New
Find
Notify
Tools

Painting Login/Join 
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted
Just stumbled upon a Japanese ink painting I did a long time ago...

Shrike by kpkina, on Flickr

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16266 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Wins
Picture of Micropterus
posted Hide Post
Very nice.

Posts: 4285 | Location: In The Swamp | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
Beautiful work, k! I really like it a lot. Do you still paint?

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38599 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Busier than a cat covering
crap on a marble floor
Picture of Z06
posted Hide Post
Excellent work.

Posts: 3997 | Location: AZ | Registered: July 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Very nice!
Like the style and execution.

Jim

Posts: 1344 | Location: Southern Black Hills | Registered: September 14, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 6guns:
Beautiful work, k! I really like it a lot. Do you still paint?

Not really. Maybe will take it up again some day.

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16266 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of just1tym
posted Hide Post
Love it Kevin! I did a lot of pen, ink, and wash as an art major in my first years of college. I especially enjoyed working in that medium, charcoal was next up. I wish I still had some of those works. Well done Smile

Regards, Will G.

Posts: 9660 | Location: 140 mi to Margaritaville, FL | Registered: January 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of just1tym
posted Hide Post
Kevin, is that an 18x24"? If so why not frame and hang it?

There is one particular 18x24" that I did that is longgg gone, but if I still had it I'd definitely hang it.

We had one assignment that the class was to go out to the surrounding pine land perimeter of the college and find sticks from which to sketch a tree landscape using the sticks for pens and using ink as the medium...that was pretty cool.

Regards, Will G.

Posts: 9660 | Location: 140 mi to Margaritaville, FL | Registered: January 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
Yes, that definitely should be framed and hanging!

Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38599 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
Thanks, guys! Yes, it is in fact framed and hanging.

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Void Where Prohibited
Picture of WaterburyBob
posted Hide Post
Very nice. I like that a lot.

"If Gun Control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome" - Cam Edwards

Posts: 16488 | Location: Under the Boot of Tyranny in Connectistan | Registered: February 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of just1tym
posted Hide Post
Kev, any other artwork to post? Really enjoy seeing nice work!

Regards, Will G.

Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
I think I might have at my parents' and/or sister's houses. Will check next time I'm over.

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by just1tym:
Kev, any other artwork to post? Really enjoy seeing nice work!

I'd like to see more too.

Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
As luck would have it, I was just at my parents' house, and had a chance to snap this quick picture hanging in the bedroom. Sorry, the lighting's no good, but you get the idea.

Pinetree - 1 by kpkina, on Flickr

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Picture of just1tym
posted Hide Post
Fantastic Kevin! Really like it, a lot.

Your thread had be thinking way back down memory lane and my art classes with Ms. Curtis my favorite teacher in college. She always had the most creative assignments for us. I remembered one particular assignment where we had to black out our entire pages with the charcoal and draw with our erasers. The subject matter was a 8x8' table with all chrome and glass type objects. The chrome fire extinguisher, many different types of glass objects, silverware, shinny metal objects and parts. What a cool assignment that stood out in my memory. And drawing with various erasers was a nice touch, not to mention challenging. Those were some great days!

You have quite the talent Kevin, you should revisit it, if not for self enjoyment. I would but even my signature is sloppy since I had the brain injury sadly. I'd encourage you to Kevin..

Regards, Will G.

Picture of Tinyman
posted Hide Post
Beautiful. Wishing I was back in Okinawa -- they also had fantastic art.

If it's not too much trouble, keep posting.

Tinyman

Stupid people are like glo-sticks.
I want to shake the shit out of them
till the light comes on

Posts: 315 | Location: Leeds, Alabama | Registered: August 28, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
Thanks, guys. My sister's got a couple of my paintings, but I hardly ever visit her (what with us living in the same city and all. Wink)

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
Well, look what I found hiding in a frame...

Dove - 1 by kpkina, on Flickr

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Picture of just1tym
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kkina:
Well, look what I found hiding in a frame...

Dove - 1 by kpkina, on Flickr

Kevin, if I still could these days and had your talent I'd definitely give consideration to doing more artwork. Just strictly for enjoyment as I have a lot of unused time in retirement. I just don't have the physical dexterity anymore. You definitely should though.

In your image above on the right side in red, is that a signature like stamp? In this photo of one of my black belt certificates, though water damaged from a hurricane, you can still see those type stamps on the certificates, are they a type of signature or meaning? I guessed that they were but never inquired.

Regards, Will G.