SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Gallery    What did you photograph today?
Page 1 ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ... 146
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What did you photograph today? Login/Join 
posted Hide Post

Backyard friend.

http://i204.photobucket.com/al...ed-1_zpsff0547b9.jpg

New partner.

I may be old, but I'm slow.
GGTG

Posts: 5 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: January 27, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Duck Doctor
Picture of reconair
posted Hide Post
I photographed Copernicus in my backyard last night.

I gave Saturn a go as well.

US Army, Retired
NRA Golden Eagle Life Member

‘‘Are we at last brought to such humiliating and debasing degradation, that we cannot be trusted with arms for our defense? ... If our defense be the real object of having those arms, in whose hands can they be trusted with more propriety, or equal safety to us, as in our own hands?’’

— Patrick Henry

Posts: 576 | Location: Near Lake Anna, Virginia | Registered: April 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm not laughing
WITH you
Picture of Rolan_Kraps
posted Hide Post
This.
Fortunately, not mine.

Rolan Kraps
SASS Regulator
Gainesville, Georgia.
NRA Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Instructor - Pistol / Personal Protection Inside the Home

Posts: 23577 | Location: Gainesville, GA | Registered: October 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vemon
posted Hide Post
Moscow after the heat

Posts: 545 | Location: Moscow,Russia | Registered: December 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Chem Geek
posted Hide Post
Just a cellphone pic, but I like it. Smile

When life closes a door, open it. It's a door. That's how they work.

Posts: 2451 | Location: Riverview, FL | Registered: February 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dkv
posted Hide Post
The view from our hotel:

My bride of 11 years:

Our youngest:

Posts: 3155 | Location: Connecticut Shoreline | Registered: March 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
Took the camera out this morning and got a couple of good shots. I hate Photobucket because it degrades the detail. Oh well.

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Busier than a cat covering
crap on a marble floor
Picture of Z06
posted Hide Post

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Z06,

Posts: 3997 | Location: AZ | Registered: July 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
I love the Osprey pic Jimbo. We don't see them very often.

That's some N frame there Z06. Full target trigger and hammer and its not mimmed. The nickel and dark smooth square butts are just beautiful sir. I lubs the checkered top strap and sight plane. You've been posting up some beauties all through this photo topic. Really enjoy seeing them.

Posts: 17891 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
crap on a marble floor
Picture of Z06
posted Hide Post
Thank you David Lee.

Posts: 3997 | Location: AZ | Registered: July 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by David Lee:

That's some N frame there Z06. Full target trigger and hammer and its not mimmed. The nickel and dark smooth square butts are just beautiful sir. I lubs the checkered top strap and sight plane. You've been posting up some beauties all through this photo topic. Really enjoy seeing them.

David, there are a few Osprey nests in the area here but its tough to get decent shots of them because of the height of the nests. I'm going to go back this morning and try for more pics.

Z06, that is a gorgeous M29. I had one just like it except that it had the stock checkered target grips. Regretfully it got stolen in '84' and I never replaced it.

David, do you have new pics of the Robin babies?

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
crap on a marble floor
Picture of Z06
posted Hide Post
The 1967 Utah Highway Patrol M27-2 3.5” blued companion to the nickel ’71 M27-2 above:

Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
Well, I hit the jackpot at the Osprey nest this morning. They were busy doing maintenance and I got some great shots of them adding sticks.

The first 3 are of the male and the last is the female.

Jim

crap on a marble floor
Picture of Z06
posted Hide Post
Great shots of the SEAHAWKS Jim.

(former WA resident & current Seattle fan)

7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jimbo54:
quote:

David, there are a few Osprey nests in the area here but its tough to get decent shots of them because of the height of the nests. I'm going to go back this morning and try for more pics.

Z06, that is a gorgeous M29. I had one just like it except that it had the stock checkered target grips. Regretfully it got stolen in '84' and I never replaced it.

David, do you have new pics of the Robin babies?

Jim

I didn't get more shots of them. It is the first time I have ever seen them leave the nest. They flew pretty good. One bird was hit out in the road by a car a few days later. The hen is still feeding one of them and its almost a full size bird.

Posts: 17891 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Z06:
The 1967 Utah Highway Patrol M27-2 3.5” blued companion to the nickel ’71 M27-2 above:

It's perfect Z06. Even got the Baughman front blade. I doubt S&W will ever make them that nice again.

7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
Very nice pictures Jimbo54. We have nests about 80 miles north west of here. They are very large. I have not seen a single bird in them but am told they are there. Curious how you get up high enough to photo them?

Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
quote:
Very nice pictures Jimbo54. We have nests about 80 miles north west of here. They are very large. I have not seen a single bird in them but am told they are there. Curious how you get up high enough to photo them?

There is a slight rise about 80-90 yards from the nest that allows me to get a little flatter shot. I'm using a Nikkor 70-300mm lens on a D5300 Nikon that has a 24.2 MP cropped sensor. That equates to a 375mm max focal length. The combination allows me to really crop in tight. The only post shot editing I did was to crop them. Next time I'm there I'll take a shot that represents the true distance for you to compare. I'm really loving this new camera! Big Grin

Z06, I see that I mistakenly thought that the first shots you posted is a M29. That is a super looking M27.

Jim

Rumors of my death
are greatly exaggerated
Picture of coloradohunter44
posted Hide Post
Western Nebraska at 5am.

"Someday I hope to be half the man my bird-dog thinks I am."

FBLM LGB!

Posts: 10895 | Location: Commirado | Registered: July 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Told cops where to go for over 29 years…
Picture of 911Boss
posted Hide Post
Sunset on the way to work a couple days ago...

Snohomish Sunset by Lone-Rider, on Flickr

What part of "...Shall not be infringed" don't you understand???

Posts: 10917 | Location: Western WA state for just a few more years... | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post