SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Gallery    A revival of the Watch thread
Page 1 ... 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 ... 471
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A revival of the Watch thread Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
How much do they retail for?

Posts: 1546 | Registered: October 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Marlin Fan:

If you're referring to the 9F I mentioned, The SBGV011 Limited Edition was in the $4,000 range.

https://www.hodinkee.com/artic...dition-quartz-9f-the

Posts: 11353 | Registered: August 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shaman
Picture of ScreamingCockatoo
posted Hide Post
OK I picked this up today.
Needs a battery.
2006 Swiss Army Tachymeter Chronograph.
ETA G10.211 movement.
Yes, Speedmaster lug cuts! Big Grin
$50!

He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster.

Posts: 39716 | Location: Atop the cockatoo tree | Registered: July 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SVTNate
posted Hide Post
I'm thinking about picking up something new. Right now the front runners are the Breitling SuperOcean Heritage II in 42mm (blue), Omega Speedmaster Professional (42mm, hand wind, sapphire, display back), and the Tudor Black Bay (new version, in house movement, undecided on color).

Any thoughts on those three?

-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-
Guns, cars, Cuban cigars

Posts: 2570 | Location: Orange County, CA | Registered: September 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SVTNate:
I'm thinking about picking up something new. Right now the front runners are the Breitling SuperOcean Heritage II in 42mm (blue), Omega Speedmaster Professional (42mm, hand wind, sapphire, display back), and the Tudor Black Bay (new version, in house movement, undecided on color).

Any thoughts on those three?

IMO Breitling has lost it's way. I'd lean Speedmaster without question, but with the hesalite dial. The sapphire changes the look of the dial in a way that I do not like. So of those three, I'd pick the Tudor. Although it's a tall watch with uninteresting "plank flat" sides. So then I'd go back to the Speedmaster. But with the hesalite! Smile

Left hesalite, right saphirre. The "Milk Jug" ring

I actually have a First Omega in Space that I'm going to sell because I hate this effect. Contact me if interested for a great deal on a like new watch. That said, I still think you should get the hesalite and not mine either!

Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ScreamingCockatoo:
OK I picked this up today.
Needs a battery.
2006 Swiss Army Tachymeter Chronograph.
ETA G10.211 movement.
Yes, Speedmaster lug cuts! Big Grin
$50!

Pretty good score!

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by r0gue:
quote:
Originally posted by Marlin Fan:

If you're referring to the 9F I mentioned, The SBGV011 Limited Edition was in the $4,000 range.

https://www.hodinkee.com/artic...dition-quartz-9f-the

Thank You

Posts: 1546 | Registered: October 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SVTNate
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by r0gue:

IMO Breitling has lost it's way. I'd lean Speedmaster without question, but with the hesalite dial. The sapphire changes the look of the dial in a way that I do not like. So of those three, I'd pick the Tudor. Although it's a tall watch with uninteresting "plank flat" sides. So then I'd go back to the Speedmaster. But with the hesalite! Smile

Left hesalite, right saphirre. The "Milk Jug" ring

I see exactly what you mean, and I agree... the Hesalite does in fact look better.

I'm not big on the Omega bracelet. I'd definitely get a strap with deployant, and then I'd be looking at antiqued leather aftermarket straps. I have always liked what Greg Stevens Design has made for my Panerai watches.

You know, I think it's probably a great watch, but I do tend to agree that the Tudor is a big sterile. A bit stodgy... old. I was leaning towards the Bronze model, which is a little bigger, and I think the choice of material is pretty cool. I like the patina it develops over time.

-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-
Guns, cars, Cuban cigars

Posts: 2570 | Location: Orange County, CA | Registered: September 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of leftnose
posted Hide Post
I agree pretty much with r0gue.

Breitling has turned into a bit of a jewelry company instead of a watch company. As much as I'd like to own the right vintage Navitimer, I wouldn't wear one of their current offerings.

