SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Gallery    Picked up a safe queen: P229 Blue Piranha!
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Picked up a safe queen: P229 Blue Piranha! Login/Join 
Picture of Mech
posted
Well, I done gone and bought something kinda silly: a new-to-me SIG P229 Blue Piranha in 9mm! It popped up on GB for a price that I thought was well worth it, particularly for a pistol which only 500 were supposedly made (not sure if true, don't care...lol).

This one is used with some minor wear here and there but overall very clean, apparently shot a few times then stowed away. One of the grip screws has a LOT of Loctite Red all over it and I've heard of cautions against using alcohol to clean off PVD coatings so...yeah.

I know many will consider the shiny blue PVD coating to be gawdy a f, but I guess I should be thankful to be financially able to justify what I can only call a "safe queen" pistol i.e. kinda frivolous purchase...will need to take it out to the range at some point but yeah, it'll probably be my safe queen until I acquire my holy grail #2: Kimber Sapphire Pro...

And then...I went and did something that I still feel very icky about...

Yeah, I like the color blue, can anyone tell? Big Grin

Posts: 1160 | Location: SW Washington, Support Sporting Systems! | Registered: March 27, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Newf
posted Hide Post
Bahhh, don't worry about validation - if you like it, you like it! I'm more into red myself lol Razz

Posts: 920 | Location: Canada | Registered: June 05, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Mech
posted Hide Post
Dang, throw a shiny red PVD coating on a P229 and I'd buy that too ! Big Grin

Posts: 1160 | Location: SW Washington, Support Sporting Systems! | Registered: March 27, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of T.Webb
posted Hide Post
Sah-wheeett !!!!

"Tonight, we are a country awakened to danger and called to defend freedom. Our grief has turned to anger and anger to resolution. Whether we bring our enemies to justice or bring justice to our enemies, justice will be done". {George W. Bush, Post 9/11}

Posts: 842 | Location: Long Island, N.Y. / Stephentown, N.Y. | Registered: March 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Living my life my way
Picture of molachi
posted Hide Post
Nice looking for sure.

Posts: 1756 | Location: The Backyard of Nowhere | Registered: August 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frequent Denizen
of the Twilight Zone
Picture of SIGWolf
posted Hide Post
That blue slide is definitely a slippery slope! Smile

Actually, I rather like the blue frame with the blue slide. I think it makes it look better to me.

I'd also change out the grips for some blue/black pattern or something like that in G10.

The straight trigger is also a nice touch.

Too much?? Hey, GO BIG OR GO HOME!!

Or something like this if you could find them for the P229.

Posts: 17342 | Location: Northern Vermont | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post