SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Gallery    A revival of the Watch thread
Page 1 ... 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 ... 471
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A revival of the Watch thread Login/Join 
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
I didn’t plan on pairing the two originally but it works.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21074 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shaman
Picture of ScreamingCockatoo
posted Hide Post
That cuff watch bracelet is AWESOME!

He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster.

Posts: 39716 | Location: Atop the cockatoo tree | Registered: July 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I love how this thread is still very active. Lots of great watches being shared. I haven't been sharing much since it's a pain to host pictures but I'm an active lurker. Smile

This is one of my recent acquisitions, Glashutte Original PanoMaticLunar XL with a gray dial.

Posts: 708 | Location: Ohio | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
^^^ I like that!

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38599 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
Took nearly a week to get here, but here it is!

Rado Purple Horse

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34081 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
That Glashutte is great. A watch with a moon phase is on my want list. Jaeger LeCoultre makes one in their slim line that I like.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53117 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:
That Glashutte is great. .

Indeed it is. Is that the cal 65 movement?

Posts: 11353 | Registered: August 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by r0gue:
quote:

It's caliber 90-2.

Posts: 708 | Location: Ohio | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sgalczyn
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by brminpin:
quote:
quote:

It's caliber 90-2.

Shudder to hear the cost............. Eek
Do tell........

"No matter where you go - there you are"

Posts: 4561 | Location: Eastern PA-Berks/Lehigh Valley | Registered: January 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post
Nice! The 90-2 is I'm sure the more desirable and complex. I've always had a hankering for a 65-1. Though as of yet I've stayed consistent in my preference for a more symmetrical dial, I am wavering more and more as time goes on. I don't know why. Perhaps curiosity.

The beautiful Double Swan Neck of Glashutte Original.

Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
Look at that balance bridge and regulator!

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34081 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sgalczyn:
quote:
Originally posted by brminpin:
quote:
quote:

It's caliber 90-2.

Shudder to hear the cost............. Eek
Do tell........

Gently used, can be found under $7k for the older models like mine with the "12" on the dial. I hardly ever buy new. I find used watches in this price range are overall, pretty gently used.

Picture of JohnCourage
posted Hide Post

JC

Posts: 1267 | Location: Roswell, GA | Registered: June 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Nice watch, is that a Fortis?

Posts: 1546 | Registered: October 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prodigal Son
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Marlin Fan: Nice watch, is that a Fortis?

I can just make out the last few letters of what looks like "Fortis" above the day/date window, partially covered by the hour hand.

Posts: 656 | Location: Near Seattle, Washington, USA | Registered: March 01, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JohnCourage
posted Hide Post
The Fortis Aeromaster Stealth Chronograph.

JC

Posts: 1267 | Location: Roswell, GA | Registered: June 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post
Ditched the blue strap it came with and dropped in a suede top stitch. Inspired a little photo shoot. Tried to get the fire blued hands to present.

Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
Good choice, rOgue.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53117 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Ditched the blue strap it came with and dropped in a suede top stitch. Inspired a little photo shoot. Tried to get the fire blued hands to present.

That's a good looking combo rogue.

Mensch
Picture of kz1000
posted Hide Post
Going to the watch guy today to get a much deserved service, it's 109 years old.

I'll post the one I'm picking up later.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Yidn, shreibt un fershreibt"

"The Nazis entered this war under the rather childish delusion that they were going to bomb everyone else, and nobody was going to bomb them. At Rotterdam, London, Warsaw and half a hundred other places, they put their rather naive theory into operation. They sowed the wind, and now they are going to reap the whirlwind."
-Bomber Harris

Posts: 16119 | Location: Ivorydale | Registered: January 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post