I own both a Black Bay and a Speedmaster. I would sell the Tudor first (but have no plans to do so as I like the watch a lot). The Speedmaster is a much more versatile watch and a much more significant watch. Anyone who wants to be "serious" about watches should own a Speedmaster (or two) at somepoint. They're a crucial part of any watch collection.

A Black Bay is just a modern watch with some vintage styling cues. It also sits a bit chunky on the wrist.

I should add that my Speedmaster is a sapphire sandwich, the milk ring doesn't bother me whereas the distortion that you can see through the hesalite would bug me. Plus, who doesn't like a display back?

Posts: 647 | Location: N. Illinois | Registered: December 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SVTNate
posted Hide Post
I love a display back, personally... that was the best feature of my PAM 312.

I am leaning heavily towards a Speedie. I need to try on both the sapphire and the Hesalite.

-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-
Guns, cars, Cuban cigars

Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post
This is my only Breitling. It's a 1946 Breitling Premier chronograph in rose gold. Absolutely gorgeous original dial and hands. Fitted with a very nice Patek Philippe alligator strap.

Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
Mine is a SBGX085. It was less than the $4000 mentioned by Rogue. The limited editions are more. It is an amazing movement, and a lovely watch. This one came from the Seiko Master Shop, and these get a little more attention than the other GS watches. The blued second hand on the all silver watch makes it for me. There are a lot of subtle things on the Grand Seikos - they are hard to pick up in photos. The hour markers have fine enough striations that they act as diffraction gratings. The face has a sun ray polish. The polish on the case makes Rolex look like amateurs. I really haven't seen any watch as finely finished as Grand Seikos.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: jhe888,

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53117 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Following Rogue's footsteps, I thought I'd try a suede band on my Seiko as well. Yes, it's silly to have any leather on a diver but this isn't something I'd go knocking around in anyways. I have other "beater" divers for that. Razz

Posts: 708 | Location: Ohio | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of eTripper
posted Hide Post
The suede gives it a certain style of class IMO. I decided on an orange Blu Shark NATO for my Deep Blue.

"We're after men - and I wish to God I was with them. The next time you make a mistake, I'm going to ride off and let you die." - Deke Thornton, - The Wild Bunch

Posts: 758 | Location: 'The Hive' beneath Raccoon City | Registered: February 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by brminpin:
Following Rogue's footsteps, I thought I'd try a suede band on my Seiko as well. Yes, it's silly to have any leather on a diver but this isn't something I'd go knocking around in anyways. I have other "beater" divers for that. Razz

Looks great. Nothing wrong with a diver on leather. Some amazing vintage Rolex combos are on side stitched horween leather.

Admit nothing. Deny everything.
Make counter-accusations.
Picture of rkentm
posted Hide Post
From the recent Luminox offer from our very own Dave Troung!

"Ladies and Gentlemen - The Fit has hit the Shan!"

Posts: 568 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: September 25, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Started to save up for this watch as soon as I saw pictures of it from Baselworld 2017. I finally took delivery of this watch and I can't be happier. Glashutte Original Senator Chronograph Panarama Date. This watch has GO's in-house caliber 37. The movement is an integrated column wheel flyback chrono with big date as well as power reserve indicator. A bit thick to be a true dressy watch but it's definitely an all arounder in my book.

Posts: 708 | Location: Ohio | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My dog crosses the line
Picture of Jeff Yarchin
posted Hide Post
A beauty! ^^^^^

Posts: 12915 | Registered: June 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
Working on picking up a never worn, still in the box, 1970's Bulova Accutron with the rice bracelet tomorrow.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34081 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
If you don't crash, you
ain't tryin' hard enough
posted Hide Post
Just saw the update from HELM... that blue is not speaking to me. Frown

http://helmwatches.com/product-news.html?m

------------------------------------------------------------------------"Everyone has a plan until they get punched in the face" - Mike Tyson

Posts: 470 | Location: N. TX | Registered: April 03, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post