SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Gallery    A revival of the Watch thread
Page 1 ... 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 ... 472
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A revival of the Watch thread Login/Join 
Picture of UDDwaine
posted Hide Post

Posts: 424 | Registered: February 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
mmmmmm Breguet. Tasty!

Between their iconic hands and the guilloché just incredible.

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12402 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
New Glycine Combat 7. Swiss made. ETA 2824-2. Sapphire and Stainless. It came with a stainless steal bracelet but I dig the NATO more. Best part is that it was on sale for $300. Jomashop already has them back up to $500+.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Dusty78,

Posts: 13190 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knows too little
about too much
Picture of rduckwor
posted Hide Post
Nice! Really love the strap!

RMD

TL Davis: “The Second Amendment is special, not because it protects guns, but because its violation signals a government with the intention to oppress its people…”
Remember: After the first one, the rest are free.

Posts: 20319 | Location: L.A. - Lower Alabama | Registered: April 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rduckwor:
Nice! Really love the strap!

RMD

It was like $11 on Amazon Big Grin

Posts: 13190 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Anybody know if Dave T has good prices on Seiko? I remember e-mailing him a couple years ago about one and he recommended looking at Citizen instead, but ever since you guys pointed me towards the Seiko 5 series I've been finding nice ones that are more money than I really should spend now.

This one is unavailable, it seems:
https://images-na.ssl-images-a...es/I/512ZhiaEoVL.jpg
but this one I can get, even though it's not as nice:
https://images-na.ssl-images-a...c9n2AV6L._UY606_.jpg

--------------------------
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.
-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9144 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by newtoSig765:
Anybody know if Dave T has good prices on Seiko? I remember e-mailing him a couple years ago about one and he recommended looking at Citizen instead, but ever since you guys pointed me towards the Seiko 5 series I've been finding nice ones that are more money than I really should spend now.

I don't know anything about Seiko 5's but Jomashop has a bunch and they are all really affordable.

http://www.jomashop.com/seiko-5-watches.html#56908

Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
My humble collection

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dusty78:
I don't know anything about Seiko 5's but Jomashop has a bunch and they are all really affordable.

http://www.jomashop.com/seiko-5-watches.html#56908

They show the first one I like, but it's out of stock. I signed up for e-mail notification on the off-chance that it becomes available again, especially since their price was really good, as you said it would be.

The second one isn't on their list, although it's available on other websites at a much higher price than I can afford.

I've searched Jomashop before, but thanks for the reminder.

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9144 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prodigal Son
posted Hide Post
Speaking of Seiko 5s, I was going through some boxes, sorting my old parts collection, etc., and I found a complete case and bracelet for one...but no movement. I have no memory of how or when I came to have that. I'll have to keep looking to see if I can find the matching face, hands, and so on.

It's this one, which Jomashop lists as out of stock: http://www.jomashop.com/seiko-5-watch-snk601.html

Posts: 656 | Location: Near Seattle, Washington, USA | Registered: March 01, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
I think Dave is a Citizen dealer. Also good watches.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53121 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yes, Citizen watches. I'm hoping he has some contact for Seiko as well, and I e-mailed him this afternoon for help.

-- H L Mencken

-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Watching for
Falling Rocks
Picture of erratic
posted Hide Post
My retro Swiss Army watch

Posts: 858 | Location: North Florida Mountains | Registered: December 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knows too little
about too much
Picture of rduckwor
posted Hide Post
Victorinox Chrono. Quartz, soul-less, but pretty. The dial has a quality that is had to put into words. It changes in shade with varying light angle.

RMD

TL Davis: “The Second Amendment is special, not because it protects guns, but because its violation signals a government with the intention to oppress its people…”

Posts: 20319 | Location: L.A. - Lower Alabama | Registered: April 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
fugitive from reality
Picture of SgtGold
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dusty78:
New Glycine Combat 7. Swiss made. ETA 2824-2. Sapphire and Stainless. It came with a stainless steal bracelet but I dig the NATO more. Best part is that it was on sale for $300. Jomashop already has them back up to $500.

Thanks to you I just spent like three hours on the Glycine web site. I hate this thread Mad , it's getting expensive. Wink

Posts: 7069 | Location: Newyorkistan | Registered: March 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shaman
Picture of ScreamingCockatoo
posted Hide Post
Masters of flight.

He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster.

Posts: 39744 | Location: Atop the cockatoo tree | Registered: July 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knows too little
about too much
Picture of rduckwor
posted Hide Post
That's a nice collection. I hope you have young eyes and can read those computer bezels!!

RMD

Shaman
Picture of ScreamingCockatoo
posted Hide Post
I have the E6B on my iPhone now... Big Grin
Nothing says you're a low time pilot like a super expensive E6B Chronograph. Razz

He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster.

Posts: 39744 | Location: Atop the cockatoo tree | Registered: July 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knows too little
about too much
Picture of rduckwor
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ScreamingCockatoo:
I have the E6B on my iPhone now... Big Grin
Nothing says you're a low time pilot like a super expensive E6B Chronograph. Razz

Ha! That's the truth!

RMD

Diogenes' Quarry
Picture of at-home-daddy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by newtoSig765:

If you're open to suggestions for Seiko 5 models, I have one that I'm very pleased with. It's the SNZF17J1, often termed the "Sea Urchin." It's essentially Seiko's closest riff on the Rolex Submariner...not close enough to call a it homage piece, but the influence is undeniable. It's been very reliable, keeps good time, and its attractive appearance really belies its value-oriented price. Only nitpick I'd have is I wish the second markers on the chapter ring were slimmer.

Posts: 5088 | Location: Western WA  | Registered: October 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post