SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Gallery    A revival of the Watch thread
Page 1 ... 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 ... 471
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A revival of the Watch thread Login/Join 
My dog crosses the line
Picture of Jeff Yarchin
posted Hide Post
Big Grin

Posts: 12915 | Registered: June 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
Great looking Seamaster. Any idea of what year it is?

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36834 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shaman
Picture of ScreamingCockatoo
posted Hide Post
2006 I believe.

He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster.

Posts: 39716 | Location: Atop the cockatoo tree | Registered: July 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
so sexy it hurts
Picture of agony
posted Hide Post
Breathed a little life into my old girl.
A new flat oem profile sapphire, and a lumed ceramic Pelagos-style bezel insert. Polished the case and bezel. I have an NH35 mov't on order so I'll eventually replace the 7s26 with a new hacking/handwinding mov't. (cheaper than servicing the old 7s26)....and I may still replace the crystal again with a single dome.

"You have the right not to be killed..."

The Clash, "Know Your Rights"

Posts: 26978 | Location: Westizzle Virgizzle | Registered: December 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
^^^^ Nice!!!

And love the tractor pics! Big Grin

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38599 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knows too little
about too much
Picture of rduckwor
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mars_Attacks:

That is sweet!

Congrats!!!

RMD

TL Davis: “The Second Amendment is special, not because it protects guns, but because its violation signals a government with the intention to oppress its people…”
Remember: After the first one, the rest are free.

Posts: 20303 | Location: L.A. - Lower Alabama | Registered: April 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knows too little
about too much
Picture of rduckwor
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by agony:
Breathed a little life into my old girl.
A new flat oem profile sapphire, and a lumed ceramic Pelagos-style bezel insert. Polished the case and bezel. I have an NH35 mov't on order so I'll eventually replace the 7s26 with a new hacking/handwinding mov't. (cheaper than servicing the old 7s26)....and I may still replace the crystal again with a single dome.

I like the bezel insert. I just finished the NH35 swap on this one today.

You DO NOT need to swap the grey NH35 spacer for the black 7S26 spacer on the 007/009 case. Makes it a bit easier. Swapping the movement spacers in a huge PITA.

RMD

TL Davis: “The Second Amendment is special, not because it protects guns, but because its violation signals a government with the intention to oppress its people…”

Posts: 20303 | Location: L.A. - Lower Alabama | Registered: April 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bolt Thrower
Picture of Voshterkoff
posted Hide Post
I am really liking the looks of the Maratac dive watch.

https://countycomm.com/collect...iver-automatic-watch

Posts: 9947 | Location: Woodinville, WA | Registered: March 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shaman
posted Hide Post
Ok I'm gonna try and win this and restore it.
It's an original Invicta Omega Case relaunch

Posts: 39716 | Location: Atop the cockatoo tree | Registered: July 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
so sexy it hurts
Picture of agony
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rduckwor:
I like the bezel insert. I just finished the NH35 swap on this one today.

You DO NOT need to swap the grey NH35 spacer for the black 7S26 spacer on the 007/009 case. Makes it a bit easier. Swapping the movement spacers in a huge PITA.

RMD

Thanks for the tip! I've read numerous opinions about this. It doesn't seem too big a deal, other than cutting down the stem to fit properly.
I'd love to figure out how to drop a better movt into my fiftyfive fathoms:

Posts: 26978 | Location: Westizzle Virgizzle | Registered: December 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knows too little
about too much
Picture of rduckwor
posted Hide Post
You can get a new crown here: https://www.dragonshroud.com/p...skx007-skx009-011-a5

And a pre-cut stem here: https://seikoparts.wordpress.c...-new-watch-stem-nos/

The bad news is they come from Asia and there is a transit delay.

Your 55 Fathoms is what manufacturer?

RMD

so sexy it hurts
Picture of agony
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rduckwor:
You can get a new crown here: https://www.dragonshroud.com/p...skx007-skx009-011-a5

And a pre-cut stem here: https://seikoparts.wordpress.c...-new-watch-stem-nos/

The bad news is they come from Asia and there is a transit delay.

Your 55 Fathoms is what manufacturer?

RMD

Thanks. Yeah I'm used to transit delay...ordered parts from HK, the Philippines, and Poland in the past. Thx for the links on the stem/crown.
My FFF is a seiko snzh60 with yobokies dial and crystaltimes sapphire. I used the oem hands. I really should've painted the tip of the seconds red.

Shaman
posted Hide Post
Hey Agony, is this a deal?
I have a 7S26C movement.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-R...047675.c100011.m1850

so sexy it hurts
Picture of agony
posted Hide Post
Good deal if you have a moment already.
You may need a case back gasket but that's it.
Also, I've purchased stuff from the homeland before and it takes about a month to get here depending on customs. It's nowhere near as new bad as it used to be.

Rumors of my death
are greatly exaggerated
Picture of coloradohunter44
posted Hide Post
Nice watches folks. I haven't found a deal on an Omega yet, but I'm always looking.

"Someday I hope to be half the man my bird-dog thinks I am."

FBLM LGB!

Posts: 10895 | Location: Commirado | Registered: July 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
so sexy it hurts
Picture of agony
posted Hide Post
Question for the watch hive:
Does anyone know a good watchmaker that specializes in vintage Seikos?
I recently procured a gorgeous little Seiko GMT World Time that needs a new rotating internal bezel ring installed and an overhaul service.

Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
Maybe this guy:

https://www.kleinvintagewatchrepair.com/

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53118 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
so sexy it hurts
Picture of agony
posted Hide Post
Yeah i sent him an email but haven't heard back yet.
I also asked the forum jeweler Mr Troung but he couldn't give me a reliable source either. If i had the balls I'd attempt it myself but the GMT complication scares me.

Caribou gorn
Picture of YellowJacket
posted Hide Post
I'm currently looking at a few relatively inexpensive quartz chronos and wondering what opinions are of Chr. Ward and Tissots in the $200-400 range. I really like both the CW Malvern line and the Tissot T Sport V8 line.

I know of a pre-owned C3 Malvern MkII for around $200. Seems like a more refined, well-built watch than the Tissot.

And I really like a few offerings in this speedy homage from Tissot. Been wanting a tachy bezel.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: YellowJacket,

I'm gonna vote for the funniest frog with the loudest croak on the highest log.

Posts: 10472 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shaman
posted Hide Post
I hope it has an automatic movement.