SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Gallery    A revival of the Watch thread
Page 1 ... 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 ... 471
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A revival of the Watch thread Login/Join 
Knows too little
about too much
Picture of rduckwor
posted Hide Post
Dude: Check yo email.

RMD

TL Davis: “The Second Amendment is special, not because it protects guns, but because its violation signals a government with the intention to oppress its people…”
Remember: After the first one, the rest are free.

Posts: 20302 | Location: L.A. - Lower Alabama | Registered: April 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ScreamingCockatoo:

...I too went looking for a 415, apparently it's rare or no one is giving one up yet.

Drat! From Seiko's website I thought it would still be available, new manufacture. That explains why I can't seem to find one, and reminds me of a search issue with Google that plagued a company I used to work for. People kept trying to order products that were no longer available, and when I inquired, invariably they said they found them through a Google search. I got in trouble with the company when I told the customers not to use Google and a Google rep found out about my comment. I told my company that I'd stop giving that advice to customers when Google stopped giving out bad information, but it looks like nothing changed.

Since there is no obvious link on Seiko's website to the Seiko 5 watches, does this mean they're all out of production?

--------------------------
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.
-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9127 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knows too little
about too much
Picture of rduckwor
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by newtoSig765:
I know this watch is a lot bigger than what I wanted (42mm vs 38mm) but does anybody know how to find one? It's a 50th Anniversary Seiko 5, model SRP415K1. Priced right, I'll risk it being too big.

Sadly, none come up for sale on WUS either.

RMD

TL Davis: “The Second Amendment is special, not because it protects guns, but because its violation signals a government with the intention to oppress its people…”

Posts: 20302 | Location: L.A. - Lower Alabama | Registered: April 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks, rmd. I looked there, too, but I appreciate the back-up.

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9127 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shaman
Picture of ScreamingCockatoo
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rduckwor:
Dude: Check yo email.

RMD

You've got mail! Big Grin

He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster.

Posts: 39716 | Location: Atop the cockatoo tree | Registered: July 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knows too little
about too much
Picture of rduckwor
posted Hide Post
Replied.

RMD

Prodigal Son
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by newtoSig765: Since there is no obvious link on Seiko's website to the Seiko 5 watches, does this mean they're all out of production?

No; they're still in production, they just have their own Web site: http://www.seikowatches.com/5sports/

Posts: 656 | Location: Near Seattle, Washington, USA | Registered: March 01, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Syngin1066
posted Hide Post
I recently picked up a Seiko SKX007 and took off the bulky rubber strap and swapped it for a black nato. I think its the perfect "beater watch"

https://www.hodinkee.com/artic...-skx007-divers-watch

All I've had all day is like six gummy bears and some scotch...

Posts: 4851 | Location: Celina, TX | Registered: February 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Syngin1066:
I recently picked up a Seiko SKX007 and took off the bulky rubber strap and swapped it for a black nato. I think its the perfect "beater watch"

Good Lord, that's a big watch! Eek
https://hodinkee.imgix.net/upl...dcd7c23a5696a6dc99f6

-- H L Mencken

-- JALLEN 10/18/18

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BrianO:
quote:
Originally posted by newtoSig765: Since there is no obvious link on Seiko's website to the Seiko 5 watches, does this mean they're all out of production?

No; they're still in production, they just have their own Web site: http://www.seikowatches.com/5sports/

That's where I first saw the one I like. No link to sales or pricing, and as rmd and SC have both said, they can't find one, either. That's why I was grousing about Google searches in an earlier post, thinking that link may in fact be to what is now not current. Also, many of the watches I see by searching for Seiko 5 Sport appear to be in production, but not on that website.

I may try to call their US customer service number tomorrow if I get a chance.

-- H L Mencken

-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Prodigal Son
posted Hide Post
quote:
That's where I first saw the one I like. No link to sales or pricing, and as rmd and SC have both said, they can't find one, either. ...I may try to call their US customer service number tomorrow if I get a chance.

If you're interested in a new one, I can check at the Seiko factory outlet store near me and get back to you with availability and pricing.

Posts: 656 | Location: Near Seattle, Washington, USA | Registered: March 01, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you! That would be great!

In all honesty I'm starting to suspect that it will be out of my price range, but there's only one way to tell.

SC and vthoky both expressed interest, so if they have it or can get it, keep them in mind as well.

-- H L Mencken

-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Knows too little
about too much
Picture of rduckwor
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Syngin1066:

Agreed. I keep a 009 for that very purpose as well.

RMD

posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by BrianO:
quote:

That's where I first saw the one I like...

I called Seiko this afternoon, and talked to a very helpful person in Customer Service who said that the website we've been looking at is part of their international product line, not available in the US. She checked specifically for the SRP415K1, not available here.

She volunteered that if I managed to get one from overseas, that Seiko USA would work on it and honor the international 1-year warranty, a pleasant surprise compared to my investigating greymarket cars and cameras in the past.

Anybody know a reliable website for Japanese Seiko's? My quick check of Google only led me to a couple websites that don't search very well in Engrish.

-- H L Mencken

-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Caribou gorn
Picture of YellowJacket
posted Hide Post
this says it is available. not sure the nationality of this website. looks like $329 USD

http://www.7time.com.ua/en/p31...ts-automatic-srp415/

I'm gonna vote for the funniest frog with the loudest croak on the highest log.

Posts: 10472 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shaman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by YellowJacket:
this says it is available. not sure the nationality of this website. looks like $329 USD

http://www.7time.com.ua/en/p31...ts-automatic-srp415/

Ukrane/Russia

Posts: 39716 | Location: Atop the cockatoo tree | Registered: July 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

Ukrane/Russia

No, thanks! Eek

-- H L Mencken

-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Ukrane/Russia

No, thanks! Eek

A little spooky, huh?

I have to agree: Eek

God bless America.

Posts: 13425 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
They're just waiting for me...

-- H L Mencken

-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Shaman
posted Hide Post
I'm bidding on this!