SIGforum
Take the time to update photos please

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/9666031561/m/6580082084

March 07, 2021, 06:36 PM
p08
Take the time to update photos please
I noticed this a lot in "Post pictures of" threads. Most recently I was looking at the Sig box thread and noticed well over half the pics are gone because of broken links. When Photo Bucket started charging I like other dropped them and went to other hosting sites. I then would when I noticed, update my pics. I think it would help the forum if everyone would take the time to do this.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: p08,

-------------------------------------
Always the pall bearer, never the corpse.
March 14, 2021, 06:15 PM
flashguy
Isn't there a cutoff time after which updates to threads aren't possible?

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth
March 15, 2021, 08:55 AM
P250UA5
quote:
Originally posted by flashguy:
Isn't there a cutoff time after which updates to threads aren't possible?

flashguy

I believe, as long as a thread isn't locked, you can edit indefinitely, on here.
Some other forums I'm on, it's something like a 15 minute window to edit.

The Enemy's gate is down.
March 15, 2021, 08:06 PM
P220 Smudge
That thread is over ten years old. Do I understand you correctly that you’re suggesting that people go through years of their old posts to update broken image links with newly hosted pictures? I can’t speak for everyone, but I surely don’t have time for that.

What you’re complaining about is simply the reality of the internet since it began, and what you’re asking is unrealistic, at best.

April 01, 2021, 02:46 PM
p08
quote:
Originally posted by P220 Smudge:
That thread is over ten years old. Do I understand you correctly that you’re suggesting that people go through years of their old posts to update broken image links with newly hosted pictures? I can’t speak for everyone, but I surely don’t have time for that.

What you’re complaining about is simply the reality of the internet since it began, and what you’re asking is unrealistic, at best.

Well I am not actually "complaining" not sure where you came up with that? I am referring to the tacked threads to update photos. It's really not that hard, I did it in a few minutes. What is the point of a tacked thread with all the info missing? Yes that thread is old, but if now useless then it needs removed.

-------------------------------------
Always the pall bearer, never the corpse.