SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Gallery    Today at Alligator River NWR (new photos added July 20, 2019)
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Today at Alligator River NWR (new photos added July 20, 2019) Login/Join 
Truth Wins
Picture of Micropterus
posted
Otters in real life are not cute. Oh, they may be playful on Wild Kingdom. But in real life, these things a big bruisers who look like they could put a hurtin' on you if you tangled with one. This guy was diving and catching big crayfish and eating them whole.

Frogs out in force.

A Great Blue Heron and a couple of Egrets

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Micropterus,

Posts: 4285 | Location: In The Swamp | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of IndianaMike
posted Hide Post
thanks for sharing

Posts: 1596 | Location: NORTHEAST INDIANA | Registered: August 18, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Living my life my way
Picture of molachi
posted Hide Post
Nice pics. Thanks for posting.

Posts: 1756 | Location: The Backyard of Nowhere | Registered: August 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yes, thanks for posting these great shots. A pleasure to see.

Posts: 140 | Registered: May 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
Great photos. Thank you for sharing.

God bless America.

Posts: 13427 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
As always great pics. The Bullfrog and the Leopard frog are the two most common frogs L've seen in this area.

Those bullfrogs can get ridiculously huge. There used to be tons of them at Botanical gardens.

Posts: 1063 | Location: hampton roads, va. | Registered: October 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Wins
Picture of Micropterus
posted Hide Post
Some new photos from yesterday.

This is the sign that marks Bear Road. The bears don't seem to have a problem vandalizing it. Nor do poachers.

Some friendly wildlife, including a shy Mud Turtle.

Some of the flora.

I like this old hunter's shack.

Posts: 4285 | Location: In The Swamp | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
So bears don't crap in the woods, they do it in the pasture. Cool pics

Posts: 5302 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Wins
Picture of Micropterus
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BigSwede:
So bears don't crap in the woods, they do it in the pasture.

And on the road. Enormous turds. You can see them from 100 yards away more.

Truth Wins
Picture of Micropterus
posted Hide Post
Bears play in the cool of a heavy rain

Mamma with three cubs the size of pomeranians

Throwin sparks
makin knives
Picture of sybo
posted Hide Post
Great pictures!!

Posts: 6203 | Location: Nashville Tn | Registered: October 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Wins
Picture of Micropterus
posted Hide Post
I've already spent a lot of time there this year. I spent more time on Thursday. It was incredibly hot and humid. The bears must have felt it, too. I only saw one, a bear 2 or 3 years old.

Looking down Bear Rd. The road where I had my up close encounter with a 500-600 lb bear.

Looking northwest up Milltail Creek. No alligators seen. Frown

I found this PBS video on Alligator River NWR.

If anyone visits the Outer Banks (OBX) and wants to take a tour, let me know and I'll share some sweet spots with you.

posted Hide Post
amazing pictures....wow

Posts: 119 | Location: Ashland Ohio | Registered: December 30, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post