe he's not be a dog person ... or maybe knowing the inevitable, he's removing the future heartbreak that is sure to come.

My black lab is 9 and while she still thinks she's a puppy, I know she doesn't have many active years left in her ... its heart breaking but she'll be with us to the end.

It would be a sad day for me to let one of our furry kids go because "it doesn't fit into my life" ... I'd venture to say it would never happen, but I'm not in his shoes.

I'm not wanting to sound like an asshole about him. This was a family dog for 8-9 years. Last year, my gf's mother passed away to cancer. We all went through a lot. Since the time, he has sold their family house, and is now engaged to a woman who will barely interact with anyone in the family. We met her once with my daughter for a beach trip over Memorial Day with them and she left in the middle of the night cause she was upset over some childish crap. Left a great impression.

Well, her beach condo doesn't allow dogs and he decided to move over to her area and he found himself a dog friendly condo across the street. That's great, but when he left her there alone all day and all night to party with her (keep in mind they are both about 70) she started barking and he couldn't see keeping her as being an option.

As he gave away sentimental stuff that was promised to my gf and her twin sister by their mother, he decided he would give the dog away as well. We stepped in to prevent her from going to a complete stranger.

I know, he lost his wife and it is not my place to really say crap, I just know that Rose(the puggle in question) also lost family and a home and is probably pretty sad about all of it as well.

I don't want to blame him or be ugly, and I know this is probably best left to the rant forum, but trust me I've done some ranting in there about his actions as well.

So, we have two dogs now, about 450 square feet, and her snoring keeps me awake most nights. But it isn't bad. She's pretty dang cute.

posted Hide Post
Nasty and grey out. Using the Canon FD 200mm 2.8 SSC manual on the Sony with my adaptor. Focus peaking and stabilization definitely help when using this thing handheld.

_DSC0221-2 by cxcxsx, on Flickr

Busier than a cat covering
crap on a marble floor
Picture of Z06
posted Hide Post

Posts: 4028 | Location: AZ | Registered: July 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Newf
posted Hide Post

posted Hide Post
When your car and tag are on point
_DSC0253-2 by cxcxsx, on Flickr