SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Gallery    Latest build - 1100hp corvette - low 9 second ford gt killer
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Latest build - 1100hp corvette - low 9 second ford gt killer Login/Join 
Cat Whisperer
Picture of cmr076
posted
First off. I had to poke a bit of fun at our ford loving members (even if they do still play with ponies). Hi all! I’ve been MIA for a while; between trying to finish remodeling our house and our first baby due September, I’ve had a lot going on! I wanted to give you guys a quick update, and share a recent build I’m in the middle of (a few members seem to like my car build threads). This ones a bit different; the bulk of the cars I do are of the exotic variety, it’s been a while since I’ve done a top to bottom build and I was itching to get another one in the works. This c7 z06 is a car that in 2016 I did a procharger f1a kit on with Brian tooley cam, kooks 1 7/8 headers, dual nozzle methanol injection, Etc. The car was fast, made 775hp @ the wheels, didn’t get traction, but was overall fun to drive. I called the owner and ran a few ideas by him; he was 100% onboard. I got the parts ordered and built, picked the car up and got to work.

The first upgrade was to delete the magnetic ride, and put in a set of JRZ RS-PRO double adjustable coilovers with external reservoirs, and custom spring rates. These are really badass shocks, you have the ability to adjust the compression and rebound individually remotely via the external reservoir to really dial in the suspension for a better launch and traction. To go with the coilovers, I ditched the factory z07 wheels and r888r tires in favor of a set of Forgeline GA1r competition wheels in a 18x12 in the back, and a 19x10 in the front (fitting 18” wheels on the back of this thing while keeping the stock carbon brakes and not having to modify the calipers was interesting haha).

On the power side, we decided to go balls to the wall. We’re ditching the f1a blower and intended on doing the new f1a94 procharger offers (much more efficient version of the current supercharger), but ended up going with an f1x (1300+ hp capable supercharger), we got rid of the procharger sheetmetal manifold in favor of a 6061-T6 billet aluminum manifold from a company called Late Model Engines, with a 102mm throttle body. I’m having them machine the manifold to accept a second set of injectors to complement the direct injected oem fuel setup (similar to the 2019 Zr1 fuel system). From there it’s going to a company called pro-meth to have methanol nozzles plumbed into the runners for what is called port methanol injection. For the other end of the fueling system, I’m adding three fore innovation 450lph fuel pumps with their full fuel system, and a Crawford racing port injection control setup that uses a Holley dominator ecu (sorry if this is a different language.. basically I’m putting massive fuel lines in with a lot of fuel pumps and a ton of big injectors, with methanol nozzles spraying into each intake runner, and a dedicated computer to control it all, more or less).

Lastly, I’m swapping out the 1 7/8” headers for ones with 2” primary pipes, and having the heads pulled to send to Late Model Engines (LME, the guys making the billet intake manifold). They’re going to clean/measure the chamber volume/install bronze valve guides, port the intake and exhaust runners as well as combustion chamber on their 5 axis HAAS machine. With the porting done they blend the valves into the port work by hand, back cut the intake valves and put in stainless one piece exhaust valves, then re-measure the volume and mill the head to get the volume where we want it.

I’m still waiting on parts to arrive, but when it’s all said and done it should make well over 1000hp at the wheels and run low to mid 9’s (traction dependent). When it’s all wrapped up, I’ll be taking it to the track to see what kind of 1/4 mile and 1/2 mile numbers it puts down. His rs7 I did bigger turbos and meth on was pretty surprising in both dyno numbers and 1/2 mile mph.

Finally, what you came here for Big Grin the pictures! When the car arrived, the wheels and coilovers came in, my Mini Cooper weighed down with tires lol (shipped them to my other shop by accident), the coilovers installed, the billet intake manifold with secondary injectors (not my actual manifold, mines still being made), and finally, how the engine bay will look with the bigger blower/intake etc.

I’ll update as parts roll in... if you have any questions, I’m happy to go as in depth as you guys can put up with!

How she sat when I brought her back in from the last round of modifications

url=https://ibb.co/kfE84T] [/url]
[ur

travel poem

Wheels on, still need to dial in the suspension

travel poem
travel poem

This message has been edited. Last edited by: cmr076,

------------------------------------

├┼┼╕
246R

Posts: 3901 | Location: SE PA | Registered: November 13, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knows too little
about too much
Picture of rduckwor
posted Hide Post
YOW!!! Hope the owner owns stock in Goodyear!

Nice!

RMD

TL Davis: “The Second Amendment is special, not because it protects guns, but because its violation signals a government with the intention to oppress its people…”
Remember: After the first one, the rest are free.

Posts: 20319 | Location: L.A. - Lower Alabama | Registered: April 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Throwin sparks
makin knives
Picture of sybo
posted Hide Post
WE DESPERATELY NEED SOME AUDIO OF THIS BEAST LAUNCHING PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!

Posts: 6203 | Location: Nashville Tn | Registered: October 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
I'm glad you're back. I've always enjoyed your builds and this one is monumental!
I agree with the audio or video idea.

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Cool! Love your posts.

Posts: 2044 | Registered: September 19, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cat Whisperer
Picture of cmr076
posted Hide Post
Thanks guys. It’s just been one of those years so far.. I can’t wait to meet out first kid though! I’ll work on video, the suspensions back apart currently, but I think I do have some of the first time we tuned it

├┼┼╕
246R

Posts: 3901 | Location: SE PA | Registered: November 13, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cat Whisperer
Picture of cmr076
posted Hide Post

├┼┼╕
246R

Picture of lugerguards
posted Hide Post
yeah, Badass.

Nothing here to see!

Posts: 1865 | Location: Will County, Illinois | Registered: October 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PowerSurge
posted Hide Post
With enough money, just about any car can be built to defeat another car. And this is coming from a Corvette owner.

———————————————
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Psalm 14:1

Posts: 3963 | Location: Northeast Georgia | Registered: November 18, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cat Whisperer
Picture of cmr076
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PowerSurge:
With enough money, just about any car can be built to defeat another car. And this is coming from a Corvette owner.

Bench racing on the internet is half the fun of building a car these days!

├┼┼╕
246R

High standards,
low expectations
Picture of Surefire
posted Hide Post
Amazing build. I’m so jealous of what you do.

The reward for hard work, is more hard work arcwelder76, 2013

Posts: 5252 | Location: Edmonton AB, Canada | Registered: July 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Greymann
posted Hide Post
Super bad ass.

Posts: 1550 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: March 21, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That is gorgeous. I have had a few Vettes over the years but nothing as nice or fast as that one.

Posts: 6871 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
chickenshit
Picture of rsbolo
posted Hide Post
That is just incredible. I really enjoy your posts.

Posts: 8000 | Location: East Central FL | Registered: January 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ozarkwoods
posted Hide Post
Wow, what a build, keeping rubber on those rear meats will be a challenge!

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 4829 | Location: SWMO | Registered: October 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Fantastic build!

Great perspective pic on the size of the tires.

What was the ballpark price for just the tires?

Posts: 326 | Registered: January 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rustpot
posted Hide Post
Nice photo of the tires in the Mini. I know I can get 3 of my Mini's wheels on the folded rear seats with 1 in the boot cargo area and some room to spare, so that's crazy to see two tires taking up that whole space.

Posts: 6030 | Location: Romeo, MI | Registered: January 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post