SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Gallery    Should I leave well enough alone?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Should I leave well enough alone? Login/Join 
Balaam's Ass
Picture of Vero8
posted
I started out with a Remington 870 Police trade in.

Damn near a year later, I get my stamp and add a 14inch Remington barrel with rifle sights and a Wilson Combat plus on mag extension.

Where she is now aesthetics wise, is better than I expected...Soooo

Question:
What's next? Should I...

Choices:
Add a leather cheek rest for the 'Road Warrior' look?
DuraCoat, Magpul, Lasers, etc. 'Buck Rogers' look?
Add brass accents, faux gauges, and go 'Steampunk'?

God bless America...and no one else

Posts: 4396 | Location: Georgia | Registered: August 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
I have one identical to it.

It's perfect as it is.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34084 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of leftnose
posted Hide Post
Do nothing. Perfect as is.

Posts: 647 | Location: N. Illinois | Registered: December 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Avoiding
slam fires
Picture of 45 Cal
posted Hide Post
leave it the hell alone and do not be doing a detail strip and clean.
That thing has springs and you springs do not like each other Wink

Posts: 22407 | Location: Georgia | Registered: February 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
It's a tool. Leave it as is. Do you add frilly ribbons to your hammer?

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knows too little
about too much
Picture of rduckwor
posted Hide Post
That's a nice hurt stick. It will put a whippin' on somebody if necessary!

RMD

TL Davis: “The Second Amendment is special, not because it protects guns, but because its violation signals a government with the intention to oppress its people…”
Remember: After the first one, the rest are free.

Posts: 20303 | Location: L.A. - Lower Alabama | Registered: April 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I like shorter stocks and as I find the factory stock too long with the recoil pad on it, I would replace pad with a old school flat butt plate ( do this to all my shotguns) but otherwise leave it

Posts: 3268 | Location: Finally free in AZ! | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
a custom made stock to fit your exact dimensions
, shes pretty as is, though.

then have a master craftsman carve "wonderboy"
on one side of the stock

with a lightening bolt

This message has been edited. Last edited by: bendable,

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54501 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
It's a beaut! Leave it as is

Posts: 5302 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
Another vote for leave it as is

Posts: 26852 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of hi-power man
posted Hide Post
Mine looks like your first photo. I've been fighting the urge to do any mods. Your second photo does not help the fight. I would leave it as it sits now.

High capacity is not an acceptable substitute for good marksmanship.

Posts: 867 | Location: Kentucky | Registered: December 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Experienced Slacker
posted Hide Post
Chop off the stock just aft of the grip and make it your edc.

I dare ya.

Posts: 7486 | Registered: May 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
One of two things. Depending on what you really want.

Huge vote for "Leave it as is!"
Possibly trim the stock down an inch or two. It's a beautiful scattergun!

The only other option I'd suggest would be the plastic Surefire foregrip, and short plastic stock. Wilson combat / scattergun technology or Magpul come to mind.

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8322 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Save today, so you can
buy tomorrow
posted Hide Post
I would leave it alone as it is. That thing is sexy. I have a Remington SBS, with the factory synthetic stock. I always wanted to have a Remington Police with a wood stock (exactly like your set up).

Seeing yours, I am now thinking of just changing the stock and forehand on my SBS and call it a day.

Posts: 1879 | Location: Las Vegas | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frequent Denizen
of the Twilight Zone
Picture of SIGWolf
posted Hide Post
A boom stick is a boom stick, shoot it!

Posts: 17342 | Location: Northern Vermont | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
That is way too sexy to change any further.

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15249 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The cake is a lie!
Picture of Nismo
posted Hide Post
I have a blued version trade-in from the 70s.

After going all sorts of different setups, I eventually went back to its original 20" setup.

If I could SBS, I would have it just like your second pic.

Posts: 7415 | Location: CA | Registered: April 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Man of few words

Picture of remsig
posted Hide Post
I agree with leaving it like it is.

Posts: 7859 | Location: NE Ohio | Registered: July 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Yes! All of these.

Looks great as it is.

The cheek rest could work as long as it blends well.
Find a laser (or light) that replaces the tube cap and isn't too obvious (think 1st Gen Kriss Vector).
Brass work would start with the trigger and sight bead. Wouldn't do much else as it gets spendy.

It's just me. I get bored and when things go on sale...

Posts: 9112 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Telecom Ronin
Picture of dewhorse
posted Hide Post
Perfect...love the wood

Posts: 8301 | Location: Back in NE TX ....to stay | Registered: February 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post