SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Gallery    A revival of the Watch thread
Page 1 ... 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 ... 471
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A revival of the Watch thread Login/Join 
Picture of LMLarsen
posted Hide Post
I’d guess the one on your wrist and not in the pic...

Posts: 271 | Location: Virginia, USA | Registered: January 19, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Tooky13
posted Hide Post
All you need now, stickman, is figure out a way to mount that watch case on an fixture, like an oscillating fan of some sort(?), and you'd have a watchwinder for 24 watches Big Grin.

We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution.
Abraham Lincoln

Posts: 1307 | Location: Scottsdale, Arizona | Registered: December 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
women dug his snuff
and his gallant stroll
posted Hide Post
I'm curious if anyone owns or has owned a STOWA Flieger watch and would be willing to share their opinions? Thanks!

Posts: 10823 | Registered: August 12, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm Pickle Rick!
Picture of Pickle Rick
posted Hide Post
stickman 428, nice Seiko collection. I too have many seiko auto divers. Great function, wearability and style. Thanks for sharing. John

Posts: 2862 | Location: Lancaster, PA. | Registered: February 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fonky Honky
Picture of wildheartedson0105
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by vthoky:
quote:
Originally posted by wildheartedson0105:
vthoky, another nice route to pursue, if your quest for a 007J doesn't work out!

Well, I think this quest just got easier.
The SBDJ071 (below, left) is virtually the same thing as my SNE435P1 PADI (below, right, and thank you, craigcpa!) but with a black face.

Back to my SKX007J search!

I'll keep an eye out for a 007J. Might get lucky at a department store, as I figure most people out to buy new socks aren't shopping for a watch!

Don't back up, don't back down.

Posts: 3413 | Location: Badger, Badger, Badger! | Registered: October 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
After a few seconds using my wife's fancy aquarium lights.

Posts: 17871 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
OK, I ordered the Breitling SuperOcean Heritage II 42mm in black with mesh bracelet.

I found out why it gets the Tudor movement. Tudor and Breitling have a trade agreement to supply each other with movements now that ETA is cutting off supplies. Breitling is supplying B1 movements for Tudor chronographs and Tudor is supplying 5612 components and Breitling is decorating and assembling them.

The good news is that new Tudor Heritage chronos will no longer have an ETA with a DD-module stuck to it.

I wonder how Tudor is going to respond to the ETA famine in their value line. From what I have seen, Sellita is having trouble with quality and STP has been importing chinese major parts and passing their movements off as "Swiss Made".

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34084 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
quote:
I'll keep an eye out for a 007J. Might get lucky at a department store, as I figure most people out to buy new socks aren't shopping for a watch!

Thank you for helping in the search!

God bless America.

Posts: 13427 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mars_Attacks:
OK, I ordered the Breitling SuperOcean Heritage II 42mm in black with mesh bracelet.

I found out why it gets the Tudor movement. Tudor and Breitling have a trade agreement to supply each other with movements now that ETA is cutting off supplies. Breitling is supplying B1 movements for Tudor chronographs and Tudor is supplying 5612 components and Breitling is decorating and assembling them.

The good news is that new Tudor Heritage chronos will no longer have an ETA with a DD-module stuck to it.

I wonder how Tudor is going to respond to the ETA famine in their value line. From what I have seen, Sellita is having trouble with quality and STP has been importing chinese major parts and passing their movements off as "Swiss Made".

I thought Tudor had already switched to Sellita. They use a little higher grade and do their own thing to it. I had not heard of any issues with Sellita.

Posts: 17871 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
TAG Heuer is having QC issues with their Sellita embauches.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!

Posts: 34084 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fonky Honky
Picture of wildheartedson0105
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by vthoky:
quote:

Thank you for helping in the search!

You're welcome!

Seems that hard searches for things once common is a regular thing lately.

I've friends and family looking for ammunition for each other. Fan out, scout and BOLO for these calibers.

Thankfully, I'm good to go with caliber Charmin. Big Grin

Don't back up, don't back down.

Posts: 3413 | Location: Badger, Badger, Badger! | Registered: October 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knows too little
about too much
Picture of rduckwor
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mars_Attacks:

Sadly, lot of "Swiss" movement have Chinese parts in them as the "Swiss Made" moniker only require the ebauche be assembled in Switzerland. Then again, the Chinese have upped their game in movement manufacture. The ETA clones now off patent are getting better and better. All part of their plan to dominate the world economy.

RMD

TL Davis: “The Second Amendment is special, not because it protects guns, but because its violation signals a government with the intention to oppress its people…”
Remember: After the first one, the rest are free.

Posts: 20303 | Location: L.A. - Lower Alabama | Registered: April 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Snapping Twig
posted Hide Post
Selita, while a copy of ETA, is not a clone.

Gears and bridges are not a direct swap and IIRC, not the overall quality of ETA.

Also, Selita replacement parts are more expensive than ETA.

I bought my daughter a Steinhart Ocean 1 and it said it had either an ETA 2824-2 or the Selita copy.

For $500, either way it's not a bad deal, but I hope it has the ETA. No external markings to indicate which one.

Posts: 2831 | Registered: May 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
Sellita will have SW200 below the balance.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!

Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
Sellita used 98% Swiss made components at least as of 2018. They are privately owed. I would think ETA being part of the Swatch corporation would have been the likely candidate for outsourcing. They only require 60% Swiss components to say Swiss made.

Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
60% of final sale value.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!

posted Hide Post
Bought my first watch last month (age 41, little late to the party). Wanted something a little nicer. Tudor Pelagos. Never likely to actually use it diving, as I don't dive. Or use the helium release valve. But it's made of titanium and looks slick as hell. The band on it is seriously impressive. 3 different micro adjustments + a spring loaded adjustment + a wetsuit extension (again, useless for me but still cool).

I'm a deplorable.

Posts: 671 | Location: Fargo ND | Registered: January 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Tooky13
posted Hide Post
That's a gorgeous Tudor skalls, good choice. For your first venture into the watch world, you went big time!

We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution.
Abraham Lincoln

Posts: 1307 | Location: Scottsdale, Arizona | Registered: December 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prodigal Son
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by skalls: Tudor Pelagos. Never likely to actually use it diving, as I don't dive.

Well, there's an easy solution to that: https://www.padi.com/courses/open-water-diver

Posts: 656 | Location: Near Seattle, Washington, USA | Registered: March 01, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Fowler
posted Hide Post
Some time (years) ago, here on SigForum, I found a recommendation of a guy who can do a full restoration of an Omega watch, for a "reasonable" price. In Canada I think. Anyone know who that might be? (other recommendations appreciated). TIA, Fowler

------------------------------
Just because you disagree with someone doesn't mean they're wrong.

Posts: 7818 | Location: Mid-Coast Maine | Registered: December 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post